Battle Pass Paid track is gonna be for shards, right?

I don't really know where I can ask a dev for this so i think this is best platform

And I have a reason for asking this, here: https://imgur.com/PAfFhxJ

EDIT: not for free but for shards or something like that

Comments

  • I really hope its the case, but i doubt it. battle passes are usually to make devs money, not as a fair way to give players stuff. like i said, usually. maybe possibly this will be different.

  • @Mookywolf said:

    I really hope its the case, but i doubt it. battle passes are usually to make devs money, not as a fair way to give players stuff. like i said, usually. maybe possibly this will be different.

    then why would they say paid track will be available via playtime? :/

  • It's probably due to you also having to earn the paid rewards by playing.

    Battlepasses generally just give you more items quicker or better ones than the free track.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    It's probably due to you also having to earn the paid rewards by playing.

    Battlepasses generally just give you more items quicker or better ones than the free track.

    ehm, it's saying battle pass is accesible via playtime and not rewards are accesible via playtime :/

  • @Lithuanian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686459#Comment_686459

    ehm, it's saying battle pass is accesible via playtime and not rewards are accesible via playtime :/

    Yes but it says paid and then earnable via playtime underneath.

    The blank boxes to the right once filled are simply what you would earn while playing after paying. This is just to indicate that you have to play the game to earn the rewards shown.

    Who knows they may have a way to buy it via shards but they haven't stated that at any point. We can only hope.

  • My impression, both from the (admittedly somewhat ambiguous) diagram and from the conversation surrounding it, is that everyone will be able to earn Rift cosmetics through ordinary gameplay. The type/amount of cosmetics you are able to earn will depend on whether you are participating in the paid tier or not. It would seem that by default, players are a part of the free tier. Therefore, in the same way that the free tier itself is automatic and the cosmetics acquired through it are earned via gameplay, the paid tier is automatically applied to players who choose to purchase it, and those players are then able to earn paid cosmetics through ordinary gameplay.

  • It could be possible considering that in Fortnite you are able to purchase the battlepass with v-bucks, which are obtainable via playtime just like iridescent shards.

    But on the other hand the rift does have a free tier already, so maybe the paid tier will be cash only. Either way I won’t be too upset as you still have the ability to earn cosmetics for free which is already better than what we have now ($10 per outfit/21,000 shards on select outifts).

  • If I remember correctly, where ever it was announced, I swear they said there is a free track, and a track that can be bought with either money or shards.


    If so, expect the shard amount to be like 50,000.

  • @blue4zion said:

    If I remember correctly, where ever it was announced, I swear they said there is a free track, and a track that can be bought with either money or shards.

    If so, expect the shard amount to be like 50,000.

    nahh shards cost max should be about 25k

  • "should be" is right.

    I expect the cost to be insane so they can push us to just paying for it.


    You know you have to play over 200 games to get 1 10k+ outfit?

    Christ....

  • They wouldn't be adding a battle pass if they weren't expecting to make (significant) money off of it.

    IF there's an option to buy it with iridescent shards, it's going to be an exorbitant amount that almost nobody will be willing (or able) to save up for in the duration of the pass.

  • Honestly I am kind of excited for the new system. It will be really nice to have something to work for more than just points

  • @Mookywolf said:

    I really hope its the case, but i doubt it. battle passes are usually to make devs money, not as a fair way to give players stuff. like i said, usually. maybe possibly this will be different.

    Me still hoping they would make it like Fortnite (you buy it once and you CAN get enough currency to buy another one) but i doubt that will happen .-.

  • @Mookywolf said:

    I really hope its the case, but i doubt it. battle passes are usually to make devs money, not as a fair way to give players stuff. like i said, usually. maybe possibly this will be different.

    If it wasnt about money, theyd put all the items in the free track, and not have a paid track, or even better put it all in the archives. Or better yet, if they REALLY wanted to give us "free" cosmetics, they literally would. To download.

    But it's about money.