Why Jason is more likely than you think....

So I’ve seen alot of discussion on Jason being in DBD- i’d like to chime in.

Jason and friday the 13th aren’t the same thing. If you need proof, look at this pic:

820BB2BE-56F2-4E7C-A3B8-126287348DF4.jpeg

I have heard that, originally the dead camper was going to have a camp crystal lake shirt, but it was removed due to licensing.

what this means: F13 the game is dead because it uses camp crystal lake and other things associated with the license. Jason himself is NOT necessarily tied to it, and could be in DBD.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • I like the idea of Jason in DbD, but I will only speculate as such when Geno is announced for Smash. These are the only two things I wish for in gaming.

  • So the legal debate is not for the Franchise of Friday the 13th but just the first film which has Jason and Camp Crystal Lake in it, the dud who wrote the script owns those characters and therefore Jason even though it is the child version of him and not the hockey mask wearing zombie.

    1 SIMPLE way to fix all of this, name Jason to something else, name the camp something else.

  • @HatCreature said:

    So the legal debate is not for the Franchise of Friday the 13th but just the first film which has Jason and Camp Crystal Lake in it, the dud who wrote the script owns those characters and therefore Jason even though it is the child version of him and not the hockey mask wearing zombie.

    1 SIMPLE way to fix all of this, name Jason to something else, name the camp something else.

    That would result in a situation like Ghostface. However if you do the same thing to Jason, there will be huge community backlash, because of how iconic Jason is as a character in the series and how Crystal Lake is tied to him.

  • @Guiltron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686035#Comment_686035

    That would result in a situation like Ghostface. However if you do the same thing to Jason, there will be huge community backlash, because of how iconic Jason is as a character in the series and how Crystal Lake is tied to him.

    This. Ghostface got a free pass because Ghostface could be anyone and has been many people, so even with an entirely new character and costume it makes sense, as long as they wore the mask.

  • @Guiltron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686035#Comment_686035

    That would result in a situation like Ghostface. However if you do the same thing to Jason, there will be huge community backlash, because of how iconic Jason is as a character in the series and how Crystal Lake is tied to him.

    And that's why they haven't done it so we won't be getting Jason until the legal battle is settled. To be honest when Legion came out with Joey I for sure thought that was the closest we would ever get to Ghostface until they surprised everyone by striking a deal.

  • I like speculating as to what power Jason would have. I suppose perhaps it would have something to do with strength and not mind games — think "Brutal Strength." Probably a pure chaser Killer.

  • @StupidPallets said:

    I like speculating as to what power Jason would have. I suppose perhaps it would have something to do with strength and not mind games — think "Brutal Strength." Probably a pure chaser Killer.

    Power would probably be some sort of teleport

    His perks could be,

    Something to tell him when people are healing (I would say having sex, but that's not a thing in dbd)

    Something that let's him recover from stuns fast. (Enduring and spirit fury already exist, so I have no idea how this would work)