Doctor Fix
All of these changes go together:
- Shock Therapy now has a default range of 12
- Shock Therapy now applies 25 madness points (down from 30)
- The Shock field now applies 5 madness points per second at minimum distance (up from 2.5)
- Madness 1 now requires 25 madness (up from 5)
- Madness 2 now requires 50 madness (down from 55)
- Madness 3 now requires 75 madness (down from 105)
- Snap out of it now takes 15 seconds (up from 12)
- After Snapping out of it the Survivor cannot be put into tier 3 again for 15 seconds. This will be indicated on their portrait by a clear circle blocking out the static surrounding them. They may still gain madness but it will cap at 74.
First of all a little bit of an explanation behind how Madness works:
Passively based off distance while in treatment mode the Survivors build up madness. They lose madness when not interacting with anything, crouching, or in a locker.
In any case madness won't lower below the thresholds of each tier. This means that once a Survivor reaches madness 50 they will never go below 50 madness for the rest of the trial. This means that with these numbers the Doctor can simply shock a Survivor and doing so will always increase their madness by exactly one tier.
This also means that his power is less for early game tracking immediately and more for stall and tracking throughout the game.
For chases having faster and longer range shocks is also a godsend in a chase.
The 15 second clause after snap out prevents easy abuse with an impossible to break 3 gen strategy. If 15 seconds is too much then it can easily be lowered.
Addon Changes:
- Moldy electrode - Increases shock stun duration by 0.2 seconds
- Polished electrode - Increases shock stun duration by 0.3 seconds
- High Stimulus Electrode - Increases shock stun duration by 0.5 seconds (all 3 of these are because the range was increased and further increasing it via addons could get out of hand)
- Scrapped tape - Reworked, now Ultra rare: Survivors move 30% slower while stunned. Movement speed while in Treatment mode increased by 0.1 M/S. Movement speed in punishment mode decreased by 0.1 M/S (Doctor needs a second ultra rare)
- Interview Tape - Now has a 25 meter range. (with the basekit range increase the drawback isn't really worth it. So increasing the benefit makes sense)
Comments
Hmm...interesting
But... but my sniper doc...
Is still there. Scratched tape is the weird circle one. Interview tape is the sniper addon.
Well yes but I wouldn't be able to increase the range of it.
ah. That has a fairly easy fix.
Fixed. Now you don't need to.
This sounds like a nerf for me.
If your timing with Shock Attacks are very good, this longer charging time is Nerf as hell.
Increased range is meh when you are aiming for "stunning" Survivors pallets and Windows.
Good Docs would be nerfed.
Larger shock zone, seems like a no-brainer at this point, the standard zone is way too easy to avoid.
The other numbers on Shock Therapy mean nothing to me though, sorry.
Actually, after reading all of it, i guess this is your fix discussion that means the least to me, as i got nothing i can talk about besides the Shock Therapy zone. ๐
Charge time is reduced.
It's 2.5 right now and this is 2. That's 0.5 seconds faster.
@NuclearBurrito I have to disagree, it's a big nerf.
Current Shock Therapy Attack takes just 1 second to charge, you'd nerf it to double that.
The Wiki says it's 2.5 seconds.
But whatever I guess the wiki is just wrong or something so I'll remove it.
Since I wrote the Wiki articles in question, I have to disagree again. Could you point out where you read that? The only 2.5 seconds I could find was the cool-down applied to Survivor interactions after they are hit by the attack.
Maybe I misread it?
Whatever I removed the change.
Most likely and I don't like people just claiming the Wiki said something when it isn't the case and then claim the Wiki is probably just wrong. If I hadn't budded in, it would make people think the Wiki is unreliable, which it most definitely isn't.
After pig's and gf's release i still wonder why the swap between punishment and treatment has that charge meter and isnt as quick as them crouching.
I think the stance swapping could be streamlined to work like with those other killers. Although, i havent played in a while and dont own the crouchers, so that might not be a good idea for doc....๐ค
This sounds pretty good, except for the last part. The 3-gen strat is a valid strategy and we shouldn't punish the players who are not trying to take the game hostage and actually want to get kills. I'd lower it to at least 10 or 15 seconds without tier 3. 30 seconds can be long time in DbD.
Alright then. Lowered to 15 seconds.
It's not that the strategy is invalid, moreso that the strategy is potentially overpowered with the kit if not given limits.
Ok. I assume his bugs would also be fixed, right? His shock stun not always applying can be a really damaging bug. One time I had a Survivor drop a pallet on the wrong side and still managed to vault back over it. I shocked her right before she dropped the pallet. The game acted like I hadn't done anything.
I don't like to make suggestions on bugs.
They didn't add them so simply saying that my suggestion is to remove it is kinda captain obvious.
Presumably they will remove any and all bugs eventually, they don't need me to tell them that.
also make it so snapping out of it is considered a healing action again.
This thread is buzzing with activity. Quite shocking seeing so many in agreement that Doctor needs fixing. Normally, conversations about him become quite charged. Especially when it comes to his current 3 gen strat.
At the very least, Doctor should be buffed. It would be positive change if they don't want a full rework. One frustratingly negative thing is how inconsistent his shock interupts are with vaults and pallets. As well as the range of his base shock therapy.