Question for the devs
Since dedicated servers got delayed, are we no longer getting automatic rematch with SWF in the next update?
Since dedicated servers got delayed, are we no longer getting automatic rematch with SWF in the next update?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
This feature is tied to dedicated servers.
Edit: Okay, I take it back (see posts below). Not so sure now.
I think so... if you played when they switched it on and off.... there was no difference. The SWF rejoining was happening when the servers were off. I think they just waited until dedicated server testing, before releasing it.
I think they made the servers something they can turn off and on at backend. I think what we seen as per the lobby, will be in the next update. Which would make sense, so they don't need to keep doing updates to the consoles.
There really was no reason as to why it wasn't put in earlier. I think when they announced servers they just sort of decided to wait till then. But programming wise, there really is no difference, servers weren't needed to add in that functionality.
in IMO.
It was also on the PTB while Dedicated Servers were disabled.
Hmmm... thanks for telling me. You know players have been asking for this feature for years and the devs used to say it wasn't possible. (From a technical perspective, it should be possible without dedicated servers. But the devs gave the impression that it wasn't possible with how their server architecture was programmed.)
Then we will have to see. We'll know in 3 days at the latest. ๐
I was also quite confused about that, I noticed it after a I regrouped with my SWF-Friend. Was like "Erm, why does this work?". Of course this does not mean that it is guaranteed to be implemented, maybe it worked for the PTB because Dedicated Servers still were included, but were not activated for the Games.
But yeah, we will know in 3 days. Would be really great if this feature finds its way into the game (finally).
Maybe it works still because the servers were still enabled on the backend but not actually being used for gameplay and that's what they'll do?
Just speculation.