Community Poll: Do you prefer to play Killer or Survivor

Folks have been complaining about queue times so I figured let's see how we're fairing distribution wise.

This is in no way an official poll, but I figured this helps all of us.

Vote now: What role do you prefer to play in Dead by Daylight? in - Survivor or Killer - Whats your opinion?


Comments

  • Not gonna lie, I just started the poll and already killers outnumber survivors and the survivor (myself) is leaning against the fence. This isn't looking good.

  • I honestly thought survivors would outnumber killers. Interesting.

  • survivor, because its more fun and not stressful like killer, at least at high ranks.

  • @QuickStiQz said:

    I honestly thought survivors would outnumber killers. Interesting.

    Well, Survivors are slowly starting to out number Killers but even then, you need a 4 to 1 ratio for 1 lobby, not even a game.

  • That's a good amount of survivors :v

  • I didn’t vote since it depends on my mood, I’m currently in a killer mood though. (Love me some instant que times)

  • Can I request a moderator or mod to pin this, just for a day or two? I know it's no survey monkey but I'm genuinely curious how the community is sorting itself out.

  • Where's my 50/50 option?

    But yeah, I'm with @GrootDude , it depends on my mood.

    When I don't feel loke playing survivor I just queue another killer round, and vice-versa

  • Survivor always. Love the instant lobbys. And it is far more fun to play as~

  • @GrootDude said:

    I didn’t vote since it depends on my mood, I’m currently in a killer mood though. (Love me some instant que times)

    That's cool, I would still prefer if you vote with what role you think you play more though based on your moods. Knowledge is power, so let's get nuclear here!

  • If you're worrying about Queue Times the poll is incorrect. It should be,

    "What do you currently play more" and not "What do you prefer."

    But again was it ever in doubt? Everyone who is honest with themselves knows that there are too many killers right now compared to survivors on PC. The ratio is just off, it really needs to be 1:4 for a perfect ratio.

    This is so blatantly obvious it requires a severe act of mental gymnastics and intellectual dishonesty to think otherwise.

  • @Kenshin said:

    survivor, because its more fun and not stressful like killer, at least at high ranks.

    Eh it really depends on what killer TBH , I don't find it hard to play spirit at high ranks

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685494#Comment_685494

    That's cool, I would still prefer if you vote with what role you think you play more though based on your moods. Knowledge is power, so let's get nuclear here!

    I chose survivor since I always end up being slightly higher ranked as survivor.

    E7648A17-25D9-4FD0-BD68-BC76C89D552C.jpeg

    50/50 rn :D

  • @Kasaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685474#Comment_685474

    Eh it really depends on what killer TBH , I don't find it hard to play spirit at high ranks

    Yeah, actually that is true. But to be honest. Spirit is one of many killers and it is not like u face a spirit all the time.


    And between many games where there are a few spirits - I think its fine.

  • @Kenshin said:

    survivor, because its more fun and not stressful like killer, at least at high ranks.

    I don’t get stressed as bubba at high ranks.

  • That honestly surprises me , I figured ol bubba would feel like he's in a Nascar race with all the circles he gets ran in

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    Where's my 50/50 option?

    But yeah, I'm with @GrootDude , it depends on my mood.

    When I don't feel loke playing survivor I just queue another killer round, and vice-versa

    Well, I guess this poll is trying to focus on people with preferences. People that coin flip will probably switch to the shorter queue role when one side has longer queues.

    I'm looking for folks that identify as mains. People that look at the choices and say: "I know the queue for day killers is ten minutes but darn it all, I want to play killer!"

  • Killer for sure. Survivor is pretty boring outside of chases to me. Killer you are always in a chase.

  • This is freaking cool

  • So, based on the results so far, we've got trouble.

    Each lobby has 5 players in it.

    There are 4 survivors and 1 killer.

    1/5 is 20%. So for

    M A X I M U M O V E R D R I V E

    We'd want the results of 20% killers and 80% survivors.

    Instead we got 52.5 Survivors and 47.5 Killers.

    This means we only have 66% of the survivors needed and 2.36 times the number of killers needed.

    So what this is telling me is that the devs need to make survivor more rewarding and/or interesting. Everything was already saying that already, bit now we have some evidence.

  • I voted as Killer.

    The only reason I purchased Dead by Daylight was to play Myers, Freddy, and Leatherface, three horror icons I grew-up on as a kid and teenager in the 80s.

    Asymmetrical games were never on my radar before those DLCs. I was an MMO player since 1999, then an avid Overwatch player since its launch day in 2016. Those three DLCs are what introduced me to DbD and the asymmetrical video game genre in 2018.

  • I used to be point mad. Every little point I wanted them all. I was a very successful low-mid tier killer main. But in the last several months I feel like I've been missing the point that this is a game intended to have fun. The fascination I had with unlocking everything is irrelevant to me now, I just want to do stupid stuff and get away with it. Laugh at my mistakes, when I pull something unlikely off and I want to just put on some music and run until it stops. I enjoy Survivor more because of this. I feel zero pressure and I can play how I want.

  • @Peasant said:

    So, based on the results so far, we've got trouble.

    Each lobby has 5 players in it.

    There are 4 survivors and 1 killer.

    1/5 is 20%. So for

    M A X I M U M O V E R D R I V E

    We'd want the results of 20% killers and 80% survivors.

    Instead we got 52.5 Survivors and 47.5 Killers.

    This means we only have 66% of the survivors needed and 2.36 times the number of killers needed.

    So what this is telling me is that the devs need to make survivor more rewarding and/or interesting. Everything was already saying that already, bit now we have some evidence.

    @Peasant I think one of the problems with Survivor attraction is bloodpoints. Yes, Survivors have the same 8k cap as Killer, and raising the cap isn't the answer.

    The difference between the two sides is that the Killer is the only person on their side taking action to earn points on the emblems. Meanwhile, survivors are splitting the emblem BP between the four of them. There are only so many generators, chases, unhooks, and healings to go around. I think the points earned per action need to be increased for Survivors.

    WGLF also needs a slight rework to become more in-line with how BBQ awards the stacks. Give it more ways to earn the stacks since again, survivors are competing against each other for those same points. And while such a "competition" might fit the theme of the isolation survivor slasher horror, sometimes gameplay needs to ignore thematic license.

  • Survivors greater than killers?

    No way!

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685805#Comment_685805

    @Peasant I think one of the problems with Survivor attraction is bloodpoints. Yes, Survivors have the same 8k cap as Killer, and raising the cap isn't the answer.

    The difference between the two sides is that the Killer is the only person on their side taking action to earn points on the emblems. Meanwhile, survivors are splitting the emblem BP between the four of them. There are only so many generators, chases, unhooks, and healings to go around. I think the points earned per action need to be increased for Survivors.

    WGLF also needs a slight rework to become more in-line with how BBQ awards the stacks. Give it more ways to earn the stacks since again, survivors are competing against each other for those same points. And while such a "competition" might fit the theme of the isolation survivor slasher horror, sometimes gameplay needs to ignore thematic license.

    For the bloodpoints they could at least give survivors some points in survival category every minute they are still alive. It feels so bad when you are in game that takes very long and you end up dying later so you dont get the 5k bloodpoints.

  • @AshleyWB I completely understand. I wanted to unlock Ruin, PGTW, Spirit Fury, and some other meta perks. I have limited time to play due to my career, and it got to the point that all I was focusing on was the grind. Who has BBQ at Tier 3? Who also has the chance to generate better BP totals? Et cetera.

    I unlocked Ruin a few days ago, then realized that on my limited time, and since I also want to putz around on Survivor, and with monthly rank resets, and considering I also play F13 and Roblox, I was never going to rank up enough where the Meta perks mattered. Highest I would get was likely around Rank 13 or 12, which was my max when there was a free weekend of new players and I had more time to play.

    And I was absolutely hating DbD because of that grind. To the point that I almost uninstalled this game the day before I unlocked Ruin this past week.

    In the end, I decided to hell with meta perks, to hell with pips, to hell with how many kills I got. I just wanted to chase and slash people. That's fun (hey, don't judge me).

    Now DbD is the ultimate casual game for me. Same as playing hard-bots over in F13. Just something to relax and be a Slasher.

    If I ever want to go all tryhard again, I'll reinstall Overwatch. By the way, don't hold your breath on that. 😉

  • @Kralle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685832#Comment_685832

    For the bloodpoints they could at least give survivors some points in survival category every minute they are still alive. It feels so bad when you are in game that takes very long and you end up dying later so you dont get the 5k bloodpoints.

    @Kralle Eaxctly. Something to help with the fact that the Survivors have to otherwise all split points between actions and there are only so many actions to realistically go around unless survivors just want to hand killers free hooks for not doing Gens most of a match.

    And I'm saying this as a killer main. If I need to stock up on BP, I'll stay killer and run BBQ. It's easy BP. I won't play survivor for that.

    They need to adjust that. Do so, and I'll gladly play more survivor.

  • I prefer Survivor over Killer, mostly because I like having teammates to heal and support in the game alongside working together to achieve a goal. Plus, I don’t like being the center of attention in the match like what comes with Killer. Which makes it kind of odd that I bought the game because I watched people play Killer on streams and found it very interesting, so I wanted to buy the game to try and play it for myself.

  • Killer.

    Nothing enjoys me more to actually sneak up on repairing Survs and suddenly going BING BONG, HERE COMES THE- Let's end the joke there. 😝

    Anyway, even better if you have Devour Hope on 3 Tokens: No time wasted on chasing AT ALL. 🤩

    ...

    Except those pesky Sprint Burst users! 🤬

  • Killer. Rather chase survivors than stand still in one spot for 80 seconds.

  • @Peasant said:

    So, based on the results so far, we've got trouble.

    Each lobby has 5 players in it.

    There are 4 survivors and 1 killer.

    1/5 is 20%. So for

    M A X I M U M O V E R D R I V E

    We'd want the results of 20% killers and 80% survivors.

    Instead we got 52.5 Survivors and 47.5 Killers.

    This means we only have 66% of the survivors needed and 2.36 times the number of killers needed.

    So what this is telling me is that the devs need to make survivor more rewarding and/or interesting. Everything was already saying that already, bit now we have some evidence.

    Maybe playing survivor doesn't give a damn bloodpoint?

  • @Mochan said:

    If you're worrying about Queue Times the poll is incorrect. It should be,

    "What do you currently play more" and not "What do you prefer."

    But again was it ever in doubt? Everyone who is honest with themselves knows that there are too many killers right now compared to survivors on PC. The ratio is just off, it really needs to be 1:4 for a perfect ratio.

    This is so blatantly obvious it requires a severe act of mental gymnastics and intellectual dishonesty to think otherwise.

    This is true, the question is wrong. My answer to this is "I prefer playing survivor" and it always will be. I played survivor exclusively for a long time. Still I currently don't have fun anymore in solo queue, so I'm only playing killer now, but I would instantly go back to survivor if it would become bearable again. So, I'd vote for survivor but I am sitting in killer queue.

  • @Boss said:

    Killer.

    Nothing enjoys me more to actually sneak up on repairing Survs and suddenly going BING BONG, HERE COMES THE- Let's end the joke there. 😝

    Anyway, even better if you have Devour Hope on 3 Tokens: No time wasted on chasing AT ALL. 🤩

    ...

    Except those pesky Sprint Burst users! 🤬

    Mindbreaker might work well on wraith. If you see a bunch of megs you can guess they've got sprint burst. Very situational

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685869#Comment_685869

    Mindbreaker might work well on wraith. If you see a bunch of megs you can guess they've got sprint burst. Very situational

    Yeah, but it's too rare of a Perk for me to equip it just for that, everyone and their mother chooses Balanced Landing or Dead Hard in my games.


    Also, they'll know immediately if they used Sprint Burst to reach their first Generator, and then see they're not recovering while repairing.

    So they'll then adapt.

  • Whenever I take balanced landing I get flat maps with near to no drop offs. Mindbreaker seems really bad right now I hope it gets a rework or significant tweak to be useful.

    Maybe if while in chase if you go into bloodlust 2, the Survivor is unable to use exhaustion perks like head on, dead hard, BL or lithe. Have it 3 tokens, when you down a Survivor in Bloodlust 2 you lose a token.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    Whenever I take balanced landing I get flat maps with near to no drop offs. Mindbreaker seems really bad right now I hope it gets a rework or significant tweak to be useful.

    Maybe if while in chase if you go into bloodlust 2, the Survivor is unable to use exhaustion perks like head on, dead hard, BL or lithe. Have it 3 tokens, when you down a Survivor in Bloodlust 2 you lose a token.

    If it was...

    "Gain a 3-second Exhaustion when entering the Killer's Terror Radius. If already affected by Exhaustion, pause Exhaustion recovery instead."

    ...that'd be a WHOLE other story for Wraith.

  • I feel like 10 seconds would be better because it forces you to take the risk to either use your exhaustion perk to get away early or stay put for 10 seconds with the killer investigating nearby and maybe not resorting to using your exhaustion perk.

  • This is why my killer queue times take forever. Look at these numbers 50/50 and it takes 4 survivors to launch a lobby. We need to stop trying to make killer easier to play or everyone's queue time will continue to go up.

  • @OdiumDevoniX said:

    Woah, never in my godamn career have I ever knew that more people play survivors than killers

    So does this confirm that there are more survivor mains on this forum than killer mains?

    Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z

    We are outnumbered. Killermains rise up

  • @AshleyWB said:

    I feel like 10 seconds would be better because it forces you to take the risk to either use your exhaustion perk to get away early or stay put for 10 seconds with the killer investigating nearby and maybe not resorting to using your exhaustion perk.

    Idk, i just copy-pasted the old number.

    3 is all he'd need.

  • Because I suck at survivor, I like killer. I find it more stressful to play as survivor than killer because I dont know how to handle loops and where to run.

  • I’ve put so many hours into survivor that playing killer is a lot more fun for me. I’m still not a very good killer yet, but I’m learning. :-)