What about adding item icons in killer lobby screen?

Just the ones being brought in by survivors. Hide their rarity, of course. Specifically, keys. I have a tricky time, depending on the survivor, making out if anybody is bringing them. Especially with survivors on the far right, when they're right hands are hidden behind the third survivor.

So, maybe just have an item icon pop up above their heads, in lobby only?

Comments

  • I don't think that's necessary. Just having the rank of the survivors would be enough information to assume what their items are.

  • Just make the key bigger/more pronounced, that should be enough. (I also have problems spotting keys in the lobby.)

  • I think this is like when they added the mori icon above a downed survivor to say "DON'T FORGET TO MORI!" It's really not necessary and it's handholding. If you don't notice keys then it's because you're not paying attention to the lobby.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I think this is like when they added the mori icon above a downed survivor to say "DON'T FORGET TO MORI!" It's really not necessary and it's handholding. If you don't notice keys then it's because you're not paying attention to the lobby.

    100% disagree. I have to almost crawl into my tv to see whether a survivor is holding a key. It's like a Blendette in item form.

  • I just think they need to adjust the animation for holding items. SO MANY of them hide the key behind their leg.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/684507#Comment_684507

    100% disagree. I have to almost crawl into my tv to see whether a survivor is holding a key. It's like a Blendette in item form.

    Better TV? Glasses? It's never been an issue for me.

  • I can assure you my eyes are fine and my TV is awesome. Maybe it's a console thing? We all know the graphics on console are a lot worse than on PC.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I just think they need to adjust the animation for holding items. SO MANY of them hide the key behind their leg.

    To be fair, they are not having their regular animation then. E.g. Nea hides a Key behind her leg, but she also usually grabs her arm when not holding any item. So if you cannot see anything but she is not performing this animation, she has a Key.

    I dont have a problem with Keys in Lobbies. I am able to see them, but well, I am playing on PC, could be harder on PS4 or XBox.

    I just dont want handholding in this case, I think it is not too much to expect from a Killer when he uses the time he has to prepare, to actually look at the screen.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/684538#Comment_684538

    I can assure you my eyes are fine and my TV is awesome. Maybe it's a console thing? We all know the graphics on console are a lot worse than on PC.

    Nah I'm on PS4. Idk then

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/684535#Comment_684535

    To be fair, they are not having their regular animation then. E.g. Nea hides a Key behind her leg, but she also usually grabs her arm when not holding any item. So if you cannot see anything but she is not performing this animation, she has a Key.

    I dont have a problem with Keys in Lobbies. I am able to see them, but well, I am playing on PC, could be harder on PS4 or XBox.

    I just dont want handholding in this case, I think it is not too much to expect from a Killer when he uses the time he has to prepare, to actually look at the screen.

    There's a difference between not preparing, and not memorising the differences between the entire casts animations in the lobby. And Nea only does the arm thing briefly, it's not a permanent change.

    Killers also lose sight of the survivors while they are preparing.

    It also becomes an issue during events because items like firecrackers have a tiny model that can be hidden as well. I'm not bringing Franklin's to deal with a firecracker.

    Point is, it's a conscious decision that killers can see items in the lobby, it should be fair that all items are visible, not one 50% of the time because the animations weren't designed with a small model in mind.