Killer Based Rank instead of Account Based: A Good Idea?

So you could be a Rank 1 Hag but a Rank 15 Billy. Thoughts?

Comments

  • Pro: You won't be stuck at a rank with a Killer you can't play well.

    Con: Survivors could be stuck with a pro Killer at low ranks.

  • @Boss said:

    Pro: You won't be stuck at a rank with a Killer you can't play well.

    Con: Survivors could be stuck with a pro Killer at low ranks.

    Yeah, but not for long.

    Specially if they implement rewards for ranking up.

  • ranking Is just as much about having knowledge of the game and the way it’s played. I don’t think I’ve ever played a game as clown, but ive been playing long enough to know the difference in safe and unsafe pallets, which loops to avoid, how to hit 360ing survivors, wait for deadhard, play around DS, etc. it would still be unfair at higher ranks and could discourage new people from playing, and no one wants that. I

  • @Boss said:

    Pro: You won't be stuck at a rank with a Killer you can't play well.

    Con: Survivors could be stuck with a pro Killer at low ranks.

    I know this is making it messy, but what if as soon as you got a killer at Rank 9 then all your killer ranks get automatically set to 10? There are less new players there and I think thats when people start to get a clue.

  • @VESSEL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/681220#Comment_681220

    I know this is making it messy, but what if as soon as you got a killer at Rank 9 then all your killer ranks get automatically set to 10? There are less new players there and I think thats when people start to get a clue.

    Too much.

    Have it 5-8 ranks below your best ranked killer.

    There's no difference from rank 9 to 10

  • Nah too many killers.

    If players in the high ranks are having issues with killer diversity that would make it worse.

  • How @TheBean said, it would be like nuking killer diversity in general in hight ranks ( and it's allready limited).

    Also time to find match would increased a lot (for Survivors on hight ranks) and you would increase chance to play with same Killers offten. On top of that, it would be so unfun for Killers like me who likes to play lot of different Killers and not just one-trick two or three.

    For me that case, I would be forever stucked againts low Survivors and I would have unfair easy games just because I want to play 10+ Killers.

    It's bad idea.