The OG Trapper is underpowered?
Trapper is really fun when you play from mid- green rank to grey rank as most of the time survivors will step on your traps.
But then, when you're good enough, Trapper is just too easy to go against, you just get some attention early game, loop him for half a map so that he doesn't have time to put traps down, force him to M1 and your teammates just doing gens, breaking totems then match is done...
Playing as trapper is really hard to get brutal or ruthless victory at that skill level too, survivors know what they're doing, breaking bear traps like it's nothing (of course they're not bears). So you kinda have to choose to spend time putting traps (and hope that luck is on your side) or get looped or switching target, let them heal each other and hook nobody. And that is hard for him to put on the map pressure.
Of course the auto reset trap and auto injured when disarm traps addons are really good for him so don't mention this, not all the time you gonna play with these 2 bad bois.
Comments
Whenever i faced a Trapper, i could never resist just following him around and disabling Bear Traps, then hide.
It works better than you'd think, it's wasting so much of their time.
Granted, i'm not helping all that much with progress myself, but at least i'm not gathering Crows.
That's why corrupt intervention is highly suggested. That's why enduring+spirit fury or stbfl are a must to help him on loops were you haven't placed traps.
By doing this, you either have time to set traps in a particular zone, or down fastly a survivor luckily bring him in the basement and trap all around (and kinda proxy camp).
I play Trapper quite a lot. While he is weak and reliant on addons he is a very fun and rewarding killer
If your having issues the best build I have is Trap bags, Tar bottle, Corurpt Intervention, STBFL, BBQ, and Infectious Fright
I can explain why I use them together if you want
ikr, in my case I just getting some attention, and then when he's not chasing me, Im back to gen repair and just escape afterward.
Trapper is made for camping. Once you trap an area it's foolish to leave because people can get out of the traps in like 10 seconds or less; so you need to be right there to scoop them up.
You shouldn't really be getting looped for half the map as trapper. Break chase if the survivors know what they are doing and trap an area instead; then chase through that. As you get better you will know the best places to trap to stop the loops. He's one of the only killers that can shut down the stupid god windows that for some still reason exist in the game.
Basement trapper is the best; iron grasp + agitation might be overkill but I would always run at least agitation to extend your basement threat and be able to carry people to more camp-able hooks.
I don't think his ultra rares are his best add-ons. It has to be extra dark traps or the dying state traps. Dark traps will catch even experienced survivors off-guard and dying traps are super strong. I run those and a trapper bag every time I can.
But honestly at the end of the day, trapper is just a worse hag. Everything trapper does, hag does way better.
Can hag grab things on the top shelf like trapper does? Didn't think so. XD
Of course enduring + spirit fury are good if you get unexperienced survivors and they keep throwing pallets all the time. I think CI is a waste too, as soon as good survivors notice it's a trapper, they're not shy to repair middle gens and get some attention.
I have yet to do nurse... I don't have a lot of faith in that... the best I ever did with her was black pip...
@UltraBanana
I kinda see your point about the hag... and she is a fun little bird to play with on occasion but that strapping hunk of a man swinging his machete is a lot more fun to me... also having people stuck on the spot and not running off into the darkness in my opinion makes a better trap.
I am gonna main the Trapper until the game dies or myself. Whichever comes first.
His ability holds power..its just too slow for this age of dbd..all he needs is a quicker setup
I'd say my idea to stabilize him in the best way I can think would be 1 more base trap, add a command to reset them without picking them up, and allow him to reload in lockers..this gives his ability stronger and faster early game presence so he can apply sufficient map pressure, and makes disarms less punishing
Don't you just love inching foward to pick up a trap without stepping on it?