Why cant the killer see the wiggle meter?

I feel like this would be a nice addition to gauge if you should aim for a BETTER hook or a closer one, especially if you've had someone try to body block you or you've been forced to drop a survivor. Thoughts?

Comments

  • @LordGlint said:

    I feel like this would be a nice addition to gauge if you should aim for a BETTER hook or a closer one, especially if you've had someone try to body block you or you've been forced to drop a survivor. Thoughts?

    Would make sense because you are holding the survivor and you should know when they are about wiggle free. That's just me tho, I don't see how this can be OP to be honest. :)

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/86458/why-cant-the-killer-see-the-wiggle-meter

    Would make sense because you are holding the survivor and you should know when they are about wiggle free. That's just me tho, I don't see how this can be OP to be honest. :)

    Im honestly curious if anyone can think of a reason why this shouldn't be a thing. Its clearly just a QoL thing.

  • I can understand why it's not there as it adds some suspense, but I'd use it a lot if it was. I like to be a friendly killer who helps the survivors get back home to the basement (they always get so lost), so having more info than just eyeballing distances and making guesses would be much appreciated.

    Though I do worry that any killer could just drop their potato sack once they see it maxing out the wiggle bar.

  • @Xboned said:

    I can understand why it's not there as it adds some suspense, but I'd use it a lot if it was. I like to be a friendly killer who helps the survivors get back home to the basement (they always get so lost), so having more info than just eyeballing distances and making guesses would be much appreciated.

    Though I do worry that any killer could just drop their potato sack once they see it maxing out the wiggle bar.

    dropping a survivor partially fills a wiggle meter, so if you drop them when the meter is TOO full... they'll wiggle off.


  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677795#Comment_677795

    dropping a survivor partially fills a wiggle meter, so if you drop them when the meter is TOO full... they'll wiggle off.

    Oh, huh. That's very good to know, thanks for pointing it out.

    I can't think of any reason this would be a bad thing, then.

  • @Xboned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677811#Comment_677811

    Oh, huh. That's very good to know, thanks for pointing it out.

    I can't think of any reason this would be a bad thing, then.

    I think it fills it by like 1/3. Also, you should already know this since your just my alt account, lol.

  • So that's why that guy rolled me when I tried to drop him off at the exit. I just thought my drop button wasn't working right or something, lol. Glad I said something.

  • @Xboned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677818#Comment_677818

    So that's why that guy rolled me when I tried to drop him off at the exit. I just thought my drop button wasn't working right or something, lol. Glad I said something.

    Its also important to note you wont be able to drop someone manually if theres no room. If your against a wall on the side youd normally drop a survivor...it wont let you drop them.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/677821#Comment_677821

    Its also important to note you wont be able to drop someone manually if theres no room. If your against a wall on the side youd normally drop a survivor...it wont let you drop them.

    Did not know that, either. So glad I'm your doppelganger, I learn so much!

  • @Fab said:

    Just count to 12 seconds when carrying a survivor. I think it’s 12 seconds... it might be 14...

    While you COULD do that, the same could be said for anyone playing survivor. Being able to SEE the bar instead of just counting could give a better idea of just how much longer you can hold someone. This count becomes abit iffy when things like irongrasp or madgrit are introduced into the mix.

  • I think that would be too much information, but it would be nice to have a grunt or something when it reaches 50 or 75%. Just so you know you don't havr much time left

  • @abasKWAT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/86458/why-cant-the-killer-see-the-wiggle-meter

    Its a bad idea . If the killer saw the wiggle meter to the end they would drop them and slug them to death . Or wait for someone to pick them up and kill them again .

    also the wiggle meter takes most pf the screen . That way its hard for the killer to see 😂😂

    He can do that anyways. The amount of time is constant with or without the bar.

  • flip flop would suck even more than it already does

  • @Fab said:

    Just count to 12 seconds when carrying a survivor. I think it’s 12 seconds... it might be 14...

    I go by the number of grunts, excluding grunts that interrupt other grunts. 10 grunts sets them free; 11 if you have Iron Grasp.

  • There really needs to be s Survivor perk which makes the killer drop you in an injured state if he chooses to drop you when carried.

  • that'd be kinda awesome for a aw crap moment when it turns out they have flip flop

  • because if you don't think you'll make it to a hook you can just drop them before they get to the point where dropping would make you let them go.

    additionally, leaving people on the floor slowly empties the bar so you basically gauge after picking someone up whether you'd make it or not.

  • @Seanzu said:

    because if you don't think you'll make it to a hook you can just drop them before they get to the point where dropping would make you let them go.

    additionally, leaving people on the floor slowly empties the bar so you basically gauge after picking someone up whether you'd make it or not.

    And...whys that a bad thing?

  • I'm not saying it's a bad thing but it's the way the game is to make it more enjoyable, slugging is boring (I know you don't care it's boring, but the devs do). So being able to always know whether to slug or not just makes matches less enjoyable.

  • No, would result in even more slugging than there already is, would undermine flip flop and would decrease the odds survivors wiggle free which is rare enough outside beginner's games. If you chose to take a survivor to a ' better hook' you run the risk of losing them. This game is full of risks and rewards. The surprises attributed to this risk keep it fun.

  • I think it would be an awesome addition to the game. It would add more strategy. I mean theres always that time where its like , "I want him close to this area for this reason" but its uncertain if its too far or not.

    The only thing i can see wrong is that killers would just drop the survivor the second the bar is past no return.

    And i might be wrong , but the wiggle meter only increases per drop when you Pick up the survivor again. So i can definitely see just dropping survivors be the problem why.

  • I think it's supposed to be like that, so the killer doesn't know if you're close to escaping. It's already a QoL concept for realism, or at least the survivors. The killers aren't in charge of the realm, they don't have psychic knowledge about every detail.