I tried out DbD on PS4....

I can't even say it in words how horrible the experience on PS4 is.. Playing on Controller is absolutly disgusting. And the FOV on survivor and killer feels so tight and reduced.

The fps is... Alright I guess. Manageable, but far away from good. Graphics is horrible, at first I thought I'm playing DbD mobile.

I think the worst thing is the controller. Absolutly wobbly and extremely restricting.

With all the respect.. But how are you ps4 mains playing this game?? It's not bareable for me.

BHVR, you need to work on keyboard and mouse support. This game is not playable with a controller... Or lets better say: not enjoyable like on pc.

Comments

  • I have this on base ps4 (not pro) and pc. The base ps4 has trouble with framerate...

    Survivors on the ps4 are at full pc strength, there is no difference between playing on console or pc as survivor

    Killers are handicapped on ps4 and it is quite unfair, between the forced limited turn speed and framerate issues, it is not a good time.

    Imo they need to put limitations on survivors so they can't move so freely on console.

  • Ports from the original product and system is always inferior.

    Originally this game was on PC and was ported later on to PS4, Xbox One, and even The Switch now apparently... And we're getting a Mobile too (Unless that was just fake stuff being passed around).

    The point is, if you're originally invested into the PC and try to play the Console version, you'll understand how bad it is in comparison. If you're a PS4 or Xbox main, and than you go on PC you'll experience the opposite effect (most likely).

  • You get used to it..survivor runs fine but killers have half the frames and worse sense than survivors..its rough especially when trying to play nurse..but..I'm used to it

  • @justarandy said:

    I can't even say it in words how horrible the experience on PS4 is.. Playing on Controller is absolutly disgusting. And the FOV on survivor and killer feels so tight and reduced.

    The fps is... Alright I guess. Manageable, but far away from good. Graphics is horrible, at first I thought I'm playing DbD mobile.

    I think the worst thing is the controller. Absolutly wobbly and extremely restricting.

    With all the respect.. But how are you ps4 mains playing this game?? It's not bareable for me.

    BHVR, you need to work on keyboard and mouse support. This game is not playable with a controller... Or lets better say: not enjoyable like on pc.

    I grew up playing platformers on console, so I'm pretty used to the controls. My laptop and internet are so crap that my pc experience with the game is worse by a mile.


    That said, welcome to my nightmare. I cam't tell if us console players are masochists or just plain madmen, but either way we aren't all there.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673775#Comment_673775

    A lot of players new to using Plague struggle because they used to the way they would mind game using other killers.

    Plague has to ignore time wasting loops.

    Another mistake I see is staying in a chase to long in order to puke someone’s into the broken state. She’s best played like old Freddy: find and make everyone sick ASAP, let them become broken over time.

    Survivors tend to cleanse when I play Plague as well. Sometimes I bring in double apple add-ons to insure that I get to use. Corrupt Purge to threaten survivors to cleanse. Usually there is at least one weak link that will always cleanse though.

    Even in red ranks I tend to AT LEAST kill 2 to 3 survivors on average as Plague.

    I do tend to puke a little too much when I should just leave them to get broken. You definitely don’t wanna commit to a long chase, unless you have double effectiveness add-ons and can give them the broken status effect very quickly. If they cleanse? Perfect. Best thing that can happen. Just gotta hope you don’t have to travel all the way to Antartica to get your fountain XD

    You play on PS4 right? I may have seen you around a couple of times in my games assuming your PSN name is “DudeDelicious”. I run into a lot of the same survivors and killers in red ranks. Just last night I was killer and then switch to survivor and had the same exact teammates as the last round I was playing Hag :/

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673676#Comment_673676

    Yeah sure. I have tmw and Sunday off. I should be able to play.

    Is your PSN name "brokedownpalace"?

  • No but I don't want to share that on here. If you're comfortable you can post yours on my wall and I'll send you an invite when I get home.

  • I play on both pc and ps4, and use a controller on both. OP must be trolling there isn't much of a difference between the two, and if there is, it is small.

1 2 ›