BEGGING FOR TEMP BAN OF DC-ing SURVIVORS
Hello everyone. I have registered to the forum solely to address this issue.
I'd like to suggest a 1 DAY BAN to all survivors that DC. This is the only thing that ruins this wonderful game for me. I play only survivor, have currently 117 hours on Steam and this happens in almost 50% of my games.
Please Developers! I love your game so much! And I'm sure many of us feel the same. But the way this keeps happening I feel more and more disencouraged to play the game... I have been playing a lot less frequently lately. And when finally after work, at night you want to chill with some of this amazing game -- and than DC happens after DC. Almost an hour passes, and I have to go to bed with a feeling that the game did not give me what it could have. Additionally I hate it when I lose some great rare items because my teammates made it impossible for me to escape.
Please do something about this... maybe an hour of ban so that they cannot search for another match... something... please! I am starting to feel unexcited about the game if I think a DC might happen any moment...
😭😭😭
Comments
i see your point and i partly agree, dcing is quite annoying..
but why only survivors, i mean it wouldn't be fair if killers could dc all they want but if a survivor does, they get punished? it's very annoying on both sides tbh..
I've only ever had one game that was bugged and required a restart and that was quite some time ago. Other then that I've never had one crash or had terrible connection issues or any of these other excuses.
I personally feel if you are playing an online game with poor internet you are doing everyone you play with a disservice and maybe they deserve an hour block after ruining a game for 4 other people.
I went out and bought a seperate, high performance router/gateway/bridge so my ps4 connection wasn't based on its whimpy wireless card, rather hardlined into a dedicated wireless beast. It made quite a difference.
Letting the people who cause problems get away with it because maybe once in a blue moon it wasnt actually their fault is not acceptable.
I would love to know the numbers on intentional DCs vs forced ones. Im inclined to think a vast majority are just d!ck head's choosing to leave.
But thats just my opinion
Judging from the amount of posts on the forum just like this one, it seems like most people don't realise this, but DCing is already punishable by being banned.
It just doesn't happen after a single disconnect because, as @TKJesse mentioned above, they're trying to allow for crashes and internet problems. As I understand it, it's a ratio system, so if your ratio of games disconnected to games finished is too high, you get banned for a day or two.
I feel like people will still dc if they punish you for it which will cause less players to be on which will cause longer wait times and less people playing. I feel like if they didn't want people to leave the game they shouldn't have made that an option to begin with.
Well, I had a lot of games with the infinite loading screen and had to restart. Also, games where I was bugged and the killer could not grab me and I was not able to move so I was forced to DC.Sometimes net issues in the case of poor countries.
I know having 5 games as killer where a single or two survivor DC is frustrating, but sometimes there are reasons so you can't make a "DC = Ban" because that's unfair when people didn't make anything wrong.
They should just remove the leave button
Me and someone else were discussing this in a different post. It should honestly have a scaling d/c penalty that gets worse each time you d/c.
Presently you can't reenter a game for 15 seconds for one d/c. Lets say each time you d/c over the course of a Rank period it scales it up by another 15 for reenter. So you d/c again and now you have to wait 30 seconds to make a lobby. d/c again and it's 45 seconds and so on, so forth. (WIB the numbers. I feel it should be more than 15 in general but I thought I'd use one we already have)
The reason people d/c so much is because it lets them keep their low rank (ranking up isn't really a fun thing for people who like to make others miserable) and it doesn't stall them from entering another game all that much. This way you might see the usual number of d/cs at the beginning of a rank reset but you won't see them much for the next 4 weeks because of how much longer their que times will get.
Firstly, thank you all for the replies! Greatly appreciated.
My thought on this one is that if the killer d/c-s, the game is just simply over. And the survivors won.
I did the same thing and very much agree here. 95% of d/cs I see happens surprisingly in a moment they get a hook/kockdown.
I agree, this is why I love the scaling 15/30/45 seconds etc scaling option. And the scales could reset every Wednesday with the Shrine.
THIS would solve the issue if someting was intentional or not. Of course they could just force close the game but at least the time it loads again will be a penalty in itself.
Doesn’t change the fact that both sides should be punished harder for dcing. Killers can actually dc and rob survivors of their items and bloodpoints by closing their application. Can’t punish one without punishing the other.
Honestly, just give a 12h suspension to anyone who dcs.
These 12h suspensions wouldn't affect regular bans that come from breaking other rules of the game.
Absolutely true. Thanks!
Very big chunk of survivors whos ds/bt i dodged by 1/2 seconds (its not really that hard if gates aint open) just dcs leaving others for certain loose. Still no response from devs.