Abdominal Dressing.

Maybe a dumb question but whatever. Does the 25% charges reduced account for add ons?

Example if I bring a yellow with 24 charges on it and add 8 charges to it. Will the abdominal dressing take away 25% of 24 or 32? I guess if they DONT account for the add ons then they are slightly better than I previously thought.


Also what is the best combo for using these? I never feel like they give me THAT much speed but a "Considerable" boost sounds like a lot.

Comments

  • It depends on orientation. Add-ons are applied left to right, so always put the dressing and then a charge add-on. This is why people put a battery and then a filament on flashlights, or a charge then instructions on toolboxes.

  • If you do it in the order Abdominal Dressing + Bandages you get (24 *0.75) + 8 = 28 charges

    And if you do Bandages + Abdominal Dressing you get (24 + 8) * 0.75 = 24 charges

    So as said above, the order of the add-ons matter. And it's not a dumb question, I didn't know of it for the longest time as it's not explained and doesn't seem like the sort of thing you would have to worry about.

    So put -X% addons FIRST, and +X% addons LAST in the add-on slots to have it apply to the number most beneficial to you.

    EDIT: Not that the extra charges always really matter beyond making it so you don't have to hit a great skillcheck to avoid burning the medkit out after a certain amount of heals, but it can add up a fair bit if you combine it with something like Botany Knowledge

  • Well the last thing I was expecting to learn when asking this. Is that I have been doing add ons wrong. FFS this game and its little weird quirky things you would never think to take notice of.


    It does make sense.....a little.

    As much as I appreciate this new information. A further detailed one about the flashlight example would be even more appreciated.


    So if you put the filament first. It burns the original flashlight charges quicker right? So then what exactly happens to your battery in the 2nd slot? It becomes useless?

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    Well the last thing I was expecting to learn when asking this. Is that I have been doing add ons wrong. FFS this game and its little weird quirky things you would never think to take notice of.

    It does make sense.....a little.

    As much as I appreciate this new information. A further detailed one about the flashlight example would be even more appreciated.

    So in short putting the battery (a flat increase in flashlight time) and then the filament (a percent increase) will yield better results.

    On a utility flashlight:

    Battery then filament = 22.38 seconds

    Filament then battery = 21 seconds

    Because increasing (x ร— (y% + 1)) + z will most likely be less than (x + z) ร— (y% + 1).

    I think I did that right ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • What works quite good:

    Yellow Med Kit + Dressing + 16 extra Charges. Results in 34 charges in total, which is enough for two quite quick Heals without the need of hitting Great Skill Checks to keep it.

    I bet there are far more effective combinations, but I cant be asked to test them and this works for me and is simple.

  • Yes but only if the charge add-on is in the first slot. Generally you want to put the charge add-on second so that you get -25% on the base kit and then get a full benefit of the charge add-on to make up for the loss.