Can we change the hatch just a bit?

It's simple, the hatch is the survivors last chance of escape and should be an AH HA moment when you get it.

But I wish it was more 50/50 than what it is now.

If the survivors do enough gens the hatch spawns. Meaning the survivors and killer can look for it.

The problem is, knowing where the hatch is changes the game. While normally if a person is hooked you would go for a save or try to do a gen quickly, you might just sit at hatch waiting for the person to die so you can escape. Which is frustating for both the survivor on the hook and the killer.


Like for instance yesterday, 2 people left on the match, hatch already spawned and I just hooked someone. Then I went on a tour around the map, because camping is boring. The person almost died on hook when I find the person on the other side of the map, sitting at the hatch( I already knew where it was, so I went there before the other died).

She had plenty of chances to get the person out of the hook, but decided that sitting in place for a full minute was better.

The other end of the spectrum isn't very interesting either, when the killer knows where the hatch is, so it gets closed instantly and then it's a door game, which depending on the rng and killer is always a losing game for the survivor. Or they wait on the hatch until they see the survivor and then close it


So this is my suggestion to make the hatch game more exciting and fun.

Change the hatch so that it only spawns when all gens are complete or there's only 1 survivor left.

I dont know about you guys, but escaping using the hatch is always more fun when I need to find it before the killer. When I know where it is, I just sit and wait, which is really not fun imo.

This also helps in the key game, like, yes you can still use your key to escape, but it will always require all gens to be done.


Thoughts?

Comments

  • Its not a "last escape".

    It's a "let's prevent the game from lasting forever because you're hiding from the killer because you cant do 4 gens alone".

  • It's a game concluding mechanic. It would be bad if there was no way to smoke out the last survivor.

  • I'm not asking to remove the hatch. Just to have it appear only in the endgame

  • Yeah survivors who just hatch camp are trash.

    My most intense survivor games have been while I loop a killer while the last survivor bangs out the last gen or two. In turn the most frustrating games have been when I loop a killer for 2min while the last survivor camps the hatch instead of letting us both escape by doing the last gen.

    Thats the challenge of solo play I guess

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    I'm not asking to remove the hatch. Just to have it appear only in the endgame

    But then, as before, the threads turn into, "without the hatch spawned, theres no chance I find it before the killer because of _______".

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/657479#Comment_657479

    But then, as before, the threads turn into, "without the hatch spawned, theres no chance I find it before the killer because of _______".

    People already play around this by going to the doors to open them before the killer closes the hatch.

    People will always complain about something, the thing is, would it be more fun for the majority of games?