TRIGGER WARNING: Survivors who complain about being killed may find this post uncomfortable
To all the survivors who complain about killers being OP and that they die too much. Have you ever seen a horror movie? You know only one or two people ever survive right?
I play both killer and survivor. I win some I lose some. But I still can have fun either way. This game is not supposed to always be a cakewalk. As a good friend told me, this is the kind of game you're not supposed to be able to win all the time. That has shaped how I experience this game for the better.
If a killer runs Hex Ruin your game will be harder. Life is hard sometimes. If a killer uses a Mori you may die quickly. Enjoy the kill animation and move on. Same advice to killers who think survivor perks aren't fair. LIFE ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR! Just be a good sport about it and que up for another match. Regardless if a perk or mechanic is unbalanced it's the players reactions that ruin the experience.
Now pardon me while I grab my pepper shaker to go with the salt I'm about to get. :)
Comments
You shouldn't expect to win in any PvP game all the time. That's just the nature of the beast.
Another thing you touched on that is true is the imbalance in DbD. Unfortunately, that is true of most PvP games. I've been gaming a very long time. I'm almost 47 years old. However, before Overwatch launched in 2016, I didn't PvP outside of the occasional side match in an MMO. I preferred character progression within the sense of some sort of storyline, even if the storyline was just of the typical MMO variety.
After playing Overwatch at launch, where I loved the characters, my play time flipped and suddenly I found myself eventually dabbling in other PvP games such as Paladins, Heroes of the Storm, Realm Royale, Apex Legends, and Dead by Daylight.
What I learned is that (1) PvP games are generally an unbalanced mess, (2) they contain some of the most toxic communities, (3) they all start out fun, but as time marches on they inevitably devolve into tilting, stress-inducing activities.
So, you know what? About two months ago I walked away from PvP-only games and uninstalled them. All of them. Instead, I revisited games like Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel, City of Heroes, and WoW. And I find my play time to be relaxing and fun again.
The issues with DbD are not unique to DbD. Although the nerfs, buffs, and broken complaints vary as far as specific mechanics, they flood the Overwatch, Apex, HoTS, and other PvP game forums all the same. You could cut-and-paste most of them, and just change the specific mechanics or characters being complained about, with little effort, from one forum to another. I really only hit these forums anymore out of nostalgia.
Folks who continue to play PvP games need to realize that, or consider different types of games that aren't so tilting and salt infested. If it's the horror experience, then watch a movie or join a table-top RPG group that plays horror via online group play. With Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, and Astral as options, it's easier than ever before to role-play nowadays.
Thanks for the life talk Dad.
You're welcome. Now don't forget to take the trash to the street after you clean your room. Oh and don't listen to your brother. You weren't a mistake. Your mother and I love you very very much.
๐ง๐งโโ๏ธ
Remember that scene in Friday the 13th Part 3 where Jason axes the dude in half, and then at the end credits the guy calls Jason a noob tunneler who should kill himself irl and stop running Ruin and moris?
Or also that scene in Halloween 5 where Myers stabs Rachel to death with scissors, and she DC's immediately because she was the first one found?
If you wanted salt you should've been irrational and claim survivors are weak or that killers need major buffs and tell everyone how your opinion is unbiased. This is just logical no salt for you ): gonna be a bland meal.
My favorite was in Nightmare on Elm Street 3 when Freddy injects Taryn with a bunch of syringes, but she tells him the only reason he won is because he picked an OP noob killer with crutch perks.
If story is important for you, then try out the Mass Effect Trilogy, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Wasteland 2, Fallout: New Vegas, the Witcher series and I guess also Cyberpunk 2077 will be a blast.
If you like to "build" your own "perfect" X game, then look out for games with mod support. Thanks to mods, I have build my perfect fantasy game with Skyrim and I still trying the same with Fallout 4 (of course here with the post-apocalypthic theme).
Cities: Skylines, Hearts of Iron 4 and Stellaris are great 4x games, if that is something you could be interested in.
The Long Dark is a nice single player survival game. Also Conan: Exiles (I know its a multiplayer game, but you can play it also as singleplayer game).
State of Decay is a great game if you are in this "zombies and end of the world" thing.
Have I forget something?
Ah, yes...
The Total War: Warhammer games (1 and 2) are great strategy games and Mortal Kombat is imo the best beat em up.
Maybe, some of those games could be something for you^^. I love all of those games :).
Ah... And Frostpunk is also a great "survival-city builder" or how ever we like to call that game.
@POTUS45 Understandable. I mean, that's how I ended-up finally feeling about PvP games this summer. Different strokes and all that.
Me neither.
true but if u want play like maybe wraith , u will almost never have good time because how weak he is, not only that but ooo and flashlight counters him . even without counters he would be bottom tier , similar with bubba or in cases with trapper
Ok. Cool story.
4th one I've read today about people trying to be clear about something that everyone already knows.
Let's wait for another 5 posts about the same thing.