Why can’t I dead hard after unhooking?

It doesn’t really make sense to me as to why after unhooking ur character has to stand there for like 1-2 seconds looking at the person u unhooked. Multiple times I could’ve escaped after an unhook but the game refuses to let me use it right after I unhook someone and I don’t understand why. I’ll unhook and try to move but but for whatever the game refuses to register the movement and I end up getting knocked because for whatever reason I can’t use the perk.

Comments

  • @ThatOneGuy said:

    It doesn’t really make sense to me as to why after unhooking ur character has to stand there for like 1-2 seconds looking at the person u unhooked. Multiple times I could’ve escaped after an unhook but the game refuses to let me use right after I unhook someone and I don’t understand why. Just as when u fall from a high place u get temporarily stunned but killer suffers no stun at all.

    That’s weird. I’m able to use dead hard immediately after unhooking.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/82574/why-can-t-i-dead-hard-after-unhooking

    That’s weird. I’m able to use dead hard immediately after unhooking.

    Yeah so can I. Maybe lag?

  • It could be, I’m not entirely sure. I think the game tries to prioritize whats gonna happen. Because typically if I unhook the person and try to dead hard right as I let go of them and the killer is there it alway seems like my character freezes which makes me think it’s because the killer swung and I dead harded right after completing an action the game probably bugs out. Because to many things are going on at once.

    Because awhile back I was told sometimes the game will lag when u get hit or someone else gets hit because it’s trying to load in all the points and notifications for what happened. For Instance I’ve noticed the game will lag a bit when the killer has sloppy butcher and I get hit and all these notifications pop up for; boldness, hemorrhage, mangled, pallet stun (if I get lucky). But that was a while back so I dunno

  • This happens to me too, it doesn't matter how good my connection is. It's like the game forces the characters to say "thx" and "np" before moving. I play on PS4 pro so mabey a console thing? Idk

  • Does anyone have a clip of this happening?

  • Lag most likely. Especially on console. I got used to it but I stopped using exhaustion perks.