The Weakest Killer, How Do We Buff Him?

Hello, it's me DoomOrb and I'm here once again to talk about the weakest killer in the game. Yes' I'm talking about Leatherface.


Now you might think Wraith is the weakest but I would disagree. But if you want to argue about that, please go to my other forum post to do all of that arguing yourself there. Because this forum post is for a different purpose.

@DoomOrb said:

I was originally going to put this on killer discussion but my Computer is down and in PS4 it doesn't give me the option to put it there. If by any chance a mod see's this post, do me a favor and move this post to killer.

Anyways Hi, it's me DoomOrb. Today I will be doing my very best to rank all killers, I will update this post as more killers are released and I will also change it base off your guys discussion down below if you agree with it or not. With that being said, I'm starting from the worst killer then going up to the best killers.

I'll explain why each killer is at where they are when my computer is more cooperative.

  1. Leatherface/Cannibal
  2. Wraith
  3. Doctor
  4. Legion
  5. Pig
  6. Trapper
  7. Shape/Myers
  8. Plague
  9. Clown
  10. Ghost Face
  11. The New and Improved Freddy Kruger.
  12. Hag
  13. Huntress
  14. Hillbilly
  15. Spirit
  16. Nurse

Now to talk about why each one is in where they are. Each are in the number they are labeled in.

  1. Leatherface really only good for camping. He's a good starter killer but that's about it. Bad chase potential, his chainsaw is more of a detriment than a benefit, and while he does break chainsaw as decent as Billy, that's about it.
  2. Wraith is faster invisible and he has a bit of mind game with his uncloak with his burst of speed. He can also bodyblock better than most killer, but aside from that he's just an average M1 killer.
  3. Doctor is ok, has really good tracking and a slightly better chase potential than the other killers below. With great timing in his shock he can interrupt vaults. He's a bit harder to loose in chase because as long as you are in madness 3, he knows where you go. So he's ok, but not really all that good aside from that.
  4. Legion has an ok chase, he can at least guarantee a good first hit and has a more consistent game slowing than Pig. Plus it can be reapplied over and over. He is also technically speaking infinite one hit if the survivors choose to heal against Legion, but as usual Legions power is really good at hitting you. Nothing beyond that as his powers don't help all that much in the chase.
  5. Pig's dash is much better for certain mind games, she can also sneak around and do surprise attacks. Her traps can extend the game though they can be inconsistent. She does have a better chase potential than the ones I've talked about above, but that's about it.
  6. Trapper is a feast and famine killer. He can be either really Godly or really bad against survivors. He does have great potential in winning even in high ranks, but he does waste a lot of time preparing his traps, by getting them around the map and setting them, unlike Hag and Freddy who can set them anytime. His power is strong, but not strong enough to give him a high ranking.
  7. Myers is a nice little flexible killer. On one side he can be really sneaky especially with certain add ons and perks. He can also be a decent expose killer, especially with tough of hair. He vaults faster than most killers and he's overall decent.
  8. Plague is also technically an instadown killer since in most cases people don't cleanse against her so people are always 1 shot, but when they do cleanse then you temporarily become a more powerful huntress for a short time. Overall Plague is pretty good, but doesn't get much love due to survivors not giving her the power.
  9. Clown is nice he ends chases quicker with his gas. He reloads whenever he wants and while he is an M1 killer, he's overall pretty decent.
  10. Ghostface, while his powers are both decent for certain mindgame, his power is best known for constant expose effect. He can continuously expose a survivor over and over again with no problem. His stealth is also better than most killers too.
  11. Freddy is great now. Really nice chase potential while slightly weaker than Clown's chase potential, he makes it up for more constant and no reloading. Plus he has a teleport ability to be able to traverse faster threw maps. He's overall a much better killer. While he's still a M1 killer he is a much better M1 killer than what he was before.
  12. Hag, while her chase potential can rival Nurse's unlike Nurse she has a weakness and if the survivors are coordinated enough they will always deactivate her traps. While she's still really good despite her weakness, she is still somewhat of a feast or famine. So be strategic like SpaceCoconut. Remember her traps are both her chase potential and technical map presence.
  13. Huntress's chase potential is to throw hatches at people. She has a bit of map presence because of that, but she does end chases relatively better than most killers. She does need to reload her hatches and you do need to be good at aiming them, but overall she's a great killer.
  14. Hillbilly, you have full map presence (Unless the Game or Lerrys) and gen control with him. You have an instadown and your power can help you cut loops or even just to catch up to a survivor. Hillbilly is a consistently strong killer and he will be for years to come.
  15. Spirit is a really strong mindgame killer. You never know what she's about to do next. This is what makes her really strong. Survivors have a hard time reading your next move, she has no vault animation which is good and her mindgame is out of the charts. Plus her power can also be use to get a hit on people if you read them well enough.
  16. I mean who else did you expect to be here? Do I even need to explain why Nurse is here. If you don't know why she's the best, well is quite simple. Her power allows her to go threw walls, it is great map presence and her chase potential is just unstoppable. She is undoubtedly the best. No question.

I think that's about everything. See you in the Fog my friend.

With Love, DoomOrb

Now back to Leatherface.

Leatherface is currently in my eyes the weakest killer in the game.

He has a standard movement speed of 115% movement speed.

An Instadown that when he charges it slows down more and when he goes to a frenzy the distance is already too much that you won't really catch up.

The Chainsaw hits multiple people so that's the good thing.

When he bumps to an object he suffers a lot more for it and ends up loosing the survivor for it, unlike Billy that only looses a bit of distance but can be regain thanks to his movement speed.

Leatherface, like Billy can break pallets with chainsaws.


And that's about it. Leatherface in general doesn't have much going for him aside from being the best basement camper in the game. No one can challenge him when it comes to camping. But he really doesn't have much chase potential, or map presence. He barely has an area he can protect and he has no tracking.

Leatherface is almost the face of a bland killer due to how bland he feels. Sure he has an instadown, but that's really all he has.


Now how to buff him? Well there are a few tweaks I would say that would make him a lot better. For one side when he's charging his chainsaw, make him not move so slow when he's charging it. Another thing is when he does bumb something, let his bumb time be less so is less punishing, and increase his acceleration speed a bit more to make his frenzy more of a threat.

These small changes would make him a bit more viable and would move him to at least mid tier. Playable enough to be viable.


But what do you think. As always your opinion is always welcome here.

With Love, DoomOrb

Comments

  • @Star99er said:

    They have to be really careful about buffing him because I’m sure if they aren’t careful he’ll just be a more viable hook camper. They need to find a way to buff him while making less effective a hook camping.

    They also need to be careful because they need to find some way to buff him in a way that takes more skill to use him. As far as I know he already is very strong at low ranks, so just buffing his power seems like the wrong way to do it. I wouldn't know how to buff him though. Not at all. I feel like this is a particularly tough one for the devs. He might be fine though once all maps are reworked that need reworking, when there are more mindgameable loops, thanks to his instadown ability.

  • I would like his chainsaw ability to automatically start when fully charged. I have missed so many saws because I let go too early. I should be looking at the survivor but instead I have to stare at the charge bar just to be sure to let go at the right moment.

    This change would also prevent leatherface's from just keeping the chainsaw revving while hook camping someone.

  • @ColonGlock said:

    I would like his chainsaw ability to automatically start when fully charged. I have missed so many saws because I let go too early. I should be looking at the survivor but instead I have to stare at the charge bar just to be sure to let go at the right moment.

    This change would also prevent leatherface's from just keeping the chainsaw revving while hook camping someone.

    Bubba's chainsaw charge mechanic is not the same as Billy's for a reason.

    He doesn't get a speed boost once you start the chainsaw attack. In fact Bubba slowly accelerates with each swing which means in order to chainsaw people around objects effectively you have to carefully TIME the attack just when you go around corners.

    Therefore this change would be a direct nerf. Also it wouldn't stop ANY camper from camping.

    Hillbilly can camp while revving his chainsaw as well. A different charge mechanic doesn't stop you from repeatedly clicking the charge button.

    Also if you let go too early it just means you're inexperienced. That's not a legit reason to change in-game content.


    3000 hours Leatherface main btw.

1 2 ›