Why quit in late game?

Why so many survivors and killers quit in late game? I mean, you already did some BPs at that point. Just finish, get wathever BPs you did. Quiting late in the game and get 0 BPs makes no sense.

Comments

  • Because muh pride.

    (and i think you keep your item if you d/c not sure tho?)

  • Because BHVR has a current system where if you disconnect, you get to keep your item. It’s currently stupid, makes no sense, and is abused way too often.

  • I don't get it either... But also remember not every DC will be rage quitting (although they will probably be in the minority 😂). I've DCd a couple of times but never on purpose. Once when I genuinely disconnected and I was in the middle of opening an exit gate with 3 people left - I also lost my party streamers and a rank. Sad times 😥

  • @Milo said:

    Because muh pride.

    (and i think you keep your item if you d/c not sure tho?)

    In PS4, as far as i know, you loose your item if you DC.

  • because they think that its "winning" for them somehow, ive literally had survivors go through 15min games DC when im about to hook them, STAY in endgame chat just to say "haha you didnt get me"...you literally just lost BP, 2 PiPs, and 15min of your life for nothing.

    My Fav are the ones that use DS then proceed to Tbag at every pallet drop, get caught and then DC

  • Because


    A N G E R Y

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    because they think that its "winning" for them somehow, ive literally had survivors go through 15min games DC when im about to hook them, STAY in endgame chat just to say "haha you didnt get me"...you literally just lost BP, 2 PiPs, and 15min of your life for nothing.

    My Fav are the ones that use DS then proceed to Tbag at every pallet drop, get caught and then DC

    Haha, too bad there is no chat at the end on PS4, that would be funny as hell

  • Put quite simply, people don't like to loose.

    It's why I've had survivors DC when they have been downed or placed on the hook.

    It's why I've had killers DC when their totem is popped or the gates are opened.

    It's a bit sad and ultimately they screw themselves as well as the rest of the players, but until dedicated servers it's just something we have to live with.

  • I had a Dwight today:

    He kept spamming a window ledge at the start of the map, refused to run when I came up (just kind of..meandered), when when I downed him, he DC'd.

    The other 3 players were trollers; 99% hooks, breaking them when I was carrying someone. Sprint Bursting up to try Flashlighting me on every pickup. Etc. I got all 3 dead and one whined about my internet..even though my 'net is very much fine.

  • They could be deranking, but didnt want to dc early game to make the game unfun for the other survivors and the killer.