Perks people use poorly, survivor or killer
I know there isn’t any right way to play, but i feel like some players since streamers using these perks and just assume they’re OP no matter what.
Balanced landing, I always see people go out of there way to use this and end up in a dead zone because of it. Or they wait at the top of a hill for you then jump, when just straight running would have gotten them more distance.
Decisive strike, again I see people get off the hook and literally run right at the killer to get the stun. The stun is great, but if you would’ve just run the opposite way you would probably get farther than you will during the stun. Plus now you don’t have DS after your next hook.
What else so you see from the other side or even your own team that makes you shake your head? Maybe I’ll learn I’m using some perks wrong myself and don’t realize it.
Comments
Dead Hard. People use it just to avoid a hit, typically while looking behind them and end up running randomly around in an area or into things, when it has a lot of better uses. Getting to a pallet or window faster, getting over bear traps, even bodyblocking a hit by getting in the way of the killer swinging to take the lock-on but avoiding the damage.
Monitor and abuse. People use this perk but don't walk behind trees or buildings trying to surprise the survivors. I mean... Why do you have a lower TR if you just walk straight at people? They can see you from a mile away!
Wraith with shadow born says hi
DH of course, yeah I don’t use it because of that reason there is a big skill gap between just meh as a perk and amazing
Oh on top of perks, how about pallets?!? People who literally stand at a pallet for 10-20 seconds waiting for the killer to come to them... just run first and don’t waste the team pallet idiot
I love survivors who go from pallet to pallet throwing them down immediately. They always think they've ran me for a long time but it's always cause I'm using them to get rid of key pallets.
Those are my favorite survivors as well. I mean, the chase will take some time, but they will see later what they caused.
@Topic:
BT. That you have BT does not mean you need to unhook someone one second after this person got hooked.
Ruin: That you have Ruin does not mean that you can focus 100% on chases.
When it comes to game mechanics, Pig players are up there. Why even bother to put Traps on people, when they get tunneled off Hook anyway. Then choose another Killer, who has better Chase Potential.
Iron Will - The amount of players who run in the open being visible from pallet to pallet instead of trying to use it by breaking line of sight and evade.
Self Care - There is a time and place for it's use which isnt when you are right next to another person just to get points especially when we'll make it is active.
We'll make it - Unhooking when the killer has downed someone accross the map and then proceed to run away.
Enduring - Those that respect pallets while running it allowing another few loops to happen.
Make your Choice - Running this perk and camping.
It's amazing how many times you get to the end lobby, see the loadouts and think why did they do X when running that perk.
I agree with most survivor ones listed. OoO is a big one that cracks me up. They watch you the whole time, making it easy to see when they are working a gen.
Killers use more than perks incorrectly, or just funny.
Pigs put a trap on someone, then camp the hook and tunnel the trapped player right off the hook. ######### was the point of that? The trap is serving zero purpose. If you are hellbent on tunneling, trap another and tunnel the untrapped, then you are keeping 2 off of gens.
Trapper trapping the hook in one spot when facing an obvious SWF.
Ghostface forgoing an easy hit in order to try and stalk the guy in his face only to get knocked out of stealth.
I could go on, but let's do perks.
BBQ- running BBQ with insidious when you intend to hard camp. Especially at higher ranks when players will let that survivor sit on the hook and knock out gens. Might get 2 to 3 hooks all game.
Remember Me with STBFL- you want to hit the obsession, you don't want to hit the obsession.
Deerstalker run with Iron Grasp and Agitation. ######### is this? I mean, there might be a few situations where this might actually help, but not often.
Blood Warden- I can't tell you how many times I've seen killers slug when the gate is open and running blood warden. Too funny.
Though I see your reasons, you are wasting a perk slot due to one of them not helping at all times. We are outnumbered 16 perks to 4, it's not a good idea to waste a perk slot. Especially since so many run Ruin and it gets destroyed quickly most times.
Thanataphobia, I see so many people run Thana and not use it to it's max potential. From my experience Thana is very much a slug build perk and so killers running round tunneling, and trying to get kills asap which hinders it's maximum debuff and so you really dont get the full potential out of it, or they find two peope and only go after one, as opposed to hitting one and chasing the other to get two hits for Thana.
I just had this, by mid game his teammates have no safety... annoys me when teammates do it too
I sometimes see people use Spirit Fury less efficient than possible.
You want that auto-break on a Pallet where you know you can get a hit, which is a zone without any other Pallets, or an easy loop.
Just letting a Pallet stun you, breaking it, and then having the Survivor get to a good window or the next (Pallet)-loop is pretty wasteful.
This is assuming you're a Trapper without Bear Traps btw, so a Killer without Power.
Going into details for every Killer on SF is a story that's too long for me to want to write right now.