Let's talk about Chapter 13

First things first, I would like to start off and say, hello, this is my very first post on this forum, or really, any gaming forum in general. Now, lets discuss chapter 13 a bit, even though I've heard and seen lots of thoughts about chapter 13 aleady. From Peanits himself saying he's excited and expects a big boost in players for the release. To me, this leans towards it being licensed but what about everyone else? Do you believe it to be licensed or original, and if licensed then what exactly? I gotta say, I personally hope and believe it to be Stranger Things related.

Comments

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628276#Comment_628276

    I mean that's assuming that they haven't worked on any new chapter since then.

    Yup, or the streamer could have been lying but he doesn't seem like he did , he seemed like he was being truthful but if he was I can't blame him at all.

  • I mean the Devs at that time seemed to be ploughing through new innovative ideas and concepts for killers.

    You can tell a good few of the Devs would be massive fans of the 80s vibe of Stranger Things.

    We have the perfect opportunity for a Stranger Things chapter and we also conveniently have long in the making demogorgan design hopefully. And the tweet from Netflix and the other hints we have.

    It seems 92% likely it'll be Stranger Things.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    Can we get a Middle Eastern survivor though?

    Yes to this. Either that, or Native American. Also, can we get a young-looking survivor this time, BHVR? Not trying to be ageist, but we've had Ash, Jane, Jeff, and Adam for the last 4 DLCs. The last young-looking survivor was Kate.

  • @Kamikaze_Rose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/627762#Comment_627762

    Yes to this. Either that, or Native American. Also, can we get a young-looking survivor this time, BHVR? Not trying to be ageist, but we've had Ash, Jane, Jeff, and Adam for the last 4 DLCs. The last young-looking survivor was Kate.

    And the last young licensed survivor was Quentin. *shutters*

  • @Kamikaze_Rose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/627762#Comment_627762

    Yes to this. Either that, or Native American. Also, can we get a young-looking survivor this time, BHVR? Not trying to be ageist, but we've had Ash, Jane, Jeff, and Adam for the last 4 DLCs. The last young-looking survivor was Kate.

    I can see an ancient Egyptian pyramid being likely down the line, with a mummy or Pharaoh killer and the option for a middle Eastern survivor.

    I know Egypt is north east Africa but I still feel like it's got significant history in the middle East area too.

  • Wait, what? I did say that I'm excited for it (and the next few updates)- and I am- but I never said that I expect "a big boost in players". That's not something I would say.

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, what? I did say that I'm excited for it (and the next few updates)- and I am- but I never said that I expect "a big boost in players". That's not something I would say.

    But why would you address the misquotation if it was leading to speculation on a big Stranger Things crossover idea if it wasn't true?

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628316#Comment_628316

    But why would you address the misquotation if it was leading to speculation on a big Stranger Things crossover idea if it wasn't true?

    Because I don't want to be misquoted. You're really grasping at straws here.

  • @Peanits said:

    Wait, what? I did say that I'm excited for it (and the next few updates)- and I am- but I never said that I expect "a big boost in players". That's not something I would say.

    First, wow, I never expected a dev on my very first discussion post, I feel pretty great. To your question though, it was on the "DBD needs something big" post.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628326#Comment_628326

    Because I don't want to be misquoted. You're really grasping at straws here.

    Grasping at straws... Maybe the clues we think we have are not as big as what we think but I still wonder why this thread in particular would make you feel like you should dismiss the legitimacy of a stranger things chapter directly.

    Clutching at straws is exactly what someone who knows "omg they're onto us" would say, in my opinion.

    I mean until I find out any other hint I'm still gonna thing that it has to be Stranger Things.

  • WE NEED MATILDA'S CHAPTER AAAAAGGHHH

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628332#Comment_628332

    Grasping at straws... Maybe the clues we think we have are not as big as what we think but I still wonder why this thread in particular would make you feel like you should dismiss the legitimacy of a stranger things chapter directly.

    Clutching at straws is exactly what someone who knows "omg they're onto us" would say, in my opinion.

    I mean until I find out any other hint I'm still gonna thing that it has to be Stranger Things.

    Not to be that guy but this scenario happened with almost every chapter, and not once the community got it right. Devs are very careful to not give important clues.

  • Okay, here's the direct quote from Peanits, "This is even keeping in mind that we are between releases at the moment, it'll shoot way back up when the next chapter launches." so I can't lie, I did unintentionally shorting the statement way down but still it boils down to "we really expect players to flock to this chapter".

  • I mean player numbers do spike on release of every chapter. I get why he would try and set it straight but I still think it's ST.

    Could be a cosmetics, hopefully not. Stranger Feng t shirt, hag Demogorgon skin. I get how they don't want us to get hyped about something which might be very little.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628316#Comment_628316

    First, wow, I never expected a dev on my very first discussion post, I feel pretty great. To your question though, it was on the "DBD needs something big" post.

    Peanits said "it'll (the playerbase) shoot way back up when the next chapter launches." That indicates the spike in players which includes people who've never played before and those who may have abandoned/experienced burn-out on the game and are curious about the new chapter. We ALWAYS have a spike in players after a new chapter releases, in other words.

  • If it's any license it would have one of those embargo thingys on it. They're being extremely careful not to reveal anything and the biggest hint we have is the nootflix tweet.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    I mean player numbers do spike on release of every chapter. I get why he would try and set it straight but I still think it's ST.

    Could be a cosmetics, hopefully not. Stranger Feng t shirt, hag Demogorgon skin. I get how they don't want us to get hyped about something which might be very little.

    Oh yeah, I completely understand where he's coming from and sympathize with that but with so little info, we gotta grasp at anything we can get a hold of and run with it fake or not, right or wrong it's all in good fun.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    Okay, here's the direct quote from Peanits, "This is even keeping in mind that we are between releases at the moment, it'll shoot way back up when the next chapter launches." so I can't lie, I did unintentionally shorting the statement way down but still it boils down to "we really expect players to flock to this chapter".

    I think it was a generalized statement. Most streamers go back to DBD for the week. Although, maybe his nervousness to reply and to deny it secretly shows the trueness in the overstatement.

  • @Kamikaze_Rose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628337#Comment_628337

    Peanits said "it'll (the playerbase) shoot way back up when the next chapter launches." That indicates the spike in players which includes people who've never played before and those who may have abandoned/experienced burn-out on the game and are curious about the new chapter. We ALWAYS have a spike in players after a new chapter releases, in other words.

    Very true but at least from what I've seen, the only time player counts "shoot way back up" is when a licensed chapter releases because of all the brand new players that see this brand IP and go "I want that, I want to play that!" Keep in mind I'm on PS4 so it might be different to what PC players are custom to.

  • I mean if you had to keep a secret you'd try to say as little as possible in case something slips out.

    I think everyone has been incredibly silent over the prospect of a ST chapter so... That makes me think it's coming.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628368#Comment_628368

    I think it was a generalized statement. Most streamers go back to DBD for the week. Although, maybe his nervousness to reply and to deny it secretly shows the trueness in the overstatement.

    Either that or he's simply busy with other posts, he's a dev after all.

  • Is it just me or has this thread stopped popping up on top after each reply.

    tHeY cAnT hIDe tHE TrUtH

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628332#Comment_628332

    Grasping at straws... Maybe the clues we think we have are not as big as what we think but I still wonder why this thread in particular would make you feel like you should dismiss the legitimacy of a stranger things chapter directly.

    Clutching at straws is exactly what someone who knows "omg they're onto us" would say, in my opinion.

    I mean until I find out any other hint I'm still gonna thing that it has to be Stranger Things.

    I have said nothing about the rumours, I've only mentioned the quote from the OP.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628343#Comment_628343

    I have said nothing about the rumours, I've only mentioned the quote from the OP.

    Like I said Peanits, this all in good fun and just speculation but I'm sorry if you feel like I'm steering up trouble, that is never my intention.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628343#Comment_628343

    I have said nothing about the rumours, I've only mentioned the quote from the OP.

    So... The rumours cannot be disproven, of course you can't say though😛, embargo and all that.

    I'm just gonna stop talking, I know what is likely to come and I've had a general idea for a while, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. It's fine because we'll get something else which might even be better.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628438#Comment_628438

    So... The rumours are true, of course you can't say though😛, embargo and all that.

    Okay, that's pushing it a bit far, and plus he probably doesn't want to talk at all about rumours cause it'll just stir up trouble both internally and for the community to go wild, that's why they play their cards close to the chest after all.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628446#Comment_628446

    Okay, that's pushing it a bit far, and plus he probably doesn't want to talk at all about rumours cause it'll just stir up trouble both internally and for the community to go wild, that's why they play their cards close to the chest after all.

    I changed my wording. I didn't intend to come across so "ahah, the truth is out" like.

    Peanits is doing a really good job at fending off the Stranger Things crazys and engaging in discussion.

    I'm gonna stop pressing and "overthinking" details for now.😁

  • @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628458#Comment_628458

    I changed my wording. I didn't intend to come across so "ahah, the truth is out" like.

    Peanits is doing a really good job at fending off the Stranger Things crazys and engaging in discussion.

    I'm gonna stop pressing and "overthinking" details for now.😁

    Thank you so much for the edit, the last thing I want is for this discussion to turn hostile or snarky towards anybody, especially towards devs for just trying to help clear quotes up.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628343#Comment_628343

    I have said nothing about the rumours, I've only mentioned the quote from the OP.

    We know most of us are just busting on you :)

  • Oman is also the name of a German Professor fro Hellraiser: Inferno. So we could be getting them as a cenobite or as a new survivor.

  • @xmenfanatic said:

    Oman is also the name of a German Professor fro Hellraiser: Inferno. So we could be getting them as a cenobite or as a new survivor.

    I'm curious where did you get this Oman from because a code name for a chapter is called Oman.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628586#Comment_628586

    I'm curious where did you get this Oman from because a code name for a chapter is called Oman.

    Typically the chapter code name doesn't directly tie in with the chapter. I think that O was the next letter in the alphabet to title the chapter under.

    But I simply googled Oman with hell raiser and saw that an actor who played "German Scientist" has that last name, so maybe it's just a respectful reference, but also it could be a more literal hint towards the killer or survivor.

  • The codename Oman is simply a way the Devs file all their stuff relating to each chapter.

    It's been treated as a clue before but it's been proven to be nothing more than some way the Devs organise each chapter.

  • @xmenfanatic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628598#Comment_628598

    Typically the chapter code name doesn't directly tie in with the chapter. I think that O was the next letter in the alphabet to title the chapter under.

    But I simply googled Oman with hell raiser and saw that an actor who played "German Scientist" has that last name, so maybe it's just a respectful reference, but also it could be a more literal hint towards the killer or survivor.

    Yup, code names 99% of the time don't connect except for England cause you know.

    Also, I'm pretty sure they codename by countrys if I'm correct?

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628602#Comment_628602

    Yup, code names 99% of the time don't connect except for England cause you know.

    Also, I'm pretty sure they codename by countrys if I'm correct?

    Yeah I'm leaning toward it more likely being a middle eastern countries name rather than the actor's name too.

  • @xmenfanatic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628620#Comment_628620

    Yeah I'm leaning toward it more likely being a middle eastern countries name rather than the actor's name too.

    I wounder what's going to happen after they run out of letters, just restart?

  • @AshleyWB said:

    I realize that all killers have a face and I would find it really cool if there was a Demogorgon killer, it would be called 'The Faceless' as it's a direct quotation from multiple characters saying "it was this thing, it had a face but it didn't" I don't remember the exact quotes. I just know that it'll respect the Stranger Things lore.

    or maybe "The Monster" or just "The Demogorgon"

  • Oh baby here we GO!

    https://twitter.com/DeviusQC/status/1161298720899682304?s=19

  • I don't want to be rude but behavior has other games and Netflix has other horror movie originals on its service so it might not even be on dbd or it might not be stranger things

  • @Feck3 said:

    I don't want to be rude but behavior has other games and Netflix has other horror movie originals on its service so it might not even be on dbd or it might not be stranger things

    I mean yeah but honestly it all seems to point towards BHVR's most popular game which is undoubtedly Dead by daylight. I mean just look at the tweet above, I'm pretty convinced that's Dave being cheeky. Also, don't worry about being rude, I know BHVR makes plenty of games and works with all kinds of properties.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    There are some Pnhead rumors, but I don't think he's the next one. Here a video, however, this is a video just before from Ghostface:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA06kc5XgZI

    This is why I think it's not him:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/131/ZAVVIPGODUKA.png

    Epic Games has already make a crossover event in fortnite, it was with stranger things, so if we have a killer, it's the demogorgon, here are some sounds leaked from the accidental dev game build that came out showing Ghostface (first, GF sounds, then leaked ones):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4I6NZI2b4k

    Also, there is a "leaked audio" (not official) which has the main theme but with a nostalgic tone. I trust this can be the archives' theme.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ZGW-CHvRH/

    I know it's not a thing, but the leaked main theme really gives me The Last Of Us vibes lol

  • @MoonwalkingMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628155#Comment_628155

    I know it's not a thing, but the leaked main theme really gives me The Last Of Us vibes lol

    Probably because it has a relaxed but somber tone to it which a lot of music in TLOU has that.

  • This post just hit 1K and I want to say, thank you so much to everyone who helped make my very first gaming forum post every be as popular as it, it means a lot to me.

1 2 ›