Freddy stronger than Billy?

Is it possible that people think freddy is stronger than Billy? Sure, now also freddy has strong mobility across the map, but he can't instadawn.

Screenshot_2019-08-10-13-02-55-565_com.android.chrome.png


Comments

  • I wouldn't care too much about that tier list, LOL.

  • Hm, that's a good question, though good survivors will always force an M1 from billy and will not get a chainsaw up their butt, whilst Freddy doesn't have an insta down in the first place, but he has other abilities that make up for this.

    But at the same time if survivors do make a mistake of running out in the open, Billy can punish that tremendously and snowball the entire team.

    If you consider that all survivors are gonna be great and won't let Billy instadown them, I think Freddy is better because he has more advanced tricks, like cutting off a survivor mid chase, as well as being the fastest killer who can get from one side of the map to another in only 5 seconds.

  • Nope.

    I'd place Freddy below Huntress and above Myers, which is still like #6 best killer in the game. But Billy is still def better

  • @SpyMature said:

    Hm, that's a good question, though good survivors will always force an M1 from billy and will not get a chainsaw up their butt, whilst Freddy doesn't have an insta down in the first place, but he has other abilities that make up for this.

    But at the same time if survivors do make a mistake of running out in the open, Billy can punish that tremendously and snowball the entire team.

    If you consider that all survivors are gonna be great and won't let Billy instadown them, I think Freddy is better because he has more advanced tricks, like cutting off a survivor mid chase, as well as being the fastest killer who can get from one side of the map to another in only 5 seconds.

    Good Billys still get instadowns vs good survivors. You can't avoid that all the time. I'd say half his chases will still end up in instadowns most of the time.

    Watching a good Billy curve the chainsaw perfectly around loops is still one of the most fun things to watch in this game.

    People act like Billy has no skill ceiling but the difference between a good Billy and a great Billy is pretty damn large

  • On this List, Myers is better then Hag and Huntress... Nuff said...

    Also, everyone can Vote there, no matter the Rank and if it is console or PC.

  • In my opinion, Billy is stronger, most likely the 3rd or 4th strongest Killer, he is around the same Level as Hag for me, but gets looped, while Hag is more dependent on the Map as well Items and Perks the Survivors bring.

    But I would put Freddy at Number 5, even above Huntress. He is solid upper Midtier, and a strong 115% MS-Killer.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    In my opinion, Billy is stronger, most likely the 3rd or 4th strongest Killer, he is around the same Level as Hag for me, but gets looped, while Hag is more dependent on the Map as well Items and Perks the Survivors bring.

    But I would put Freddy at Number 5, even above Huntress. He is solid upper Midtier, and a strong 115% MS-Killer.

    I see no way for him to be better than Huntress, especially after the buffs to her lullaby.

    She still has a pseudo instadown and in open maps she's still better than any M1 killer could dream of being.

    I feel like the top 5 is as clear as it can be in this game, but Freddy is definitely the best M1 killer atm

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623020#Comment_623020

    I see no way for him to be better than Huntress, especially after the buffs to her lullaby.

    She still has a pseudo instadown and in open maps she's still better than any M1 killer could dream of being.

    I feel like the top 5 is as clear as it can be in this game, but Freddy is definitely the best M1 killer atm

    Huntress got really [BAD WORD] by poor map design choices, and because of that +her being a 110% killer, she moved down in tier and really depends on what kind of map she gets and it's RNG.

  • @SpyMature said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623022#Comment_623022

    Huntress got really [BAD WORD] by poor map design choices, and because of that +her being a 110% killer, she moved down in tier and really depends on what kind of map she gets and it's RNG.

    I mean, she ends chases fast regardless of the map.

    You could argue she's not #5 in Lery's or the Game but she is anywhere else

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623020#Comment_623020

    I see no way for him to be better than Huntress, especially after the buffs to her lullaby.

    She still has a pseudo instadown and in open maps she's still better than any M1 killer could dream of being.

    I feel like the top 5 is as clear as it can be in this game, but Freddy is definitely the best M1 killer atm

    I would count Billy as M1-Killer, but thats definition.

    Regarding Huntress, she gets ######### on some Maps. High-Wall Loops can destroy her more easily than they can hurt Freddy.

    Furthermore, depending if choosing Snares or Pallets, Freddy can get either really good in Chases with Snares, or has good Lategame Potential with Pallets. I mean, it is a close one, but I would say that Freddy might be above Huntress.

    But like I said, a close one, and even if he is below Huntress, he is not worse than 6th on the list.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623020#Comment_623020

    I see no way for him to be better than Huntress, especially after the buffs to her lullaby.

    She still has a pseudo instadown and in open maps she's still better than any M1 killer could dream of being.

    I feel like the top 5 is as clear as it can be in this game, but Freddy is definitely the best M1 killer atm

    What buffs?

    Huntress suffer too much from loops in jungle gyms...and in open maps you still have to have very good aim, hard thing especially on console.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623022#Comment_623022

    I would count Billy as M1-Killer, but thats definition.

    Regarding Huntress, she gets ######### on some Maps. High-Wall Loops can destroy her more easily than they can hurt Freddy.

    Furthermore, depending if choosing Snares or Pallets, Freddy can get either really good in Chases with Snares, or has good Lategame Potential with Pallets. I mean, it is a close one, but I would say that Freddy might be above Huntress.

    But like I said, a close one, and even if he is below Huntress, he is not worse than 6th on the list.

    Pallets are legit awful vs good survivors. Like for real.

    Fun, but terribly inneffective.

    He's definitely not worse than 6. He's got exactly the same chasing power as Clown, if not more, with a teleport to boot. I laugh at everyone who asked for buffs before release, including me who though the snares would be weak before I learned how to use them.

    If every killer they release from now on is Freddy levels of power I'm happy with the direction this game is taking.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623023#Comment_623023

    I mean, she ends chases fast regardless of the map.

    You could argue she's not #5 in Lery's or the Game but she is anywhere else

    duh, Coldwind maps are pretty much a game over for her against good survivors, you can't throw over the hatchet in most of the places, and get looped like a 110% killer without a power on most of the loops. Specially the bullshit main building loop with a generator, where it's basically a safehouse for survivors whenever they get there against a Huntress.

  • @Grandkurama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623022#Comment_623022

    What buffs?

    Huntress suffer too much from loops in jungle gyms...and in open maps you still have to have very good aim, hard thing especially on console.

    I mean, on console Huntress is garbage tier sadly. Just played her on console yesterday, I'm still sad with how terrible she is.

    Basically her lullaby is not directional anymore. Combine that with her small terror radius and you can actually sneak up on people without them knowing where you're coming from, which is VERY dangerous against Huntress considering how fast she downs you.

    High wall loops are the ones you can mindgame anyway, so that honestly doesn't bother me much. And every time you go through a pallet and you're in M1 range she forces a mindgame between M1 and M2, so you don't have to go M2 every time.

    Huntress got hurt by map design, yes, but that's like falling from #3 (before Spirit was released and Hag was buffed) to #5, she's still VERY good.

  • @SpyMature said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623024#Comment_623024

    duh, Coldwind maps are pretty much a game over for her against good survivors, you can't throw over the hatchet in most of the places, and get looped like a 110% killer without a power on most of the loops. Specially the bullshit main building loop with a generator, where it's basically a safehouse for survivors whenever they get there against a Huntress.

    Coldwind is also the realm where she can cross map snipe people the most

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623023#Comment_623023

    I mean, she ends chases fast regardless of the map.

    You could argue she's not #5 in Lery's or the Game but she is anywhere else

    Huntress is a gamble. I'd put Freddy above Huntress due to the amount of bad maps Huntress has. With Freddy you can do good consistently whereas Huntress can be great on maps like autohaven and swamp and fall short on others like Yamaoka.

  • @PolarBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623024#Comment_623024

    Huntress is a gamble. I'd put Freddy above Huntress due to the amount of bad maps Huntress has. With Freddy you can do good consistently whereas Huntress can be great on maps like autohaven and swamp and fall short on others like Yamaoka.

    Long range shots help but they're not necessary on Huntress.

    People seriously underestimate her up close game and it shows.

  • Here's the thing. In her bad maps, she's Freddy level or a bit worse. On her good maps, she's so much better than him it's actually absurd.

  • Billeh and Freddeh have their own advantages. It's hard to say which one is stronger, but Freddeh is definitely more fun to play than Billeh.

  • TBH I'm not surprised people see it that way. The key difference between any of the top 5 killers and anyone else is the huge skill ceiling they have,

    The difference between a good Freddy and a great Freddy is small. The difference between a good and a great Billy/Huntress/Nurse (a bit less for Spirit and Hag) is absurd. And great killers are hard to come by in this game.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623023#Comment_623023

    I mean, she ends chases fast regardless of the map.

    You could argue she's not #5 in Lery's or the Game but she is anywhere else

    Hadnofun, Family Residence, Mount Ormond, there are more bad maps for Huntress than these 2. I think she is slightly better than Freddy due to her really high skill ceiling, but I don't think Freddy is too far from her, not with maps that [BAD WORD] Huntress.

  • @gantes said:

    Here's the thing. In her bad maps, she's Freddy level or a bit worse. On her good maps, she's so much better than him it's actually absurd.

    But what are her good maps ? Because she is very good on Autohaven Wreckers ( mainly on Blood Lodge ), but then, she has maps that don't hurt her too much, maps that makes her life a pain and maps that completely destroy her and causes DCs among Huntress mains.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623036#Comment_623036

    But what are her good maps ? Because she is very good on Autohaven Wreckers ( mainly on Blood Lodge ), but then, she has maps that don't hurt her too much, maps that makes her life a pain and maps that completely destroy her and causes DCs among Huntress mains.

    I'll rephrase that then. In maps that don't hurt her, she's substantially better than Freddy, In her good maps (every single Azarov one) she's 100x better.

  • If you take the new Badham maps as a standard (if the redesigns go along those lines) the maps are looking good for her, at least in my experience

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623034#Comment_623034

    Long range shots help but they're not necessary on Huntress.

    People seriously underestimate her up close game and it shows.

    I'm not talking about long range shots. I'm talking about being able to throw hatchets over loops. Most maps have loops where los is blocked so you can only throw a hatchet at the pallet.

  • @PolarBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623035#Comment_623035

    I'm not talking about long range shots. I'm talking about being able to throw hatchets over loops. Most maps have loops where los is blocked so you can only throw a hatchet at the pallet.

    Throwing hatchets over loops is not as important as throwing hatchets between loops.

    And you're forgetting that short (in length), high clutter loops (which is what some of her trouble maps have) can be mindgamed by all killers, and the pallet is generally gone in less than 10 seconds too. Most killers have to get rid of pallets anyway, the difference is that she can hit survivors between tiles better than most killers.

    All we have left is L-wall T-walls (which suck for survivors), jungle gyms, long and high loops (which is what is bad for real for her) and shack (which huntress is pretty good at).

    As long as she can throw hatchets between tiles, she's fine. Seriously. Big maps are a much bigger problem for her than anything that has been mentioned in this discussion, that's what's really a problem for her.

    Once again, you're assuming we're talking about a good Huntress. If we're talking about a great Huntress, survivors are punished most times they have to leave a tile and get to another, unless we're talking about Lery's or The Game (which are her worst maps probably) or Haddonfun (which sucks for every single killer). Having to run loops that take 10 seconds to run with any killer isn't gonna ruin a character.

  • freddy is definitely good, but no way he beats billy.

    freddy's map pressure is worse than billys (mainly due to the cooldown) and his chase ability is good, but i dont think it outclasses the chainsaw - its on a very similar level though.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/623096#Comment_623096

    Throwing hatchets over loops is not as important as throwing hatchets between loops.

    And you're forgetting that short (in length), high clutter loops (which is what some of her trouble maps have) can be mindgamed by all killers, and the pallet is generally gone in less than 10 seconds too. Most killers have to get rid of pallets anyway, the difference is that she can hit survivors between tiles better than most killers.

    All we have left is L-wall T-walls (which suck for survivors), jungle gyms, long and high loops (which is what is bad for real for her) and shack (which huntress is pretty good at).

    As long as she can throw hatchets between tiles, she's fine. Seriously. Big maps are a much bigger problem for her than anything that has been mentioned in this discussion, that's what's really a problem for her.

    Once again, you're assuming we're talking about a good Huntress. If we're talking about a great Huntress, survivors are punished most times they have to leave a tile and get to another, unless we're talking about Lery's or The Game (which are her worst maps probably) or Haddonfun (which sucks for every single killer). Having to run loops that take 10 seconds to run with any killer isn't gonna ruin a character.

    A good survivor can still dodge hatchets. It is usually a 50/50 is she going to predict where I am running or is she going to predict that I'm going to double back to avoid the hatchet.

  • Probably not. Billy is very strong when properly mastered.

    Freddy has anti loop abilities and map pressure, but lacks the sheer map presence Billy has.

  • Billy doesn't have to wait on a cooldown when a match starts to use his mobility, cries in Freddy. When the survivor isn't at a loop Billy has the option to saw them down, Freddy just smacks there ass to a loop how nice of him...

    Lets take all tier list with a grain of salt lol