Soft-Camping...?
Someone purposefully stopped Struggling and let themselves die because they didn't want me to get any more kills from people coming to rescue her which is, well, fair enough. But she also called me a Soft-Camper. The hell is a Soft-Camper? Someone who checks their hooked Survivor when you lose track of someone or someone who stays by their hook when BBQ and Chili shows 0 results? I dunno. They weren't overly toxic about it so it wasn't that big of a deal, but I was just wondering if Soft-Camping is a commonly used term and it's exact definition, cuz I've never heard it before.
TL;DR
The hecking heck is a Soft-Camper
Comments
Camping is when the Killer doesn't allow for a free unhook.
Lmao, yeah.
But what the hell is Soft-Camping? That's what I'm on the hunt for. Seems to be as hidden an answer as the meaning of life.
Face camping: Standing in front of hook staring at survivor
Camping: Keeping survivor in line of sight at all times
Soft camping: Keeping in heartbeat range at all times
Hard patrolling: Dipping in and out of heartbeat range, checks surrounding area and then goes back to hook over and over again
Soft patrolling: Patrols nearby gens/objectives and hook equally
Interesting. So here's what I take away from that...
Facecamping: Camping, but there's no skill involved so please stop.
Camping: Not necessarily bad, but not the best thing to do.
Soft-Camping: That's the kind of camping I do when I do it occasionally as a strategy when exit gates are open, so I guess they weren't wrong in calling me a soft-camper, though that wasn't really what I was doing in that match.
Hard Patrolling: So... protecting a hook when you know someone is nearby.
Soft Patrolling: So just playing the game. Awesome. That's more to lines in what I was doing than Soft-Camping.
Well, thank you. Not really my place to rant out dumb terms, all I asked for was the meaning of Soft-Camping and you delivered, so again, thanks.
It's when the Killer won't allow for a free unhook, but from a distance.