Toxic Survivors Need To Be Removed...
I just recently got out of a farming match with me as killer. I figured I’d farm with everyone since the 2X BP event ends in 2 hours. I play on PS4 btw.
Before the match started, I messaged the survivors asking them if they wanted to farm and that whoever didn’t want to should leave now. However, I was only able to message 2 survivors, the other 2 had their messages off.
To shorten all this up, We were all farming points and it got to the point where I wanted 2 hooks from everyone. I started hooking people, but this one P3 Claudette couldn’t comprehend that we were farming despite all of us farming in her face. It got to the point where everyone got hooked but her. So I downed her, hooked her once, and then she automatically DC’s... and then I get this message...

Usually, when I receive hate mail from survivors, I either laugh or ignore it. but i have to admit, this irked me knowing all the school shooting that has happened this past year. I’ve been playing this game for awhile and I’ve never seen anyone say anything this horrible. The devs really need to start soft/perma banning people. They NEVER check their in-game reports and when you try to email them personally about a situation, they just have a robot tell you to use the in-game report system. I’m a survivor main and I see why killers turn off their messages now.
Comments
Unfortunately, there will always be players like this. People will always find a way to be toxic in any game that involves interacting with others.
Out of interest why did you scribble out their name
A killer threatened to ######### and snap my mothers neck. No biggie
Some guy ran head first into the killer to save his already dead SWF compatriot, got took to the basement by a camp heavy killer - I left...apparently by his post messages I was a bad person. I told him I let him die because his name was Soljaboy and he didn't deserve my time or patience then proceeded to block him.
It's against the forums rules to name someone in-game publicly, I think.
it's a shame you do that, I play SWF with my best friend and I do none of these things. Sorry we have such wanky survivors
Gotcha
Just out of curiosity, isn't farming against the games rules ? I'm sure you can report people for it ? I used to bond with survivors to get killer dailies done, but I don't do it anymore, because being banned is bad.
I do get it and I don't blame you. It's a shame others ruin it for everyone.
Who doesn't !! Amirigh?
This was stated in the original post @ZombieGenesis - did you not read man?
Okay....but I find the idea that reporting does nothing disheartening. I report people very rarely, mostly for dc stuff and that one time someone worked with the killer to kill everyone else.
Some people are just against farming... Its frustrating for sure though especially when you're trying to ensure everyone gets the most out of it. As for the salty message, don't take it too seriously... Its actually fairly tame in comparison to what typical salt gets dashed around. As for the DC after getting hooked, you can report them for That post game just as they can report others for farming. I don't think banning people needs to be the solution to this, but think there should be a better system in place to ensure that its taken notice of and if the particular conduct continues only then should any sort of ban be handed out.
How are the devs responsible for the conduct of the players?? A lack of maturity and an incessant need for attention combined with a sheer lack of common respect or consideration for others is what is responsible for the toxicity. People have to keep in mind that this is a game meant for mature audiences, and just because someone may be of a certain age doesn't mean that they are in fact mature. The game developers are just that... Developers, not baby sitters or behavioral therapists. People will be #########, things will not always turn out in your favor but you have to understand that outside of something posing a real threat, the devs focus remains more so on the actual game rather than the quarreling amongst the players. How one reacts to or feels about something is subjective, if you're easily offended or find it to be too much to handle you can always turn off messages while you play or find ways to play with people who share the same expectations as you do (SWF or KYF). I know it sucks but the blame needs to be directed at the deserving party and until people can learn how to respect others and separate real emotions from artificial situations we won't see an improvement. The solution is in having more of this community setting an example through their own behavior and the toxic ones will weed themselves out or be ignored and called out by the community
i keep trying the insane experiment over and over. they simply aren't worth playing this game against under any circumstance. i can't imagine how many non-swf people i have dodged but the only defense i have is dodging when they all load together. i have grown tired of trying to do a quick search of their followers and friends. they are awful and i would never voluntarily play them.
next time i would advise cropping the name fully out as someone could remove that if they wanted to badly enough and knew how. i only say that due to the nature of the exchange. unfortunately, many things can be culled from a photograph as such.
@PinkEricka
I can see where you feel they could be held responsible, but you have to understand for one, why its not their place to do so and secondly why it would create more issues if they were to do as you suggest.
If they were respond to every single report made with handing out bans as a way of reprimanding someone all because of what people message one another (outside of the actual threats to to physically harm someone or their family), they'd end up banning almost everyone... Because whether or not something is "abusive or offensive" is an entirely subjective matter. What may deeply offend one person may not even phase another, and people abuse the reporting tool (which they tried to improve by providing a tool that specifies the reason a report is being made to speed up the process) as a way to try to retaliate at someone (and almost always because of something ridiculous and unjustified). People make false reports all the time which is also why it takes so long to see any kind of action to said reports, think of how many they have to go through and investigate. someone being unjustly reprimanded is one of the worst things that can happen on both ends. If the community would lead by example rather than partaking in the same behavior, crying unfairness when they feel offended and then continuing the same behavior despite having endured it first hand, the problem would slowly dissipate. There are better measures they could put in place to make the whole thing less complicated and confusing but there's never a way to assure every person that they won't ever be offended, insulted, embarrassed etc. How people react to what others say is not something the devs can just program away. Its a game, its artificial reactions to artificial situations and until people can learn to better differentiate between that and real life and respond to that in an appropriate mannar, the problem will continue no matter what the devs try to put into place ya know? And truthfully, if it is something said post game thru a message, it needs to be reported to Sony which can handle it more appropriately since the "abusive conduct" occurred through THEIR system... Not through something BHVR holds rights to. If the abuse happened on on the official forum they would be held accountable if they didn't handle it accordingly. I hope I'm making sense here, I can ramble sometimes.
The community created its own reputation as being toxic in the way they chose to behave toward fellow members of the same community
@PigNRun
Let's be nice and refrain from saying things that only exacerbate the toxic rep of this community. Commenting just to say something negative about someone is irrelevant to the subject of this discussion. Keep it on topic and keep it respectful.
This was tried in another game. The good players ended up having massive queues because they were constantly blocked by salty #########.
And that's exactly the kind of feature that was abused. You are not entitled to blocking players you don't like if it means it will ruin the game for everyone.
And then we get public "block lists" where anyone who dared do anything that the Survivors didn't like is put into (without evidence, naturally; guilty before innocent is the way of witch hunts). MLGA went the same way.
"Block lists", "Blacklists", whatever you want to call them. Point is, it will lead to that, and you know it. If you don't, then you just haven't been playing long enough to remember all the times it did lead to that.
Maybe if you'd read what I'm writing you'd have an idea of what I'm on about. Do you not know what a "blacklist" is? Do you not know what "public" means?
The difference is that seeing the names beforehand is more likely to lead to public lists identifying Killers who do literally anything the Survivors don't like (like beating them) and claiming they're bad people, thus increasing their queue times. That way, if you DC too often, you get banned, like you should be.