Thoughts on these upcoming ?leaked? status effects?

Seems like we will be getting 2 more. In game screenshot of the status effect page suggests this heavily...

Saw this on reddit and booted up my ps4 to confirm. Its actually in the game like Ash/Ghost Face.

This will be a very nice stealth killer buff i'm excited for this and hope the final version is somewhat close.

IMG_20190808_200052.jpg

Hopefully oblivious wouldn't have an on-screen like the others.

Comments

  • Find Doctor and let him zap your brain. Works IRL too.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Ppl keep bringing up aura reading perks, but this might counter spinechill and premonition as well. If EW1 Myers is what they're basing this effect off of...

    Spine Chill and Premonition aren't aura reading perks, so they shouldn't be affected by this change ...

  • @Hoodied said:

    The one time I read rules something cool pops up, but its not taken down yet so most likely fake my friend, cool ideas, but fake most likely

    Its not fake its in the game i took this screenshot myself.

    Its still there even you can bring this up for yourself when you play DbD again.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    @LordGlint Except since Pigs and other "stealth" killers will know this, they will obviously use said abilities to counter those perks. Gonna kick a gen? Crouch then kick it. It doesn't take that long to crouch and you can pretty much crouch and kick the gen almost at the same time, and OoO will STILL be useless against any of these killers because it will be giving your location away for free while their location is hidden from you. Who would want a perk that would give your location away without giving you anything in return?

    Oh and GhostFace will counter Alert pretty much 100% of the time unless he's hit someone or been knocked out of stealth. And usually in those situations he's in a chase anyways.

    The perks already aren't amazing perks. They're somewhat useful, but not top tier perks or anything. This will push them down and people will pretty much run all the top tier perks all the time unless they're going with off meta builds(which probably still won't include aura reading).

    Trust me, nobody will kick gens in stealth just for the sake of Alert, because almost nobody runs Alert anyway. It's like saying killers can just moon walk to avoid Spine Chill, but no one does that because Spine Chill isn't a meta perk.

  • Devs already mentioned this on stream. So not really a leak, this was confirmed. Theyre going to do something about detection perks vs stealth killers. And as the top comment suggested, its just an indication that you went into stealth mode

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    @Orion there are 3 other survivors not likely running aura reading(and if they're running OoO you can tell). Are you saying your stealth is immediately broken because ONE survivor out of 4 knows where you are? Also, again, as I've said. If they can see you, you can see them. OoO is a perk that has as much negative impact on the survivor as it does the killer. It's a double edged sword. If they can see you on the other side of a wall, you can also see them. If killers can automatically negate a perk's effects just for existing, survivors should have similar treatment. This is like BBQ or Nurse's Calling not finding immersed Claudettes.

    @LordGlint Generally when I use Alert most is when they kick gens. They come to my gen, I hide, they kick the gen, and I can see which direction they're going so that I can go in the way they won't see me. Why would I need alert when they're breaking pallets outside of knowing they're in a chase?

    Survivors can negate BBQ by existing, aka going in lockers.

  • @Nick Its a leak because it explains in detail what they mentioned on stream. They hadn't told us how.

    Plus this obviously isn't intended to be laid out in the menu like this it doesn't even have the icons but has text there instead. 🤷‍♀️

    Thats like if a new killer is announced is it not a leak if a screenshot of it is posted? We knew it was coming right?

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @Nick Its a leak because it explains in detail what they mentioned on stream. They hadn't told us how.

    Plus this obviously isn't intended to be laid out in the menu like this it doesn't even have the icons but has text there instead. 🤷‍♀️

    Thats like if a new killer is announced is it not a leak if a screenshot of it is posted? We knew it was coming right?

    The killer itself is not a leak, but his ability, perks, outfits are.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/631901#Comment_631901

    Its not fake its in the game i took this screenshot myself.

    Its still there even you can bring this up for yourself when you play DbD again.

    That's strange, very strange

  • @LordGlint said:

    Ppl keep bringing up aura reading perks, but this might counter spinechill and premonition as well. If EW1 Myers is what they're basing this effect off of...

    God I hope not.... spinechill doesn't show the exact the location, you still need map awareness.... prettymuch still need your brain while using it

  • The undetectable one is clearly a new perk for killer

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/621076#Comment_621076

    LOL what is hypocritical? Those perks are all so meta right? They completely ruin any stealth options the killer has right? No they aren't and no they don't. They barely have an impact on the game because the aura reveal is a few seconds after a very specific trigger. I play Ghostface and have absolutely no issue with any aura perks except OOO because you can EASILY play around all of them.

    OOO is the only aura perk that is a problem because you are basically visible 100% of the time if the survivors wants. And it's a problem for all killers, not just stealth killers. The logical thing would be to just change OOO and call it a day, because that's the only perk that actually has no counter play for killers and heavily impacts games.

    You're basically asking for aura perks to be useless against stealth killers because you fail at being a good killer. It's so easy to play around all aura reveals other than OOO it's not even funny.

    To be entirely honest Object in solo play isn't too much of a problem it's in SWF where it becomes broken. Even then it's just an addition to their com system, they'd still be able to keep tabs on you 24/7


    Really the perk I dislike going against as a stealth killer is Spine-Chill. As there's no counter to it, has unlimited use without a cooldown unlike premonition, and no down-sides at all. Which is especially grievous due to the sheer amount of information it gaves the player. That said I still run it at all times when I play survivor because of those reasons. Personally I wouldn't mind it at all as long as I had some type of warning that someone or multiple people are running it so I can adjust my strategy accordingly. As currently you have no way of knowing until the game ends

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/621086#Comment_621086

    To be entirely honest Object in solo play isn't too much of a problem it's in SWF where it becomes broken. Even then it's just an addition to their com system, they'd still be able to keep tabs on you 24/7

    Really the perk I dislike going against as a stealth killer is Spine-Chill. As there's no counter to it, has unlimited use without a cooldown unlike premonition, and no down-sides at all. Which is especially grievous due to the sheer amount of information it gaves the player. That said I still run it at all times when I play survivor because of those reasons. Personally I wouldn't mind it at all as long as I had some type of warning that someone or multiple people are running it so I can adjust my strategy accordingly. As currently you have no way of knowing until the game ends

    You can counter spinechill by not staring at the gen with survivors on it as you approach.

  • Seems like Devs are pushing hard to make Killers far more stealthy than Survivors.

  • @Marcus Except that's not the survivor that existed causing this effect. The locker existing negated BBQ. If the survivor existing negated BBQ, they'd be able to do a gen as normal while it went off. This is a more comparable scenario. As for people going in stealth not to specifically negate alert, maybe not, but maybe they will. Why? Because it takes literally no time to go into stealth to kick a gen. As I said, you can practically do in one animation.

    @LordGlint It has far more use in the gen kicking scenario. You can know all those other things with more useful solo perks like Bond and Empathy imo.

    @avilmask Aura reading affects Wraith about as much as it affects Trapper. As for the others, how does aura reading make Myers or Ghostface's stalking, or Pig's RBTs harder? Also how does it ROB them of their stealth? They show up for 5 seconds max outside of OoO, which again, is a double edged sword.

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/621086#Comment_621086

    To be entirely honest Object in solo play isn't too much of a problem it's in SWF where it becomes broken. Even then it's just an addition to their com system, they'd still be able to keep tabs on you 24/7

    Really the perk I dislike going against as a stealth killer is Spine-Chill. As there's no counter to it, has unlimited use without a cooldown unlike premonition, and no down-sides at all. Which is especially grievous due to the sheer amount of information it gaves the player. That said I still run it at all times when I play survivor because of those reasons. Personally I wouldn't mind it at all as long as I had some type of warning that someone or multiple people are running it so I can adjust my strategy accordingly. As currently you have no way of knowing until the game ends

    You do have a warning (especially if you play a stealth killer), if you get to a gen and everyone has already hit the deck then you know someone has spine chill, as for a counter that also belongs exclusively to stealth killers as well. As for what it is I'm no letting the secret out since I play with Spine Chill on my survs as well lol

  • @prayer_survivor said:

    Undetectable will make Spine Chill same level as actual MoM. Another perk to the trash

    Why? It only effects aura reading spine chill isn't aura reading

1 2 3 ›