Killers’ Notified of Boil Over
I don’t think it is good to give this particular information to a Killer once they pick up a Survivor with this perk.
As a Killer it only makes me want to check around a corner for any hidden hooks. (Usually there are).
As a Killer it only makes me want to check around a corner for any hidden hooks. (Usually there are).
Comments
Yeah, it annoys me when the killer learns I picked a useless perk and handicapped myself!
They can still carry you to a hook they can see. Boil Over is really a useless perk.
They never are.. especially with most killers running Iron Grip. Getting across the map with a survivor is a cake walk.
(I use No Mither to get back up if a Killer knows they can’t hook me
Yes its not a good idea, just like the hex notifications are a horrible idea. Still they are in the game and I have no idea why, there is literally no reason other than providing an easy mode for streamers who look at the chat half of the game
Most notifications in the game shouldn't be shown. I'm not even sure the HUD should be a thing in the first place.
That would just increase the gap between solo survivors and swf parties.
As Killers would probably not go for a hook scope out before picking up a boil over person and huntress lullaby wouldn't get immediately destroyed before it gets any decent stack on it both of these perks should be up to the player to figure out if the person has it for themselves.
Remember boil over effects are minimal and huntress lullaby doesn't become in any way shape or form threatening until it hits five stacks and at that stage if you don't notice that huntress lullaby is on that's kind of your prerogative.
What annoys me most of that notification isn't the notification, but that it sometimes stays there the whole match. Come on, fix that bug.
As well as giving the survivors a notification, that killer has NOED, when he hits you with hatchet, or chainsaw, but oh well, whis has been in the game from the beginning and they do not want to fix it.
Sometimes, I worry if it was a chainsaw hit or not- but then afterward (once I leave them for dead) I’ll remember, “oh wait! The Entity would’ve told me “The Killer is DANGEROUS stay away”. (By means of notification)
It's been pretty obvious when a survivor is using this perk even if I don't look at the corner of the screen. I can compensate without use of countering perks just by steering opposite to the force of their struggling.
The cake is a lie (c)
because you think they won't notice that there no hook aura visible if he isn't notified that the survivor is running it?
I absolutely believe Killers won’t be looking for a hook that they can’t see with their own eyes (or an aura of one). I myself as a seasoned veteran... sadly sometimes find myself depending on generator sounds to tell if a Survivor is working on it.
Sometimes, we cut corners and may rely on the same tactics or even auras.
Iron Grasp is a meme. Don't act like it's a god tier perk
So you think that the killer should get NO notifications?
But survivor get notifications about EVERYTHING.
Exposed, blind... hell, they even get a notification which "hidden hex" is affecting them.
But a notification for boil over is to much.
facepalm
Exposed is kind of a necessary notification so I don't have too much of a problem with that.
Blindness it's debatable but I can see why they shouldn't be shown a notification for it should be something to figure out by themselves.
Huntress lullaby: I personally feel like should not show notification at all that is one of the perks I feel like you have to notice it by yourself.
We should never increase gap between solo or SWF, in that case; make lullaby not alert at 1 stack, you notice when it actually has an effect... not using psychic mind powers. Make killers loadout invisible until match ends. Not just lullaby, but make ANY hex not detectable until it actually has an effect. Third seal should only alert once aura is blocked, so if you have aura perks, you instantly know, but if you don’t, you gotta wait till a down/hook. NOED in killer POWERS, not weapon, same thing, no effect, yet revealed.
Just further stating my opinion, and about the topic in general. I know you mentioned lullaby too
Getting the exposed notification is the WORST of all notifications.
Why do you see that as "necessary"?
It is meant to be a jump scare. And if you ain't oblivious towards your team icons, you will notice it anyway.
It's only spoon feeding the ######### that did not deserve it anyway.
And I am talking about EVERY one hit down mechanic.
I've had people and Both survivor and killer side that have refused to do anything other than hide or sneak around until the time has gone especially considering that means there's one less person working on generators for them in one minute and like it or not it's fair to let the survivors know so they can plan accordingly.
if you were just talking about something like no one escapes death devour hope or Michael I would completely agree with you as it doesn't take a genius to know notice.
And I disagree. The exposed notification should completely go away.
If you find it a good thing that people play "scared" until their timer runs out, imagine ALL survivor playing "scared" after an unhook, because they have MYC to expect.
Secondly trust me a flashing symbol is a lot more of a fear inducer than the potential that are relatively average perk is equipped.
Lastly once again counterplay is a thing that's needed yet I personally don't agree with every notification that the survivors get for example huntress lullaby doesn't need a notification personally I feel like the same thing goes for Thanatophobia but that's just me because those are things can be noticed without putting yourself in danger but exposure is a very dangerous status and there needs to be some counterplay around it which I don't get why you're so against it because the counter play for make your choice tends the benefit the killer more than anything else.
Survivors get quite a bit of information- due to SWF balancing possibly? But still, I personally don’t like be (as survivor) notified of Killer perks/status’. It messes with my immersion.