Literally can't snap out of it

The option for snapping out of it is bug, I'm practically useless in this match, and my teammates are probably wondering what the **** I'm doing

20190807_193607.jpg

And yes I am standing still if you're wondering, good job Behavior, fixing bugs to create another game breaking bug

Comments

  • @Ceiling_Entity said:

    Before you get caustic; that's how bugs work.

    You fix one thing, then realize your fix broke something else.

    It's the joy of code.

    But with behavior they take it to the next level, because not only could I not snap out of it, but I could not wiggle as well, and I know damn well that the doctor's ability does not do that

  • @Ceiling_Entity said:

    Not to mention, since Snap Out Of It is not COMPLETELY broken, it's hard to find what did it, or know it would happen before it happens.

    Broken code, on it's own, is somewhat easy to find when it's completely broken.

    When something breaks because the stars aligned & you hit Insanity 3 while sprint-vaulting on a specific map, or because you got hit on the same frame you hit insanity 3, or something else altogether..

    ..Well..That's just not possible to find before it happens.

    Why do you think games do open beta? You can have the best bugtesters in the world, but no one can think of every thing that could break. 5,000 people at their keyboards just playing could stumble into bugs that no bug tester would find.

    The same goes for completed games.

    No game will ever, EVER be without bugs. And no bugfix will EVER remove all bugs.

    Also the bug just happened when he got me to tier 3, that's it nothing special just when I hit tier 3 is when it happens

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619163#Comment_619163

    Also the bug just happened when he got me to tier 3, that's it nothing special just when I hit tier 3 is when it happens

    It might seem like that's the only thing that affected it but more likely than not it's a collection of factors. Just file a bug report and move on.

  • @Ceiling_Entity @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky

    So this is a known bug. If you check the 3.1.2 patch notes the devs do state they know it exists and are working to fix it. It is a bug that does not allow you to interact with yourself. You cannot self heal, wiggle, attempt escape or anything like that. You also cannot escape out the exit gates. You will be stuck in the game. However you can interact with other items such as hooked survivors and generators. Unfortunately for you, this happened against a Doctor which pretty much did not allow you to do anything. They know about it, but don't know what is causing it.

  • and the same bug that doesn't let you wiggle, makes it so that you can't leave the gate. so the stars wouldve aligned 3 times