Killer Category

After thinking long and hard about the variety of killers we have. I've decided to make a category filter to see which killer fits which category. Or at least the ones I made on this list. Keep in mind, some killers can fit multiple categories mentioned here. With that being said, I did the science and determined that killers can fit to one of these five categories. These categories are...

"Movement"

Having a power that gets you from point A to point B.

"Range"

Having a power that requires some form of aim.

"Stealth"

Being able to hide yourself.

"One Hit"

An Instadown

"Traps"

Placing something down to help you out.


Now I'll place the killers in the order of the list you see here. So in the movement category we have...

Legion

Hillbilly

Nurse

Spirit

The New and Improved Freddy (Yes I'm going to call him that for now on)

Hag


In the Range category we have...

Nurse (A second time)

Clown

Plague

Huntress

Doctor


In stealth we have

Wraith

Pig

Myers

Ghost Face


In one Hit we have...

Leatherface

Hillbilly

Myers

Ghost Face


And finally in traps we have...

Trapper (Obviously)

The New and Improved Freddy

Hag


With this sets all the current killers that fit the category I mentioned. Did I missed any killer? Do you have questions or doubts on which killers should be moved or changed? Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you.


With love, DoomOrb

Comments

  • honestly, id make it easier:

    "Hunters" - killers whose strength lies at chasing survivors

    • Hillbilly
    • Nurse
    • Huntress
    • Shape
    • Nightmare
    • Clown
    • Spirit
    • Plague

    "Trackers" - killers whose strength lies at tracking / finding survivors

    • Wraith
    • Shape (tier 1)
    • Doctor
    • Ghostface (uncertain about his placement, but his power seems to have more tracking tools that hunting tools, so...)

    "Defenders" - killers whose strength lies at defending one area

    • Trapper
    • Hag
    • Cannibal

    "Game Slowers" - killers whose strength lies at buying time and stalling the game

    • Pig
    • Legion


    the significant part is, that Hunters are strong at hunting, but bad at tracking. Trackers are strong at tracking, but bad at hunting and Defenders are strong at hunting AND tracking in one area, but weak at both outside the area.

    the "Game Slowers" are rather new, but they have bad hunting and tracking, therefore they get longer matches.

    PS: "bad" in those cases means average. a hunter can still be good at tracking, its just that a tracker will have a much easier time.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    honestly, id make it easier:

    "Hunters" - killers whose strength lies at chasing survivors

    • Hillbilly
    • Nurse
    • Huntress
    • Shape
    • Nightmare
    • Clown
    • Spirit
    • Plague

    "Trackers" - killers whose strength lies at tracking / finding survivors

    • Wraith
    • Shape (tier 1)
    • Doctor
    • Ghostface (uncertain about his placement, but his power seems to have more tracking tools that hunting tools, so...)

    "Defenders" - killers whose strength lies at defending one area

    • Trapper
    • Hag
    • Cannibal

    "Game Slowers" - killers whose strength lies at buying time and stalling the game

    • Pig
    • Legion

    the significant part is, that Hunters are strong at hunting, but bad at tracking. Trackers are strong at tracking, but bad at hunting and Defenders are strong at hunting AND tracking in one area, but weak at both outside the area.

    the "Game Slowers" are rather new, but they have bad hunting and tracking, therefore they get longer matches.

    PS: "bad" in those cases means average. a hunter can still be good at tracking, its just that a tracker will have a much easier time.

    A nice format. I like it, but I don't think Leatherdace would fit in defender.

  • @DoomOrb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619304#Comment_619304

    A nice format. I like it, but I don't think Leatherdace would fit in defender.

    Basement****

  • Let's not go into insidious camping territory. Even I don't like doing that basement build and I play a lot of killer.


    But then again is just me because I like getting momentum when I hook someone. Camping is just super boring and is certainly not fun for the survivor either.

  • @DoomOrb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619328#Comment_619328

    Let's not go into insidious camping territory. Even I don't like doing that basement build and I play a lot of killer.

    But then again is just me because I like getting momentum when I hook someone. Camping is just super boring and is certainly not fun for the survivor either.

    Yeah, camping sucks. :( Also tunneling.

    Gen rushing sucks as killer too. If these three things could be fix, we could have a less salty community and every can be happier.

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619337#Comment_619337

    Yeah, camping sucks. :( Also tunneling.

    Gen rushing sucks as killer too. If these three things could be fix, we could have a less salty community and every can be happier.

    I'm currently satisfied with the current state of the game. Sure I wouldn't say is 100% perfect, but is enough for me to enjoy the game as killer and survivor. Now in days the only thing I'm ever salty about is me getting survivors who can't work threw ruin.

  • @DoomOrb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619345#Comment_619345

    I'm currently satisfied with the current state of the game. Sure I wouldn't say is 100% perfect, but is enough for me to enjoy the game as killer and survivor. Now in days the only thing I'm ever salty about is me getting survivors who can't work threw ruin.

    The only thing I get salty over is Lery’s or the cornfield as nurse, nothing else bothers me though. :)

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619377#Comment_619377

    The only thing I get salty over is Lery’s or the cornfield as nurse, nothing else bothers me though. :)

    The game is almost reaching 100% satisfaction as all things should be.

  • I only get salty over when I am left to die on first hook (even with kindred) or killer spares the last survivor who literally did nothing the whole match.

  • @DoomOrb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619304#Comment_619304

    A nice format. I like it, but I don't think Leatherdace would fit in defender.

    well, looking at his power closer we would have a problem then:

    he has no tracking tools, he is very bad at hunting and he has nothing to slow down the game with.

    his one and only strength lies in , like @Ember_Hunter said, defending his hooks.

    insidious camping is not necessary to use his power, yet its the most effective way.

    his chainsaw is designed to be slow and hit multiple targets - where could you better use that then when someone is unhooking someone else? you can literally get 2 hooks out of one with him, no one else can do that as effectively as he can.

    thats why i put him into the Defender category, as he is best suited to defend his prey and not let them go.


    yeah, he is literally designed to be camping a hook. as much as it hurts to say this, thats sadly the truth. nothing is as scary as bubbas basement...

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619321#Comment_619321

    well, looking at his power closer we would have a problem then:

    he has no tracking tools, he is very bad at hunting and he has nothing to slow down the game with.

    his one and only strength lies in , like @Ember_Hunter said, defending his hooks.

    insidious camping is not necessary to use his power, yet its the most effective way.

    his chainsaw is designed to be slow and hit multiple targets - where could you better use that then when someone is unhooking someone else? you can literally get 2 hooks out of one with him, no one else can do that as effectively as he can.

    thats why i put him into the Defender category, as he is best suited to defend his prey and not let them go.

    yeah, he is literally designed to be camping a hook. as much as it hurts to say this, thats sadly the truth. nothing is as scary as bubbas basement...

    Then let's just agree Leatherface fits no category, because if we're going to go on an area. Let's just add the one rule where the area must contain gens.

  • @DoomOrb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619986#Comment_619986

    Then let's just agree Leatherface fits no category, because if we're going to go on an area. Let's just add the one rule where the area must contain gens.

    well, i get that you dislike camping, i do too, but that doesnt justify throwing him out of his cathegory, just because he is a camper by design.

    the "area" defenders defend has no rules to it - trapper and hag both have different areas to defend aswell, its just that bubba has the smallest one.

    the wording might have not been the best in my previous post, but defenders are killers that defend something - that is an area with gens, pallets hooks, etc. in bubbas case it would literally just be the hook.

    you cant deny that he is ment to be played on the defense, thats literally all his power can.

  • @Mister_xD his power actually works really well at certain loops. :)

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/620115#Comment_620115

    well, i get that you dislike camping, i do too, but that doesnt justify throwing him out of his cathegory, just because he is a camper by design.

    the "area" defenders defend has no rules to it - trapper and hag both have different areas to defend aswell, its just that bubba has the smallest one.

    the wording might have not been the best in my previous post, but defenders are killers that defend something - that is an area with gens, pallets hooks, etc. in bubbas case it would literally just be the hook.

    you cant deny that he is ment to be played on the defense, thats literally all his power can.

    Maybe, but I'm just going to stick on him being a special potato. Since I'm not really going to give recognition to a killer who's soul purpose is to camp. Hate playing him, and against him.