A potential change for D-Strike that may make it stronger, but fair

So, I refuse to tunnel as killer because I know how obnoxious it is for survivors to deal with it, and at most, I will slug the person to avoid getting DS'd but to also give them a chance to get brought back up. This also wastes at least two people's time. But one thing I've noticed is that the 1 minute timer is actually very long, and every time I've been DS'd it's not even from me tunneling.


I've had games where I hook someone, walk away towards a new target, get a gen kick in, down a new survivor, first hooked survivor gets healed up, then I run into that first survivor again, down them in Tier 3 and get DS'd. And that to me feels pretty lame because I wasn't even remotely tunneling. So this is essentially punishing me for just so happening to down a guy that bumped into me again.


I do NOT want DS nerfed, and I really like the new design; I run it on all of my survivors. But I would love to see the timer reduced to 30 seconds BUT the timer pauses if you're in chase and within the killer's terror radius. So now if you get slugged but the killer camps your body, DS is not going away. Additionally, if you get tunneled off hook and manage to run the killer for a long time, you're not constantly checking on the DS timer and now know it will not run out, so no more locker grabs to proc it. This change would also not punish killers who just so happen to down a survivor again who still has the 1 minute timer active. This, in theory, makes DS an even stronger anti-tunneling perk. Thoughts?


TL;DR - The 1 minute timer on DS is so long, that non-tunneling killers will sometimes take a DS hit despite having done a bunch of stuff within that time. If the timer was shortened to 30 seconds, but paused during chases and within the killer's terror radius, it now gains more value to combat against actual tunneling. This also allows the survivor to commit to longer chases with DS ready.

Comments

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618175#Comment_618175

    My suggestion was what are your thoughts?:

    Here is how I think DS should be handled.

    Now let's discuss tunneling:

    You go after the person that just got off the hook to down them again.

    Now what I suggest is a buff/nerf to the perk accordingly. You still have a minute timer: However, if you are downed within that minute DS is active. This is nullified if a survivor is hooked prior to you being downed. This prevents the Abuse of DS on the survivor side. It also prevents the Abuse of Slugging for a minute on the Killer side. You either get away untunneled or you don't and get DS. There is no longer an immunity since you can down the rescuer and then hook them find the DS user and down them and hook. Again they had the chance to GTFO from the situation.


    So same idea just add a timer which literally is basically the same? Well I guess the biggest issue is being slugged and left down so I wouldn't mind, but I have seen killers literally follow a person for 60 seconds and on the 61 second just hit them. That's why I said inf time till another person is hooked.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618182#Comment_618182

    So same idea just add a timer which literally is basically the same? Well I guess the biggest issue is being slugged and left down so I wouldn't mind, but I have seen killers literally follow a person for 60 seconds and on the 61 second just hit them. That's why I said inf time till another person is hooked.

    It is a simpler change than the redesign of having no timer. However, having infinite immunity is also kinda iffy to me. It is two extra checks which break the abuse. I mean I can see if you are being chased for the minute. However, you at least got to loop the killer more. Which then depending on getaway skill and pallets you can punish them yourself.

  • Chase and terror radius mechanics can be abused. Why not make it so that the DS gets deactivated when another surv gets downed + hooked after the DS user got unhooked?

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618191#Comment_618191

    It is a simpler change than the redesign of having no timer. However, having infinite immunity is also kinda iffy to me. It is two extra checks which break the abuse. I mean I can see if you are being chased for the minute. However, you at least got to loop the killer more. Which then depending on getaway skill and pallets you can punish them yourself.


    If your still being chased its tunneling and you know it though and they know it. I suggested it in a way that fully punishes tunneling, but if you dont tunnel then its its truely a wasted perk. This just come from my feelings as a person who plays both sides though I enjoy killer more then survivor nowadays. I wouldn't mind if it was like Deep Wounds, RBT in the fact if you were in a chase/Terror Radius the time wouldn't decrease.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Chase and terror radius mechanics can be abused. Why not make it so that the DS gets deactivated when another surv gets downed + hooked after the DS user got unhooked?


    That's what I basically suggested. Except it works for both hooks in case of tunneling.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618216#Comment_618216

    That's what I basically suggested. Except it works for both hooks in case of tunneling.

    It's not tunneling to chase the same survivor twice and you know it. What if it's the only visible survivor? What if it's the end game? What if the killer was unable to hook anyone, but still chased other survivors?

    DS works for its intended purpose, for the most part. The only thing that needs to change is the fact that it remains active even if the killer has hooked someone else.

  • @My_Farewell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/617579#Comment_617579

    Now this is a pretty biased comment.

    Jumping into a locker is a smart and legit tactic. If you don't want to eat that DS then wait for it to go off.

    If you still think it's a cheap tactic... Where were you when killers used to juggle survivors to avoid the old DS?

    Lol what? You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m biased for trying to stop a perk from being heavily abused?

    Jumping into a locker with DS just reverts all of the changes made to it. You cannot avoid it unless you leave the Survivor, which is one of the reasons why it was reworked. That’s why Killers juggled. It was our best way of avoiding the perk. If you jump into a locker when the Killer can see or hear you or will get there before Head On can activate, then you deserve to get hooked or moried. DS should not be the 100% guaranteed hook immunity perk that Survivor mains like to think of it as. It’ll be much healthier perk if it was anti-tunnel.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618029#Comment_618029

    Lol what? You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m biased for trying to stop a perk from being heavily abused?

    Jumping into a locker with DS just reverts all of the changes made to it. You cannot avoid it unless you leave the Survivor, which is one of the reasons why it was reworked. That’s why Killers juggled. It was our best way of avoiding the perk. If you jump into a locker when the Killer can see or hear you or will get there before Head On can activate, then you deserve to get hooked or moried. DS should not be the 100% guaranteed hook immunity perk that Survivor mains like to think of it as. It’ll be much healthier perk if it was anti-tunnel.

    Yeah i get it. You support tactics which only benefit the killers.

  • @My_Farewell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618740#Comment_618740

    Yeah i get it. You support tactics which only benefit the killers.

    Lol this thread is just trying to improve the game’s health. Do you not want a healthier game because you wouldn’t be able to abuse a perk in your favor? Or did you just run out of arguments and resort to “hurr durr Killer main”?

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618778#Comment_618778

    Lol I’m just trying to improve the game’s health. Do you not want a healthier game because you wouldn’t be able to abuse a perk in your favor? Or did you just run out of arguments and resort to “hurr durr Killer main”?

    "i'm just trying to improve the game's health.." yeah right xD

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618246#Comment_618246

    It's not tunneling to chase the same survivor twice and you know it. What if it's the only visible survivor? What if it's the end game? What if the killer was unable to hook anyone, but still chased other survivors?

    DS works for its intended purpose, for the most part. The only thing that needs to change is the fact that it remains active even if the killer has hooked someone else.


    Tunneling is a overly broad term I specifically mean the tunneling that is the moment that you unhook them they proceeded to go for them and not anyone else. The tunneling that actually is tunneling not the overly used term.

    I do agree once someone is hooked it should be deactivated.

1 2 ›