How much control and influence do the Fog Whisperers have?

I have always wondered, do the Fog Whisperers have a lot of control in the Dead by Daylight Community? I know that most of them have a negative reputation, but do people view them as the role models? Just a little concerned because I saw a Reddit post saying that a Fog Whisperer is encouraging disconnecting in-game. I know there are good Fog Whisperers though. How does the procedure and requirements work to become one? Does it just require just a certain follower amount on Twitch and earn respect of the devs? Just some questions I have been wondering about.

Comments

  • None.

    They're there for PR purposes.

    Edit: The devs just picked people. The criteria for their choices were never revealed, but the vast majority are primarily Twitch streamers.

    Streamers with visibility that allows for quick dissemination of content and information to their viewers.

    Fog whisperers are basically commercials.

  • Free auric cells to play new outfits so followers buy those.


    Its kind of being an ambassador for a brand.

  • Pretty much none.

  • @Ember_Hunter

    I have also heard that some streamers, maybe Fog Whisperes encourage their followers to dc. If that is true, bhvr should use the opportunity and make an example on the ones, who have done that, with a banhammer.

    I don't know if some people see them as role models, but after my experience, some people believe everything they say. That is at the end, the same in my eyes.

    I watch by myself many YouTubers and sometimes streams, but if I am really interested in something, I search by myself for more informations about what they have talk and don't stop, just because they tryd to build facts in their streams with their opinions.

  • @Talmeer said:

    @Ember_Hunter

    I have also heard that some streamers, maybe Fog Whisperes encourage their followers to dc. If that is true, bhvr should use the opportunity and make an example on the ones, who have done that, with a banhammer.

    I don't know if some people see them as role models, but after my experience, some people believe everything they say. That is at the end, the same in my eyes.

    I watch by myself many YouTubers and sometimes streams, but if I am really interested in something, I search by myself for more informations about what they have talk and don't stop, just because they tryd to build facts in their streams with their opinions.

    you know how many times ive seen someone post "Hey so and so is promoting something toxic or bad for DBD" and every time it's the same thing that happens.

    Nothing.

    The devs give no ######### about what the FW do , move on.