Is a Feng Min Perks (along with Spine Chill) build good?

Hey guys, title basically says it all.

Is a Feng Min perk build (Technician, Lithe, and Alert) good? I also use Spine Chill, if that's a good fourth perk.

Comments

  • Technician is kind of useless. Alert and Lithe are both really good perks though, as killers generally break things/regress generators so you can get an idea of where they're headed after doing that. Lithe is a really good exhaustion perk as well. Spine chill is pretty useful also. My Lithe build right now is Lithe, Alert, Quick and Quiet(Meg teachable), and Windows of Opportunity(Kate teachable). Quick and Quiet works amazingly well with Lithe. I want to swap Windows of Opportunity or Alert with Dance With Me once I get it, but I don't own Kate right now, only got Windows out of the shrine.

  • Feng Min is the best character for beginners. All 3 of her perks include what a beginner needs in their first few matches. A exhaustion perk that is simple to use and is able to be controlled, A map awareness perk that helps you safely perform actions without worry, and A stealthy perk that helps avoid being detected by the killer.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    Technician is kind of useless. Alert and Lithe are both really good perks though, as killers generally break things/regress generators so you can get an idea of where they're headed after doing that. Lithe is a really good exhaustion perk as well. Spine chill is pretty useful also. My Lithe build right now is Lithe, Alert, Quick and Quiet(Meg teachable), and Windows of Opportunity(Kate teachable). Quick and Quiet works amazingly well with Lithe. I want to swap Windows of Opportunity or Alert with Dance With Me once I get it, but I don't own Kate right now, only got Windows out of the shrine.

    Yeah, I really like Technician though. I think I'll try out Quick and Quiet though. I have Meg leveled up

  • @Meenit Get Dance With Me and you can do amazing stuff with windows. Vault a window, get Lithe activated, then your scratch marks also disappear AND if they didn't see you vault it, they'd never know you even did because of Quick and Quiet. Then you can find a place to hide and the killer will likely not find you.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    @Meenit Get Dance With Me and you can do amazing stuff with windows. Vault a window, get Lithe activated, then your scratch marks also disappear AND if they didn't see you vault it, they'd never know you even did because of Quick and Quiet. Then you can find a place to hide and the killer will likely not find you.

    Alright, until then I will keep using Technician cause now that I think about it, it isn't horrible its actually saved me many times.

  • Well, here's my thoughts:

    Technician: Kind of Meh, however, it's great for repairing gens solo since the audio you produce is quieted. Killer's can't hear you working on a gen with progress more than 50% unless they get real close. That part alone makes it worth it. You aren't taking this to fail skill checks, that's for certain.

    Lithe: Good if used correctly. Can be a waste of a slot if you get a bad map or the killer has traps or bamboozle.

    Alert: This is critically underrated. It tells you when the killer's in a chase, or at a gen. I love it, personally.

    Spine Chill: A good perk for those who can use the info from it.

    A decent build, but not the strongest. You don't have any way to heal yourself, or any way to stop tunneling... but you are able to get away quickly if you can take advantage of Lithe.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    Technician is kind of useless. Alert and Lithe are both really good perks though, as killers generally break things/regress generators so you can get an idea of where they're headed after doing that. Lithe is a really good exhaustion perk as well. Spine chill is pretty useful also. My Lithe build right now is Lithe, Alert, Quick and Quiet(Meg teachable), and Windows of Opportunity(Kate teachable). Quick and Quiet works amazingly well with Lithe. I want to swap Windows of Opportunity or Alert with Dance With Me once I get it, but I don't own Kate right now, only got Windows out of the shrine.

    Technician's secondary effect is underrated. If you're soloing a gen, and they come by when it's almost done, they won't know if you're working unless they get really close.

  • @Raven014 But it only masks the working noise, not the generator's noise, right? A killer's gonna generally kick a gen that's been worked on, then look around.

  • Alert is a perk that:

    • Shows you where the killer is and what they're doing and usually where they're going
    • ...for 5 full seconds
    • ...map-wide
    • ...with no cooldown whatsoever
    • ...every time the killer does a common action, which happens several times in every single match.

    It is a super-good and undervalued perk that tells you, with 100% perfect information, what areas are safe at that moment. Equip it, tap every gen you see, and enjoy awesome regular broadcasts of the killer's intentions.

  • Spine Chill is kind of like how Whispers is for killers, it is hard to get used to at the start, but once you learn how to use it, it is incredibly good.

    I liked Technician too, but was disappointed it just affects the noise you make repairing a gen, not the noises the gen makes itself. It doesn't even do that well - look up PainReliever's technician sound comparison on youtube. The 50% insurance against a gen blown is also nice, but 50% is still pretty low, the perk is pretty worthless unfortunately. It should be buffed to be a decent counter to the latest Surveillance.

    Alert is pretty good with the last buff it got. Killers are always breaking pallets and kicking generators. Can give you an idea of where bad areas to avoid are - since the pallets were broken.

    Lithe is okay but barely. It's one of my least favorite exhaustion perks - mainly because when it triggers you are often either in a loop or mind gaming the killer and have to wait to see where they commit, thus wasting the speed boost.

  • honest opinion.

    technician is garbage

    lithe is a good exhaustion perk

    alert is an ok perk but totally skippable if you have game awareness.

    spine chill is a good perk especially for a bit more immersed playstyle. Works especially well against spirit nurse billy and gf

  • Alert's a free one sided object of obsession with no downsides honestly one of the best perks in the game to me considering the sheer value of information you can get for free

  • When I was new to the game, I thought Feng's perks were definitely the most helpful and recommend her to any friends that start the game. Once you feel more confident you can try out other perks, but yes, I think it's a good build.