Is The New Decisive Strike OverPowered?

I think before we can decide whether or not the new DS is overpowered we should look at what exactly the perk does, what it was meant to do, how well it is doing it and what might be some of the other reasons that people upset with it outside of just the perk being OP. Here's my breakdown of all of that but I'd love to hear your thoughts about whether or not the new DS should be changed.

What Is The Current DS Suppose To Do?

The New DS is Designed to prevent or deincentivize the killer from tunneling a player who was recently unhooked.

How Well is it doing that?

Currently extremely well, according to some people almost to well.

Is There Punishment for Misusing it?

To be honest, not really. considering that you have to be hooked in order for the perk even activate it's really hard to justify having a punishment for misusing it are even be able to misuse it really. That being said it's not impossible.

Is there counterplay To It?

There is some counter play today but generally that comes in the form of just slugging the survivor if you believe that they have decisive strike. It doesn't really remove them from the game but it does slow them down and prevent them from interacting with anything and force another player to have to save them as opposed to just them getting away for free.ultimately although there's counterplay to having to eat the stun there's nothing preventing the perk from doing its job which is forcing you to either wait or interact with other players rather than interact with the person who has DS.

What is the real thing people are having an issue with "In My Opinion?"

IMO the real issue Killers are having is not with DS itself but with the combo’s being run with DS. DS/Deliverance, DS/Unbreakable, DS/BT, and DS/Adrenaline, getting hit with 2 or more of these back to back and be really disheartening for a killer, and earth shattering, in terms of game play momentum, it could easily turn what might be a 4k into a 4 escape. That being said, the devs are intentionally designing these perks to be used together, whether it is these DS combos, Window of Opportunity/dance with me, iron will/calm spirit No Mither/Deadhard, Unbreakable/Tenacity, THEY WANT THESE PERKS TO BE USED TOGETHER!

A Second Opinion!

SO I talked to my friend who is mostly a Killer main to get his opinion on the matter and his take was this ...

“I disagree overall, at low level play it does its job, But at high level its used to harass killers. I’ve been playing Red ranks Ghostface for like two weeks this, literally only ghost face! Someone gets unhooked, they get BT, then they try to soak hits for their rescuer, then use their D strike, then their exhaustion, then their instaheals, and it’s just GG form there! Not to mention you have <Insert Popular Streamer here> running around telling everyone how fun it is to 14 second stun killers. All it takes is 2 or more people to coordinate at a high level. Its not at all people getting tunneled, its using DS to be in positions you shouldn’t be. Doing gens in the open, following the killer! High level DS use is just baiting the killer to waste their time. It is not a tool that balances the game. but that Because of the combos you talked about earlier.”

I think it was good to hear from the other side on this, but I would also love to hear from you guys here too. What do you think is the New DS OP or is it just where it should be?

TLDR: Peep the video for that https://youtu.be/gyUypVis9Vw

https://youtu.be/gyUypVis9Vw


Comments

  • @CoffengMin said:

    new ds is fine, just dont tunnel, its barely ever useful whenever you dont tunnel

    So if I run across the map and hear or see you jump into a locker after being unhooked, I should just let you be and ignore the free hook? That’s not tunneling. That’s just you expecting to not be punished for making a mistake.

  • Overpowered ? I don't know but I think doing some actions should automatically nullify it.

    Things like unhooking people or jumping in the locker that removes counterplay from killer side.

  • As a wraith main and as someone who has to work for his kills and map pressure.

    I feel currently ds is ok.

    Unsafe unhooks on the otherhand...

    Needs a survivor punishment for farming people

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/608821#Comment_608821

    So if I run across the map and hear or see you jump into a locker after being unhooked, I should just let you be and ignore the free hook? That’s not tunneling. That’s just you expecting to not be punished for making a mistake.

    actually i use head on with Q&Q so that wont happen, however you should see trough that and just wait if ds bother you

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/608821#Comment_608821

    Except in the endgame, which high ranking survivors save it for >_>

    tunneling is never good at any point imo its a bit more justified in endgame but still, you shouldnt do it if ds bothers you, just camp instead and hook the unhooker

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/607822#Comment_607822

    I actually didn't think of that. Plus, MYC gives yet another reason not to tunnel.

    Yeah, I use it on my Nurse sometimes because survivors try to bait me into picking them up - knowing they are safe.

  • There have been a few times when D-Strike has ruined a game for me personally. The Exit was open and no one was dead, the team got their buddy off the hook and I of course tunneled him/her I don't remember and bam, D-Strike. Everyone got out because of that and it was a good play because I forgot about DS tbh.

    D-Strike can be a weapon just like Head-On but with DS you have to fall for it. If someone jumps into a locker after getting unhooked then they are either faking they have DS or they have it. I will personally take the DS if it is not the Endgame, I will take it so I don't need to deal with it later and I think that's the right choice depending on how the match is going so far.

    But overall I think D-Strike is only powerful in the Endgame and if you have good runners and they use it to screw you over but that can only happen if you as the Killer will fall for their play.

  • And the unhooked is in turn unhooked by the impervious DS user.

    @_@

  • From my perspective: As a killer:

    General Purpose - Being an Anti-Tunnel perk: No, it does not do its job if I can just slug you on the ground until the minute is up. This gave you no chance to get away from the hook which is indeed tunneling. Just in a different way.

    Misuse: Yes, very many ways this is getting abused. Unhooking someone with DS active doesn't nullify your ds so since the killer opted not to tunnel they get hit with DS anyway. The locker jump in so it forces a grab animation so you get the DS immunity. Staying on gen making plays you wouldn't make otherwise since you have your glowing minute immunity.

    Personally if you are downed within that minute or picked up in an animation within that minute it should count. However, if the killer has hooked another survivor prior to you being downed it should be nullified. Reward skillful and fair plays. Again with how it is misused you might as well just eat it.

  • Can we just stop already? DS got nerfed hard and is fine now. We whine about everything survivors get. Heck, one post in here is whining about Balanced Landing?!?!

    DS does absolutely nothing if you don't tunnel. If you slug when tunneling, you risk pressure, but tunneling loses pressure anyways. End game DS is so minuscule it barely warrants mentioning. I've been hit by 2 DS since the nerf and I run more than 20 killer matches a week. One of them was at open gates. No biggie, next match please.

    I swear half of you want to start the match with everyone in injured state and death timers running.

  • Definitely not overpowered

  • I think the annoying part to be honest is the ability for Survivors to just force a grab fr you to use it.


    Hiding in lockers intentionally, just to ensure using it, that's really annoying.

1 2 ›