Disconnecting on Console
Recently, as I've been climbing into the red ranks, I have noticed a lot of people disconnecting in the loading screen on console. Apparently, it's called "dashboarding" where they go to their console dashboard during the loading screen and close the application.
They only do this when the Killer brings an offering, such as: Survivor Pudding, any other BP offering that isn't BNP or a cake and ANY secret offering. I can screenshot some messages where they clearly state they will never be punished for it because, "We don't disconnect enough to alert the system and they don't care about console." I've had plenty of arguments with these people and I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or if anyone can confirm what they are saying. Thanks!
Comments
He mentions they escaped/were escaping
Moris and keys are extremely stupid add-ons and offerings. Being facecamped and tunneled because the killer is extremely sweaty is not fun. If somebody DC’s in the loading screen oh well...you’ll find another match. The match hasn’t started and you won’t lose any items or offerings.
Don’t be butthurt if somebody DC’ed because you brought in a mori. A lot of the playerbase have terrible rounds with moris. They’ll just kill themselves on the first hook anyways.
I can’t deny that keys are also idiotic though.
Doesn't matter. You still broke the rules.
And some people really don’t care about the rules. As long as there is no punishment for DC’s then it’ll continue to happen so you’re just gonna have to deal with it until dedicated servers are released.
The fact that you show no empathy to the fact that it is humans playing the game and only playing to have fun is really sad to be honest.
You aren’t going against AI. We are all playing to have fun and some things like moris, Iridescent Head, Prayer Beads, and five blinks are extremely unfun to play against so don’t be shocked when people either DC or kill themselves.
Killer at red ranks is extremely unfun. Do you think Survivors care how I feel when they run insta heals and BNP? Your argument is like saying, oh well, the door the car was open and nobody stopped me from stealing the car. It's idiotic, frankly.
Yeah...it’s not particularly fun to get looped on Haddonfield but just because one group of survivors made my game bad doesn’t mean I’m going all out with Prayer Beads and an Ebony Mori on the next team who might not be sweaty. I CAN play every game with my 50 moris and win everytime but is that even a challenge or fun at all?
I’m not gonna play like a dick when they don’t deserve it and even when they do deserve it I’m confident enough in my skills to punish them. I play Spirit and Hag for christ sakes, I don’t NEED OP ######### to be good.
Don’t be a jerk to survivors unless they play like a jerk to you...and even if they do does it really matter? The game isn’t meant to be competitive. I’m not actively trying to run a sweaty build to make games horrible for other players. All you’re staying is that you should play like a dick to everyone because ONE group of survivors insta healed and used the already nerfed to hell BNP that really doesn’t mean anything at this point.
Actually, you said that I already did. If you look at what i said originally, they also DC if you use offerings that only affect you, i.e. survivor pudding.
Why would anybody DC because you used a bloodpoint offering? You do know that somebody people genuinely lose connection during the loading screen right? I rarely have my games end because of lost connection and I DEFINITELY don’t think any survivors have DC’ed because I used a bloodpoint offering when they all use offerings as well. That’s just stupid.
They've admitted to it.