Selfcare and Efficiency
Just why
Why in the red ranks, people in the high ranks using it? I mean to reach the red ranks you have to do sth for your emblems. Selfcarring means that youre doing absolutely nothing for 32 seconds EVERY time you heal yourself + you wont get any emblems (and you shouldnt because that would be heavy for a perk)
And so often I see people using Selfcare 5000 times even if theyre mangled. Whats the point? You could do sth for the game progress like idk doing a totem, doing a gen and if you find a teammate on your way you can heal each other way faster + you get emblems for it + you play way more efficient.
Im not talking about running 3 rounds around the map to get a heal. I mean if you rely so much on the first hit you should adept and learn how to avoid an ez first hit for the killer.
Dont get me wrong I loved this perk until the healing nerfs but for now it's a 100% killer sided perk; idk how many games I lose because I saw teammates selfcarring a lot. Please just for the dbd gods could you try to play some days without this perk? Trying out sth else? Just for the LULs please
I switched bond for it, not to replace it. It gives me so much informations to optimize my positioning. And the better my position the worse for the killer.
The same like: Why people want to work on gens together so much? it's crazy how addicted some teammates are to each other. If 3 survivors would do 3 gens separated the killer has a very hard time because he cant distract multiple survivors at the same time. He just can chase one survivor while the others are still on their gens.
Idk im Rank 1 survivor and these days? it's rough how many bad coordinated teammates are out there. I didnt looked at the ranks maybe I got matched with rank 15s idk.
I would just love it if people would try out other perks than selfcare. Selfcare-Hardliners using this up to 4 times a match = 130 seconds for EACH survivor. So if at least 3 people using it you gift the killer around 400 bonus seconds and that's enough to complete another 5 gens....
It's ridiculous. There are so many good perks out there
DS, Adrenaline, BT, Bond, DH, BL, Lithe, Head On, Alert, WWM, Unbreakable, Spine Chill, Plunderers (having a strong item can safe your life), Small Game
But please try to not run a perk which gifts the killer so much time and rewards you with only one health state which is not a big deal these days any more. Just adjust your way to play to avoid ez first hits and everything is fine just learn how to play trials.
And the games you win even if you selfcared you a lot of times... the killer was Trash his father so this doesnt counter and even then the game could end way faster.
Sry im a lil bit frustrated of seeing 2 teammates healing themselves in a land with no pallets, one gen left, one guy dead through the mangled status effect
I loved this perk but for now it's more killer sided than survivor. It's a trap sp please dont get trapped
Comments
It's still faster than getting healed by others.
The thing "making" SC not as good would be survivors either being cockily under the impression that they're not getting hit soon or that adrenaline will heal them "instantly"
SC clearly is a wasted perk slot. I particularly love it when I see teammates repeatedly self caring against Legion. Yeah new Legion has a little more chance for M1-ing your ass, but still, so dumb.
Not useless: could come handy when there's only two of you, and some other fringe cases. But I agree it's still not worth it.
As for working together on gens: I always try to do that. Why? You get a LOT more Objectives BP than working alone. Doesn't make much sense, but this is what it is. Prove Thyself is a unique case: you can max out your Objectives score within 1, maybe 1.5 minute. But even without it, it's much better for farming. You're right that it's not so good if you actually want to win the game.
Although there's one more reason: if you have Sprint Burst, that's literally the best way to get your Objectives, Boldness and Altruism points: keep working on gen together. When killer is coming, just make sure to run away before your buddy does. You can get the escape points, poor sod will get caught and hooked, and you can rescue him once killer is gone, if you were smart enough to hide in a safe distance but not too far. EZ farming :)
I hate self care. I have We'll Make It, Empathy, and Botany Knowledge, and when I try to get them to let me heal, they just keep on healing >:(
The only time I would use self-care is with Botany Knowledge. Still, the number of time it takes to heal back is rly big. So I most of time not running these perks. I got used to being injured or healed back by teammates.
Health states = Chase time.
Healthy survivors can loop "twice as much" and looptime = gentime.
1 Survivors sacrifices 32s of gentime to heal. But if he can loop for an additional 30s because of it, he actually gains more gentime overall. If the other 3 work on gens, wou would've gained 90s of gentime for 32s of healing.
I dont see reason NOT to heal, unless the game can be closed out soon or you have a good opportunity to repair an unsafe gen (or an unhook must be made etc). The chase to gentime ratio is huge, so doubling the chasetime is huge imo.
I have a build with both SC + Botany (I would not use SC unless I had botany as well). Really great when you do use a medkit, you can use it solely for others and for a long time.
It's also nice to have a pocket heal when you need it and like someone mentioned, keeping healthy means you can extend chases longer meaning more time for others to do gens or when you find yourself isolated on the map, or you when you need that heal after the gates are opened (and adrenaline would not of helped you).
However, there is a time to SC and a time to not SC - the perk isn't the problem. People who need to act now, but instead SC is the problem.
So the main argument is: chases lasts longer
So Im playing for a very long time without selfcare now and I had to adjust my gameplay and personally (cant speak for others) my chase time doesnt decreased . It's still the same.
Also when I see other Survivors being chased by the killer doesnt seem to chase much longer than others without SC. I dont nkow the exact reasons but Selfcare doesnt seem to effect the chase time that much.
And I mean Im not always injured. If there is a survivor who has the time to heal me I let him do so. So we're playing much more efficient.
The only point I get is the selfheal in a situation were no one else could do it. But at this point, the game is done. If 3 people hang out I can safe someone with BT because the killer cant patrol all survivors and if there is only one left, beside of of, in fact that there is not a nearly done generator which is the last one + the killer is not camping the game is done equally what youre doing. If you decide to suicide your teammate the killer will leave you on the ground and go for the last one.
The point is, in this situation Selfcare is pretty much useless.
So yea there are rare situations were SC would be dope but it's not really worth a perkslot in its current state in my opinion ^^
Very often I see people senseless healing and maybe they need the healthstate because without they die even faster. But Im talking about people who are able to play solid and in this case this perk wont carry them. it prevents those people doing their objective or other important actions to win the game.
Sometimes I see people running Pharmacy to have at least one 100% Selfcare. And they can decide wisely when they wanna use it. I mean I wont run but in the case of having a medkit it's much more efficient than selfcarring for a long time...
The other thing is: Using Botany Knowledge in addition. So you choose 2 whole perkslots for selfcare. So instead of having 4 different perks, one for idk efficiency, one for alturistic actions, one for increasing the chase time, one to counter certain playstyles (adrenaline, decisive, unbreakable, deliverence, spine chill, or one perk just for fun idk. Like my perkbuild: Adrenaline (for fun) Dead Hard as chase extention, Bond for a more efficient and smarter gameplay and Borrowed Time to counter tunneling and played well the teammate can use his extra health state to safe me. I also could switch BT for DS but the thing is BT works multiple times and counters the same thing (tunneling) for every survivor in fact that if my teammates arent not-smart, they also can safe me. (but I have to play it well and not hook rush someone in front of the killer) I love decisive because i hate it getting camped and love it to transfer the frustration of tunneling back to the killer but BT can have a way higher impact on the game than ds.
So you see. I have 4 perkslots which all have a big impact on the game on completely different things. If I choose to play SC and BK i focus on healing myself within 24 seconds... for one health state and thats all^^ Yea I also heal others faster but remind that healing is still optional and 4 seconds arent that much. If you wanna be efficient on healing you choose We'll make it. Dont get me wrong, BK can safe a lot of time, but there are better perks with a higher impact on the game. Imagine someone with leader which speed ups a lot of things even healing. It safes the same amount of time like BK do + it does lots of more things.
Im drifting off Im so sorry :D im stopping here
The point is... could we all just try to play a weeks without SC? With the intention of improving your own gameplay? Just give it a try. If you need this perk so much because it carries you a lot of times through a game - ok I get it but please.. If you are able to improve/adjust your gameplay you were surprised how fast games can be. And how much better from the quality. I ever had problems playing without SC until Ohtofu makes me realize how much time 32 seconds are... And you can play good and survive for a long time even without SC. Hopefully the devs will change this perk again. In a way were it can be still efficient but also a time booster for the killer.
I liked the idea on a ptb were you were able to heal yourself at 75% and others at 75% healing speed. it got crapped. I think one big reason was that BK countered the downside of the perk which made it awful.
Probably a habit. I too had doubts before removing sc completely.
I am still using woo as a crutch because of my laziness to observe my surroundings before working on a gen.