Make killers pass a minimum 50mbps upload test

If you want to give killers host every single game force them to prove their internet can handle it. No killer log in without passing a minimum 50mbps upload host average. 9 out of 10 games I'm either lagged out and deranked or cannot do anything because I run across the screen to only teleport into the killers arms. Cannot struggle because you cannot tap A because of lag. It's not an unfair request, or even demand at this point. Host isn't hosting for themselves they are hosting for 4 others. 10mbps per player isn't a hard demand to fill. Everyone should continue to report lagging killers as lag switching until this is fixed. A killer wouldn't be happy going against a survivor lagging the match out, why should anyone have to deal with it? I pull gig up gig down but never have an option to host unless I'm killer. Fair is fair 🤷‍♂️

Comments

  • I'm thinking everyone forgot to read the first line of my post and just went on with a fit. Carry on with assumptions though. They're losing thousands not wanting to play because of bugs, lag etc. It was so bad they had to put it on game pass free hoping more would come be survivors.


    If forcing a fair game kills the game, kill it 💯

  • Mate, if you lag in 9 out of 10 games, I can 100% assure you, its on your end, not on the killer's end.

    When I play survivor, on my 8mbps WLAN connection, I lag in maybe 1/20th of my games maximum. Barely any killer has bad connection nowadays. The only ones who lag are on wireless, and physically too far away from their access point to prevent packet loss (other side of their house, usually with multiple rooms weakening the signal).

    Taking a look at my data usage when hosting a match myself, the most I get is 48kbps download, and 16kbps upload. Dead by Daylight is really ######### lightweight when it comes down to the Internet requirements.

  • image.png

    Considering that is average download speed and normally upload speed is far lower than that. Anyone who is not in New Jersey and Maryland for the most part should not be allowed to play Dead by Daylight. (Gig Up/Down and or fiber is bare minimum across most states)

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/372/JQE6AR90OOZI.png

    Considering that is average download speed and normally upload speed is far lower than that. Anyone who is not in New Jersey and Maryland for the most part should not be allowed to play Dead by Daylight.

    Guess I'll go play civ now.

  • Begone you low internet capability scum. How dare you be limited by your ISP and geographical location since it isn't like they have people by the balls with monopoly over an area. However, I am still glad to play with high ping matches at least you have a match to play. Hell, most Minecraft servers you play on has >100ms ping. I think people need to take the time to learn how their internet really works with gaming. A connection is a two way road.

    (Hopefully the mods understand it is being said jokingly and I don't get bars)

  • @StrickxNyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/606298#Comment_606298

    I'm asking host be removed from garbage internet. That's all I'm asking. Prove you can host or take it away. You're acting as if I'm requesting you be banned from playing for having bad internet. I'm not. I'm requesting only you suffer for your internet. It's a simple concept really 🤷‍♂️

    My upload speed is 24 MB/s, and i live in a country which is in the top 10 of average internet speeds.

    Heck, i didn't even look at the speed, i just went for the cheapest deal.


    Now here's a fun fact: Never had complaints about my internet from Survivors.

    To believe that fact or not is up to you.


    Me suffer from my bad internet? Hardly, you're simply asking for something that WILL remove pretty 99% of the players.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/608513#Comment_608513

    My upload speed is 24 MB/s, and i live in a country which is in the top 10 of average internet speeds.

    Heck, i didn't even look at the speed, i just went for the cheapest deal.

    Now here's a fun fact: Never had complaints about my internet from Survivors.

    To believe that fact or not is up to you.

    Me suffer from my bad internet? Hardly, you're simply asking for something that WILL remove pretty 99% of the players.

    Welp, sorry you didn't pass the killer internet entry exam. You are now forced to play survivor or KYF for the remainder of your DBDing days. How dare you try to save money what a heathen. I cannot believe you do not have a dedicated fiber line to your home tsk tsk tsk. Also how do you not read "Up to ##mb/s" and understand that it doesn't matter what tier you order it matters on your location. Since 25mb/s is up to 50 and the 100mb/s plan.

  • @StrickxNyne

    I didn't study IT-technology, but as a physicist I think to know at least some things about it.


    The Ping you get to a Killer, is not determined by DL/UL - rate, rather than other factors.

    While DL/UL does affect the ping, it is relatively small once you pass a certain threshold (which is pretty small, pretty much every Internet these days is way above)


    What really matters are things like this:

    • Distance to the Server (in this case the Killer) -> more distance, the more the data has to travel
    • How many people are on the same line as you -> are in your neighborhood many people online right now? how much data do they use, maybe they are taking more than the line can handle
    • How does your provider/the switches on the line connect you to the server? -> maybe you are getting connected over another line because the direct way is blocked, so there is in the end more distance to the server
    • How is the quality of the line? -> Copper cable? Fiber? Old/new?
    • When you go a wireless way, the weather if you are connected to a Sending tower (Phones), how are the walls affecting the router signal,....

    You see, these are just some things affecting ping. There are many reasons you can get bad ping.

    DbD is a peer to peer connection, which means pretty much everything is DOUBLED, as the Host has the same ping-changing things, unlike most servers, which are on their own line. It doesn't have to be your lines fault or the hosts, it is in most cases something even the best UL/DL doesn't change at all.


    Maybe you understand it better now.

  • I would rather spend 10min in a laggy game than 30min in the lobby waiting. Providers don't always give you the full speed your paying for and there are tons of other factors that can affect a connection.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Mate, if you lag in 9 out of 10 games, I can 100% assure you, its on your end, not on the killer's end.

    When I play survivor, on my 8mbps WLAN connection, I lag in maybe 1/20th of my games maximum. Barely any killer has bad connection nowadays. The only ones who lag are on wireless, and physically too far away from their access point to prevent packet loss (other side of their house, usually with multiple rooms weakening the signal).

    Taking a look at my data usage when hosting a match myself, the most I get is 48kbps download, and 16kbps upload. Dead by Daylight is really ######### lightweight when it comes down to the Internet requirements.

    Almost everyone is wireless on Xbox. I direct ethernet in because wifi has so much lag. Someone did mention the everyone seeing ping at the start of the match and that has now limited a lot of laggy games but many are still showing 100ms ping and when the console has to render the groahics in chases, when the killer arrives to an area, people pop out behind trees. I've yet to lag a match as killer to date. I've gotten so many messages thanking me for not lagging the game out that I'm starting to see this isn't a me problem but a huge problem that happend after this game was put on game pass on Xbox one.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    I would rather spend 10min in a laggy game than 30min in the lobby waiting. Providers don't always give you the full speed your paying for and there are tons of other factors that can affect a connection.

    Or, stay with me. Host can be given to the best internet connection connected like every other good game in 2019. Game loads, checks ping and upload speed, realizes only 1 person or no person will have a bad connection if host is passed to X instead of Y and now lag is fixed. Again, if people stop playing because they cannot have host because they are lagging matches, ✌🏽.



    There is no logical reason to cry for and demand host on bad internet unless you can only win via lagging matches out. I've had killers in my inbox just last night saying they'd have had the win if their internet didn't DC the entire match. I have a feeling a lot of you failed to read what I wrote, don't understand Xbox console issues and think I'm requesting you be banned over just taking your host away. I'm not the least bit surprised by the responses though. In a quest for people to always be right or blame someone else, they have failed to take notice that I've simply requested host go to the person in the match who can in fact handle it.

1 2 ›