I have a hard time winning on Haddonfield.
SWF or not I just find that map complicated 0_0 am I just bad? How do you win because I feel like everyone and their mother uses Balanced landing ๐ i'm even decent at the Nurse but it always feels like I cant blink anywhere.....
Comments
For any killer: Get a good 3 gen particularly keep the gens that are 1 person alive. If the survivors have two 1 person gens and a 3 person gen you practically win end-game.
For nurse: At least when I play her I find that most of the time blinking through the house is useless.
don't feel bad losing at haddonfield. the map's busted af
It's the most broken map in the game. I promise you you do not have to worry about it.
@Peanits I hope you guys hit this map next. I love....and I mean love the new springwood maps <3
If the survivors pick Haddonfield then yes they will use Balanced Landing. Beat them at their own game, successively play all your Haddonfield offerings with all your killers. They won't be expecting it so cannot prep for it in advance. Playing the same map over and over again will really help you.
I did this playing survivor using all my "The Game" offerings in a day in a feeble attempt to learn the map. I'm sure I upset quite a few survivors.
Survivors that pick Haddonfield will likely be optimized for it - you're gonna have a hard time.
Even when they don't, Haddonfield is balanced toward survivors - not as much as people like to hyperbolize, but enough to be noticable. Focusing on a section of map with clustered gens is a good strategy, rather than allowing yourself to be led away. Eat the few pallets early, and learn to predict windows/jumps so you can already be there when people fall: Balanced Landing takes a moment to kick in, and you can 'waste' it with a hit prior to that.
@JawsIsTheNextKiller I personally love Gideon's as survivor, because I actually have learned the map. Killers get so confident there that even experienced players make rookie mistakes.
The Haddonfield map is incredibly unbalanced and it's very easy to abuse it's design
At least it will be reworked in a few months
@LCGaster - The rework won't help against survivors that choose the Haddonfield offering armed with Balanced Landing. The devs will shuffle the map layout but I can't see them reducing the number of drops.
I win every time in less than 10s...
Haddonfield is the one map where I tend to be very nasty as a killer, especially if a survivor burned a Haddonfield offering. If I see a Stroke Real Estate Key, people are getting tunneled early and at least 1 is going to be dead by the time the 3rd gen is done. That's the only way to win on that map against good survivors.
Specific tips for success:
For the double stairs leading into the basement, as you go down the stairs, strafe and moonwalk towards the pallet and swing through the pallet. Survivors tend to sit at the pallet at the bottom of the stairs.
If someone has Balanced Landing, consider leaving them and focus on any survivors who don't seem to have the perk. Balanced Landing creates infinite loops in a few of the houses.
A van, pallet, short bush combo is an unsafe pallet. Don't break it. You can hit survivors without having blood lust if you rotate once and get them to vault while you're on the bush side.
Another tip for double basement stairs. One window will usually be directly in line with the stairs, and the other will usually be perpendicular. Moonwalk up the stairs you came down and listen for a fast vault. You have plenty of time to get them if you're at the top of the stairs when they make the vault.
Always look for a non-window exit from the upstairs of any house. Sometimes RNG is kind, other times you get absolutely screwed. Welcome to Haddonfield.
In addition or repetition to other's comments :
Haddonfield has some nigh-infinites if a survivor takes Balanced Landing. In addition, a lot of the house-loops are non-mindegameable versus a good survivor. Consider letting the gens in houses go (It's worthless and a waste of time to defend those gens) , and not chasing survivors through house-loops unless you have a good read on their perks and know they're not competent enough to abyse said loops. Don't chase survivors who goad you into chasing them through these loops, as it will almost always result in you losing time.
Survivors, in my experience on both sides, like to use the outer sides of the map, behind the houses, to rotate from gens and such. These areas are terrible to patrol because you lose a ton of time going to, searching, and returning to them (high hedge walls). If you're playing a trap-based killer, consider dropping a few traps in these areas to catch rotating survivors - if that time investment is worth it.
I always hook survivors close to the center of the street area if I can. Haddonfield isn't super big, but it's hard to navigate, so it's nice to draw survivors to predictable areas.
Learn where the crows spawn in each tile of Haddonfield. It's often very helpful to see a crow returning to its roost, because it lets you know a survivor came near there recently. Tracking on Haddonfield can be hard.
If you can't force a 3-gen, the game is over. This can be due to unfortunate spawns or otherwise, but Haddonfield is just one of those maps where if the survivors aren't potatoes, you're not taking away anything more than a 1k.
Best tip is don't play Haddonfield, and if you do play Haddonfield, don't take it personally. It's a mapping nightmare.
Haddonfield is one of the most survivor friendly maps in the game, with the exception of swamp maps and Ironworks of Misery.
Three genning usually helps, but isn't a guarantee in this case.
They said that next rework map will be Haddonfield?
Haddonfield needs rework.