For future reworks: no more Status Effect Add-ons please
Freddy's new blocks are a prime example: everyone I know dislikes their rework, it was just lazy and unimaginative.
The Status Effects are just not worth it. You barely see them used with the exception of perhaps the occasional Mangled Add-on as that has an effect that might actually be detrimental. Let's not even speak of Exhaustion Add-ons, those are too rare.
Haemorrhage and Blindness, especially the later, are by far the most hated Status Effect Add-ons. Not because they are strong, but quite the opposite: they are weak, their effect does not warrant their cost and you limiting your build, not taking stronger Add-ons that would actually benefit you.
In a game that consists of SWF teams in 70% of the trials, Blindness is just ridiculous, it's pretty completely compensated by voice chat and even in trials where there are none, the Status Effect is not worth it due to the very short duration. I mean, when you have last seen someone use Hex: The Third Seal outside of Hag newbies doing their Adept?
Generally, those Add-ons don't add to the game or the playstyle of a Killer, they are boring, simplistic and generally not worth it.
I seriously hope that any future rework will not have those Add-ons anymore, or if you absolutely must, then use Status Effects that actually are detrimental to Survivors and SWF Survivors.
Comments
I can agree with this Blindness is useless even against solo survivors. Hemorrhage = I can't see blood and follow it good enough help me.
But think of all the extra tracking the Nurse would get from a Very Rare add-on that inflicted the Hemorrhage effect!
I wouldn't mind the status effects so much if how you remove them was better addressed. Most of these just run out before a survivor even wants to end a chase and are not debilitating enough to impact play outside of a chase. With the exception of being exposed, there isn't one status that makes me play differently.
"everyone I know dislikes their rework, it was just lazy and unimaginative." and everyone i know thinks the rework was good. And i have a feeling those status effects gonna get upgraded soon.
Thers plenty of things that could change the current situation. Too bad it requires brainpower and willingness to make inconveniences for our potatoes.
The problem with Blindness is it's a timed effect. It's a strong effect, but only outside of a chase, when you've hooked someone else aside from the blinded person. This causes the issue of the particular addon being useless. I think this effect specifically should at the very least be an effect UNTIL you are healthy. This would make it where while you were injured your aura reading was hindered, but would have the counterplay of being healed to get rid of it. This would make the blindness addon at least somewhat useful, if you managed to hit all four survivors once, none of them healed, and you hooked one.
Honestly when it comes to a blindness outside of really gimmicky slug builds it's pretty pointless.
@Atrushan88
Even outside of chase is pretty useless as survivors can just pay attention to the hook bubble and get a really accurate idea of where the person got hooked.
Aura reading perks on survivors isn't prevalent enough for it to be considered worthwhile.
They're honestly just wasted add ons. It really feels like they couldn't be bothered giving him anything else worthwhile so they took the 2 effects they KNOW are garbage and just filled the rest of the slots with them.
They keep saying they want to see how they work out in live, but they aren't going to get info on that, because nobody is dumb enough to use them.
Hell, might as well use them in your first games as him learning his power, don't risk 1 person using them and getting a fluke 4k and then they have the stats like "Oh a large percentage of players using them 4k" like we hear with everything that's objectively crap.
I'm specifically mentioning the rework of the Block Add-ons, not the entire Freddy rework as such.
What makes you think that the Status Effects will get upgraded? There is literally nothing to base that feeling on.
Okay.
I just have a feeling. Nothing more. Just a lil voice in my head saying "they'll do it eventually"
There's no basis though in 3 years of DbD.
@Volfawott I didn't think the bubble showed when you hooked a survivor. I was fairly sure it didn't. I've rarely went against third seal though however as survivor, but when I use it and it's not taken out I generally get at least one one-hook death.
The Wraith. Nurse in the future. Doctor in the future as well.
"The court doesn't work with hypotheses." Did you really just try to use two reworks that haven't even been done yet and can go completely either way as "proof" of your assumption that the Status Effect Add-ons might see buffs?
And no, none of the Status Effect Add-ons saw buffs since their implementation.
Z-Block: Removed the ability for Survivors to bleed while healthy.
They honest-to-god need to buff Blindness and Hemorrhage. Both of those abilities have been trash for waaaaaay too long.