Taking one for the team

This achievement requires a whopping 250 protection hits for recently unhooked survivors.....please tell me that’s a typo and they meant 25, otherwise I highly doubt anyone will get this.

Comments

  • youll get it eventually, get bt just in case

  • It’s a doozy I’ll give you that. Ultimately tho, I do think it’s doable, at least compared to other achievements in dbd. They have a habit of going big over going home (500 doc shocks, old skilled huntress, and others). Like @CoffengMin said, running bt will help, and there are plenty of scenarios where you can take a hit for a recently unhooked survivor. It will take time tho, and I can get behind it being reduced somewhat.

  • I stopped worrying about getting it, and im just playing the game. I think im like 40 now (when i was 100+ when i was worrying about it).

    Its still slow tho.

  • This is by far the dumbassest achievement in the game. It litereally encourages you to do the stupidest kind of rescue possible: rush immediately when killer is hooking, take a hit, unhook, take another hit. And 250 of them. Actual protection hits (helping an injured survivor during a chase) don't count, only hits during/after unhooking.

    Was a real pain to get this, and it leads to a lot of sandbagging.

  • @George_Soros Im gonna disagree with you on this. Saying this encourages sandbagging is like saying the 1000 hatchet throws for huntress encourages standing by a locker for the whole game and chucking hatchets at a wall until the last survivor leaves. Some ppl might do it to try to rush the achievement, but its not really practical if your trying to play the game.

  • @LordGlint said:

    @George_Soros Im gonna disagree with you on this. Saying this encourages sandbagging is like saying the 1000 hatchet throws for huntress encourages standing by a locker for the whole game and chucking hatchets at a wall until the last survivor leaves. Some ppl might do it to try to rush the achievement, but its not really practical if your trying to play the game.

    The "protection" score event only registers if both survivors and the killer are within 8m of the hook when the killer hits the rescuer. It's a textbook case of sandbagging/killing/farming your fellow survivor.

    EDIT: I should know. I've done it 250 times :)