Something in Regards to the Clown and how he's Designed

There's something I'd like to know when it comes to the Clown.

The Clown's a pretty sizable lad, right? And most people here know that he's lacking a lot of strength in a lot of departments outside of using his gas to get easy hits or forcing survivors to throw pallets. His complete and total lack of map pressure in particular hurts him a lot.

So why exactly is it that he's the only killer in the entire game that makes a loud distinct noise when performing breaking and vaulting actions? If people aren't aware, Clown makes a noticeable "hnnghh" noise whenever he kicks a pallet or vaults through a window.. which removes any sort of mind-gaming potential he could have had around certain loops, like the shack. Not even the Nurse have such a sound and she can blink through walls! She doesn't even have footstep sounds..

If he has the noise because he's a well-built fellow, then other killers should have their unique noise in regards to how they're designed.. Like a noticeable hum from Hillbilly's chainsaw that survivors could use to judge distance with. And if the choice to have him make noise when vaulting was to give him innate counterplay due to his own perk Bamboozle (which has a unique sound already with the window getting blocked off), then that's no reason to add a noticeable "aha!" noise to Nurse when she sees an aura of a survivor. You catch my drift?

I know you're probably sleeping well and sound, @Peanits, but if you know the reason to this.. feature, I'd love to know. What do you all other people think?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think it’s supposed to indicate the very poor health he’s in, that he let himself go (quite a lot) after giving up football.

    Like mentioned, then we should also add such design choices to other killers. Makes no sense that one single killer, out of a roster of 16, is designed to be worse than all the other killers when it comes to playing mind-games.

    Also, if you get a notification from this without me @ing you, do tell.

  • Clown makes loud and distinct noises constantly. He sounds like he's perpetually on the verge of dying from all forms of respiratory diseases simultaneously.

  • @Rydog said:

    Clown makes loud and distinct noises constantly. He sounds like he's perpetually on the verge of dying from all forms of respiratory diseases simultaneously.

    Hahah, that's true. Doesn't change the fact that the distinct breaking/vault noise is something that only the Clown has and that its something that hurt him.

  • So many times I gave up even trying to make them double vaults, exactly because of that :( The sound makes sense realism wise, him being the amorphous blob that he is, but it still hinders him.

    I propose a different fix: add a hotkey to make a groaning sound at will, the same that he makes when vaulting! It would fit his overall character anyway (yes I mean the pervert murderer aspect), and it could fool survivors. Not to mention the meme potential.

  • @George_Soros said:

    So many times I gave up even trying to make them double vaults, exactly because of that :( The sound makes sense realism wise, him being the amorphous blob that he is, but it still hinders him.

    I propose a different fix: add a hotkey to make a groaning sound at will, the same that he makes when vaulting! It would fit his overall character anyway (yes I mean the pervert murderer aspect), and it could fool survivors. Not to mention the meme potential.

    Wouldn't just removing the sound altogether mix all the issues to begin with?

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/595988#Comment_595988

    Wouldn't just removing the sound altogether mix all the issues to begin with?

    Well, yes, that would be the obvious and simple fix. I was just thinking about potential mindgames with such a "press x to groan" option.

  • @George_Soros said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596036#Comment_596036

    Well, yes, that would be the obvious and simple fix. I was just thinking about potential mindgames with such a "press x to groan" option.

    I dunno what I feel about getting chased by a Clown hammerin' the groan button.

  • Giving Clown the ability to manually cough in a nutshell

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5yw4y3OZoA


    I NEED IT

  • Agreed. At least this sound should play when he finishes vaulting/breaking pallet.

    So you still can surprise someone.

  • @JAWS_BDSM said:

    Agreed. At least this sound should play when he finishes vaulting/breaking pallet.

    So you still can surprise someone.

    The removal of the sound altogether is the way to go.

  • @BlueFang said:

    Giving Clown the ability to manually cough in a nutshell

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5yw4y3OZoA

    I NEED IT

    It'd be obnoxious.