Snare Freddy Vs. Pallet Freddy

Played one game with Pallet Freddy and I was pretty bored


I've played several games so far with Snare Freddy and he's actually pretty fun. Being able to just fire and forget snare traps in a chase is pretty great. At tight loops you can force the survivor to end a loop first run or suffer a hit for being greedy


Likewise you can also put the traps tactically like you would with Bear Traps and surprise the survivor when their loop is filled with several snares


So what is your opinion on the Two Freddies?

Comments

  • Snares>pallets

  • Pallet Freddy is better but more boring as it's also place and go. It can actually confirm a hit when the survivor starts looping the pallet, but it is useless in a chase when a survivor can see you placing them down. Awake survivors also know where the real pallets are, and this is just going to make a coordinated SWF nightmarish for Freddy to play against. The pallets are also a bit superfluous a lot of the time as well considering how pallets are spaced out now. To further explain what I mean, let's say you're playing the Doctor and a survivor runs towards one of your fake pallets. Well, considering how pallets are spaced out, they probably just ran into a dead zone and the hit is now unavoidable (provided you aren't a rank 20 and get 360'd). The main point I'm trying to make is that, about half of the time, the dream pallets which are all Freddy has to help him in a chase are about as useful as just an added perk of another killer's power. Not to mention that unlike any other power in the game, Freddy's pallets take an entire add-on just to get to use and have little support. Any power that consumes an entire add-on slot just to use should definitely be among the stronger powers.

    Snare Freddy is a flaming dumpster fire in terms of how weak and generally useless the power is. It's basically the Clown's power; HOWEVER, it's a trap (harder to make use of), slows for less, the survivor has to be slept for the (useless) trap to do anything, is really only "useful" for making a fast vault a slow vault, and it takes you longer to place and activate the trap than it slows the survivor down for. I think the setting time is especially atrocious considering they're considerably weaker than Hag traps but take longer to place at a specific point. It basically means they're only not a waste of time if you haphazardly chuck them places while moving. Survivors can also disarm them... There's just so much that's wrong with them it's really hard to properly encapsulate it all. There aren't even any add-ons to increase their slow effect or make them actually do anything.

    Anyways, the snares are generally not needed/superfluous in ending a chase, ESPECIALLY in shorter loops where the full duration of the (insignificant) slow doesn't even have a chance to set in.

  • In case it's hard to tell, I feel like the rework for Freddy is just making him a worse version of what we already have. Now I feel like I have no reason to play him because he's incredibly weak and offers nothing unique.

    Pre-rework he was the definitive weakest killer, but at least he brought something new to the table.

  • But can you fill the shack with snares?

    This is important for the memes.

  • @DeadRedHead said:

    In case it's hard to tell, I feel like the rework for Freddy is just making him a worse version of what we already have. Now I feel like I have no reason to play him because he's incredibly weak and offers nothing unique.

    Pre-rework he was the definitive weakest killer, but at least he brought something new to the table.

    The definitive weakest Killer? Yeah, for those that had no idea how to play him.