Leatherface fix

No not a full on rework. As fun as that sounds, it's not the best idea considering that he's always going to have a chainsaw.

These changes all go together:

  • Change Bubba's MS to 92% up from 87.5% while charging his chainsaw. This is the same as Billy
  • Bubba no longer gets stunned when hitting a non-survivor object, he just keeps going anyways. This will go through pallets but he can still be stunned if it's dropped directly on top of him.
  • Movement speed during his rampage is increased to 125%
  • Charge time is increased to 2.35 seconds (up from 2.1 seconds) for reference Billy's is 2.5 seconds. Basically beasts marks is now basekit.
  • His rampage is changed to 3 seconds flat down from 3.26. This is a mostly side grade as it means if they jump through a window you aren't punished for as long. The distance he travels is the same as now with the speed increase

Addon changes:

  • Chili/Award winning Chili - Moderately/Considerably (10/15%) increase the rampage duration. No longer effects object penalty because that's not a thing. (because these add-ons do nothing now)
  • Carburettor Tuning Guide - Now ultra rare. Values increased to match new rarity: Decreases the charge time by 20%, Decreases the cool-down by 20%, Reduces the sound range by 40% (because it's the wrong rarity now and he needs ultra rares)
  • Light chassis - Now ultra rare. Slightly increase your movement speed while charging your chainsaw (up to 95%) and you may now cancel the rampage at any time. (Object penalty no longer exists and he needs a 2nd ultra rare)
  • Depth Gauge Rake - Now very rare. Decrease the rampage duration by 10%. Each time you hit a survivor with your chainsaw extend the duration by 1 second. (Same as Light chassis minus the ultra rare part)

@Yamaoka

Comments

  • I'll be going through each aspect of this Bubba fix individually to make it as detailed as possible:


    1) increasing his movement speed while revving the chainsaw is generally reasonable as his current chainsaw charge speed of 3.45m/s is one of the reasons people rarely manage to punish survivors with chainsaw-downs even if they successfully mindgame them in structures like jungle gyms. 86.25% combined with the fact Bubba slowly accelerates from there just doesn't cut it against skilled survivors who're quick to react.


    Long story short: 3.68m/s (92%) is definitely a reasonable change in my book.


    2) I'm not too sure about this one. Removing his tantrum completely while adding the ability to go through pallets without stopping to his basekit would obviously make him EXTREMELY strong (and going through pallets like without stopping would probably feel pretty satisfying also) but at the same time it would reduce the skill-ceiling to pretty much 0.


    Keeping the lowest possible distance to walls and other objects while keeping an eye on the survivor (and possibly other survivors that may be near-by) during his chainsaw attack is one of the things that requires some sort of skill and experience (particularly on maps with many objects and narrow locations). If we were to remove the tantrum everybody could just pick him up and hug walls while going through pallets without stopping. I think it wouldn't be fun to go against a 0 hour-Bubba that can't be stopped by 1 out of 2 survivor defenses (pallets, windows).


    I think however his tantrum speed and duration should be altered somewhat for one simple reason, though: Map design.

    Bubba gets stunned when falling through small holes and other openings since his chainsaw collision seems to be bigger than some openings/holes.

    Bubba will also get stunned by invisible walls at times "while" falling down on certain maps like Ormond or Ironworks of Misery.

    Sometimes they'll JUST get away after falling because his tantrum speed of 11.5% which is 0.46m/s won't allow me to hit them after falling even if I land just next to them. The tantrum speed should at least allow minor corrections so 1m/s (25%) isn't too much to ask I think.


    3) Bubba currently tops out at 126.5% (5.06m/s) so 125% would actually decrease his movement speed UNLESS you're removing acceleration. Is that what you meant?

    125% "instantly" would be a major buff especially combined with the 92% ms while charging.

    To give people an idea how much of a change this would be:


    His chainsaw range would still be exactly 15 meters (default range) but everytime someone is downed by the 4th chainsaw hit right now they'd get hit by the 2nd chainsaw hit instead - allowing Bubba to basically use his chainsaw everytime a survivor makes a wrong read. He would be crazy strong with these changes.


    4) Not a lot to say here. If he gets faster he should obviously have to charge slightly longer. Reasonable change.


    5) I don't know if your change keeps the current acceleration mechanic so I can't say much about this one.



    ABOUT THE ADDON CHANGES:


    1] Your version of Chili and Award Winning Chili would increase his potential of getting a multidown which is what makes him unique in the first place. Therefore a neat change I can agree with. Will both chili addons stack?

    A combined increase of his chainsaw duration of 25% would result in a total distance of 18.75 meters if your 125% speed is calculated "without" the acceleration mechanic.

    Also what would his current "knife scratches" addon do? (it increases his max range slightly at the moment due to the increased total speed)

    2] Tuning Guide: I agree.

    3] Light Chassis: I like this idea. If you down someone and you can clearly tell there's nobody else around you can save some seconds after downing the survivor and the further increased ms of 95% while charging the chainsaw synergizes with the ability to cancel the rampage as it will often allow you to hit with the very first or second chainsaw hit.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I'll be going through each aspect of this Bubba fix individually to make it as detailed as possible:

    1) increasing his movement speed while revving the chainsaw is generally reasonable as his current chainsaw charge speed of 3.45m/s is one of the reasons people rarely manage to punish survivors with chainsaw-downs even if they successfully mindgame them in structures like jungle gyms. 86.25% combined with the fact Bubba slowly accelerates from there just doesn't cut it against skilled survivors who're quick to react.

    Long story short: 3.68m/s (92%) is definitely a reasonable change in my book.

    2) I'm not too sure about this one. Removing his tantrum completely while adding the ability to go through pallets without stopping to his basekit would obviously make him EXTREMELY strong (and going through pallets like without stopping would probably feel pretty satisfying also) but at the same time it would reduce the skill-ceiling to pretty much 0.

    Keeping the lowest possible distance to walls and other objects while keeping an eye on the survivor (and possibly other survivors that may be near-by) during his chainsaw attack is one of the things that requires some sort of skill and experience (particularly on maps with many objects and narrow locations). If we were to remove the tantrum everybody could just pick him up and hug walls while going through pallets without stopping. I think it wouldn't be fun to go against a 0 hour-Bubba that can't be stopped by 1 out of 2 survivor defenses (pallets, windows).

    I think however his tantrum speed and duration should be altered somewhat for one simple reason, though: Map design.

    Bubba gets stunned when falling through small holes and other openings since his chainsaw collision seems to be bigger than some openings/holes.

    Bubba will also get stunned by invisible walls at times "while" falling down on certain maps like Ormond or Ironworks of Misery.

    Sometimes they'll JUST get away after falling because his tantrum speed of 11.5% which is 0.46m/s won't allow me to hit them after falling even if I land just next to them. The tantrum speed should at least allow minor corrections so 1m/s (25%) isn't too much to ask I think.

    3) Bubba currently tops out at 126.5% (5.06m/s) so 125% would actually decrease his movement speed UNLESS you're removing acceleration. Is that what you meant?

    125% "instantly" would be a major buff especially combined with the 92% ms while charging.

    To give people an idea how much of a change this would be:

    His chainsaw range would still be exactly 15 meters (default range) but everytime someone is downed by the 4th chainsaw hit right now they'd get hit by the 2nd chainsaw hit instead - allowing Bubba to basically use his chainsaw everytime a survivor makes a wrong read. He would be crazy strong with these changes.

    4) Not a lot to say here. If he gets faster he should obviously have to charge slightly longer. Reasonable change.

    5) I don't know if your change keeps the current acceleration mechanic so I can't say much about this one.

    ABOUT THE ADDON CHANGES:

    1] Your version of Chili and Award Winning Chili would increase his potential of getting a multidown which is what makes him unique in the first place. Therefore a neat change I can agree with. Will both chili addons stack?

    A combined increase of his chainsaw duration of 25% would result in a total distance of 18.75 meters if your 125% speed is calculated "without" the acceleration mechanic.

    Also what would his current "knife scratches" addon do? (it increases his max range slightly at the moment due to the increased total speed)

    2] Tuning Guide: I agree.

    3] Light Chassis: I like this idea. If you down someone and you can clearly tell there's nobody else around you can save some seconds after downing the survivor and the further increased ms of 95% while charging the chainsaw synergizes with the ability to cancel the rampage as it will often allow you to hit with the very first or second chainsaw hit.

    @Yamaoka regarding the acceleration thing. I don't know enough about how it actually works to say the details, but it would be the AVERAGE speed that's definetly changing.

    This ultimately would imply faster acceleration and top speed, but I do not know enough about the current acceleration curve to calculate the exact numbers on acceleration speed, top speed ect.

    But whatever it is, I know that the average speed thought the rampage is currently 115% and with the Beasts Mark's addon is supposed to be 125%

    The thing about going through pallets first of all doesn't actually remove them as a defense (your only cutting off 0.35 seconds) unless they drop the pallet when you are already charging, this is of course better than Billy who still stops dead even if he is charging, but Billy has a number of other important advantages.

    Even with these changes he'd still lack significant map pressure that the top tiers have, however at the very least this would make him a usable Killer that is more than just an easier but weaker Billy.

  • Ok so I did the math and in order for the acceleration formula to roughly match the current one the formula would need to be about:

    v = 0.29t^2+3.68 where t = time and v = velocity with respect to time

    I fudged the numbers a bit so it's not exactly 125% over 15 meters but it's within 0.1 for both values so eh close enough.

    @Yamaoka That enough for you to evaluate? Top speed would be 6.32 MS and it would reach 5 M/S in about 2.14 seconds.

  • @GrootDude I have a feeling you would take interest in this post if you haven't seen it already.

  • I like your ideas, I’m curious as to what the chili add ons do though, unless I’m just reading it wrong it seems like all they do is punish you, I could’ve just read it wrong though.

  • @GrootDude said:

    I like your ideas, I’m curious as to what the chili add ons do though, unless I’m just reading it wrong it seems like all they do is punish you, I could’ve just read it wrong though.

    Your thinking tantrum.

    The time your power is in use for goes up with the addons. So it's normally 3 seconds but with Chili its 3.3 seconds.

    That means you go further after each use of the power.

  • This is one of the most detailed suggestions about bubbaboi I've ever seen, and I love it. Really, good job! I enjoyed the time I spent reading it.

    But I would add 2 more changes:

    1. Remove the massive slowdown LF gets after cancelling the rampage.

    2. Fix the 7th swing of the rampage. It's currently bugged and it doesn't have hitbox (it doesn't do any damage to survivors).

  • @Groxiverde said:

    This is one of the most detailed suggestions about bubbaboi I've ever seen, and I love it. Really, good job! I enjoyed the time I spent reading it.

    But I would add 2 more changes:

    1. Remove the massive slowdown LF gets after cancelling the rampage.

    2. Fix the 7th swing of the rampage. It's currently bugged and it doesn't have hitbox (it doesn't do any damage to survivors).

    Glad you like it <3

    1. Do you mean canceling the charge? Or the slowdown at the end of the power?
    2. Technically this just removes the 7th swing entirely by shortening the duration. So problem solved?
  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685993#Comment_685993

    Glad you like it <3

    1. Do you mean canceling the charge? Or the slowdown at the end of the power?
    2. Technically this just removes the 7th swing entirely by shortening the duration. So problem solved?

    1. Yeah, I meant to say when canceling the charge. It would open a wide range of possibilities to mindgame at pallets, like billy does.

    2. Oh, nice. I didn't think about that, awesome then :3

  • I don't main bubba, but I do play him more than most killers. I like all these changes.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685981#Comment_685981

    Your thinking tantrum.

    The time your power is in use for goes up with the addons. So it's normally 3 seconds but with Chili its 3.3 seconds.

    That means you go further after each use of the power.

    That sounds good to me. :)

  • Please create a bug which makes bubba unable to recover from tantrum but increase his movement speed a lot. I just wanna chase Survivors while in a tantrum animation. I think it'll be really scary and freaky.

  • @ashleyatkinson

    Why a bug? Why not give a Tantrum Chase addon?

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @ashleyatkinson

    Why a bug? Why not give a Tantrum Chase addon?

    Like chainsaw now takes 30 seconds to charge up but lasts for 60 seconds? That would be awesome. Especially with no collision

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/686901#Comment_686901

    Like chainsaw now takes 30 seconds to charge up but lasts for 60 seconds? That would be awesome. Especially with no collision

    Imagine holding someone in a corner to instant down them.

    Just 30 seconds of revving the saw but nothing actually happening.