Are survivors just volunteer sacrifices?

Is the game Killer vs survivors? Or killer vs volunteer sacrifice that should just start the trial on the hook?


Why does it seem like most people who are active in the general discussion section of the forums see the game this way? Should killers getting a 4k with 30k be the acceptable and expected normal outcome of a game? Thusly accepting survivors expected game is for everyone to get 12k points and die? If so I'd like to know why.


I dislike seeing so much bias and fallacial/personal attacks between users. Try to be objective.

Comments

  • Um...excuse me? Wheres my other 2k BP? Why do I ONLY get 30k?

  • Don't make up stuff to make a point.

    There's absolutely bias, but it's not exclusive, nor do the masses demand free escapes/sacrifices.

  • Cause there are more killers here I guess.


    Don't know, one can be objective by playing both roles...


    DisIsSoFrustratingToPlayKillerman

  • @Boss said:

    Don't make up stuff to make a point.

    There's absolutely bias, but it's not exclusive, nor do the masses demand free escapes/sacrifices.

    Most comments I see seem to think this way. I'm not making anything up.

  • @Boss Reminds me of the survivor rule book on the new samination vid.

  • @MySpaceBarsBroken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/585297#Comment_585297

    Most comments I see seem to think this way. I'm not making anything up.

    To me you are, you're not showing anything.

  • Regardless. How do you feel about the question I'm asking, because that's the main point. You're just denying my premise

  • Some killers feel entitled to a 4k. Some survivors feel entitled to an escape. Making it an us vs them situation just worsens matters though.

  • Personally I'm fine with a 2k as long as I hooked everyone UNLESS the escaping survivor/s act/s like total twats after the game. I happen to 4k pretty much every game, though (if I don't feel like letting someone go) because many survivors still haven't learned to power through ruin.


    Most of the time I let 1 survivor escape via the hatch and if they just give up completely I'll even let 2 survivors go, though. I don't want to rank up too quickly anyways due to overly long queue times.

  • Is the game Killer vs survivors? Or killer vs volunteer sacrifice that should just start the trial on the hook?

    its because they arent ready to have the conversation that a 2k is considered a win, and a 4k should rarely happen , just like 4 escapes

  • @ClogWench said:

    Some killers feel entitled to a 4k. Some survivors feel entitled to an escape. Making it an us vs them situation just worsens matters though.

    I play survivor and killer. It just happens that when I analyze the game from an objective point of view, and looking at quality of player experience and how to equalize and maximum its potential, I see that survivors usually could use a little help. And this is a core issue I'd like to see hashed out in order to strengthen further suggestions

  • Because most Killers consider not getting a 4k a loss there are still buffs that killers need mostly mid/low tier killers. But a lot of killers have very high egos just like a lot of survivors have high egos and if they lost a match as killer then it's obviously because the game was survivor sided in some way. There is also a lot of pride people have when playing killer giving up chases can save you the game but you rarely see a killer that knows how to.

  • @MySpaceBarsBroken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/585324#Comment_585324

    I play survivor and killer. It just happens that when I analyze the game from an objective point of view, and looking at quality of player experience and how to equalize and maximum its potential, I see that survivors usually could use a little help. And this is a core issue I'd like to see hashed out in order to strengthen further suggestions

    People who are biased often don't think they're biased. I think tbh has issues balancing solo vs co-op play, as well as a brutal difficulty curb. New and low rank players have a terrible time as survivor because they don't know how to properly best a killer, while higher tier killers have a bad time against equally good survivors who actually know how to make full use of all the tools they have. The advantage one side has over the other is often based on player skill.

  • @MySpaceBarsBroken said:

    Regardless. How do you feel about the question I'm asking, because that's the main point. You're just denying my premise

    I feel like it's a question that's answered by anyone's first Survivor match, as the game provides you a means to escape that can be achieved.

    Questioning it seems pointless to me, hence why I didn't even address it.