Signals on hooks

Can somebody please tell me what survivors mean when the raise their arms while on the hook?

Last time I checked it was the sign for: "killer is here/nearby". But now it seems to have changed to "come and get me off the hook".

Also just before I rescue someone, they try to kobe themselfes. Is there a reason to do this?

Comments

  • It's "supposed" to be as simple as wiggling on the hook = go do gens, don't come.

    But I've heard some say long almost-struggle stretches = getting camped, quicker twitches = come and get me. Just gets sort of confusing. And on the kobe thing, if you are near them, it won't make them struggle and the killer is somewhere else then I guess they just want to see if it happens, or perhaps they are trying to get that one achievement?

  • We'll, if you wave in my game, its not safe. Not sure why people are trying to change standard?

  • Oh, if there are traps, I'll give pulses upon approach.

  • Hookdancing=camping™ since 2016

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think people do the long-almost struggle stretches because waving your hands is really hard to do with laggier matches.

    I usually wave my arms constantly for "being camped, do gens, don't rescue me". I'll do it in short bursts if I'm NOT being camped but killer has come back for me (Around 4 or 5 waves, pause 5 seconds, 4 or 5 waves, etc). This gives off the impression of "don't save me" but not so much of "I'm being camped to death".

    I will wave twice in quick succession once to signal "it's clear" with another survivor often approaching slowly for either traps or if the killer has left my location such as a stealthy killer. If they're sprinting at me at close proximity and it's not clear, I will wave my arms rapidly until they either stop approaching or start crouching towards me, depending on the situation.

    All of the above usually works.

    ...Usually.

    Trust me, you are confusing people more than helping them. But you are not to blame, that's how solo Q is. @Peanits any news about kindred beeing basekit?

  • A lot of people just randomly spam it tbh

  • Waving hands = Killer's close / Camping

    That's what I've learnt it meant since I started playing this game and that's what I'll assume it means.

  • @se05239 said:

    Waving hands = Killer's close / Camping

    That's what I've learnt it meant since I started playing this game and that's what I'll assume it means.

    This was my interpretation when i started, and it worked for a while. Then somewhere down the line it changed and I had to stop using it because of the lemmings that came running up to the hook.

    Then came the abuse afterwards, because I had "Gotten them killed"

    *Picard face palm*

  • wait... what? ... it means something? I have 1250 hours on the game and i just wave my arms about for fun lol