Toxic Players

Let me preface this with, "this has nothing to do with camping/tunneling or using certain perks". Yes camping/tunneling sucks but people will still do it :( oh well. And as for perks, they're in the damn game, so they are all fair use, learn to play around them.

Anyways, I just really wish the Devs would monitor the end game chat more and ban people for toxic behavior; whether it be calling someone horrible things, or telling them to learn how to play, or calling them a cheater because they got a 4k. If you can't just play the game and enjoy it, don't play. Go play a single player game and let everyone else enjoy this one.

When I play survivor and I get wrecked by an amazing killer, I tell them how awesome they were or ask them for hints. And when I play killer and have a super sneaky or amazing looper survivor, I tell them they were way too good for me and congrats to them.

Honestly, they should just get rid of end game chat :( It's fun to talk to cool people and gain friends, but a large portion of the community is toxic and some people just ruin the game.

Just my opinion

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Being an idiot shouldn't be bannable, calling someone a cheater in end-game chat is not the same as filing false reports which I assume would be punishable if people do it enough. Obviously if people go full rage goblin and call people slurs and say ######### like suicide encouragement they should be thrown out, and I'm pretty sure they do get banned.

    You can hide chat if you want, or just say gg and leave immediately.

  • I think in any pvp game there's always going to be a certain amount of "smack talk" and it's to be expected - there's the option of closing the chat box for this reason, telling someone "learn to play" is certainly not an offence to ban for in a PvP game, death threats on the other hand, should be (and are!) punished.

  • For sure but where is the line drawn? Can I get banned for continuously meleeing a survivor on a hook for example?

  • I like end game chat, though. It's nice to talk to people after a fun match and it makes me happy when it's wholesome.