Goodbye and good riddance
tl/dr - I'm done with this crap.
Dead by Daylight is a great game with so much potential, but ruined by its increasingly toxic player base.
I actually gave up on this game a while ago but came back because I missed it. Since I came back, around a month ago, I've found the game to get increasingly more frustrating and rage inducing. As much as I love the game concept, and despite the bugs, there is so much potential for this game to be fun. However, for me, these issues are ruining the game.
1) The ability for high ranked players to get into a low ranked killer's lobby in order to bully them. It's become nigh on impossible to have a fun killer round of late as every match I play finds me matched with players who are WAY above my level. For example, one match saw a rank 19, rank 12, rank 6 and rank 2 in my match - I was rank 12. The only person to die was the rank 19 and she was carried by the rest. It's not fair on anyone.
2) Killer who camp, tunnel, slug - I know it's a viable strategy but when at least 2 of these options is happening on 8 out of 10 matches, you wonder why you bother playing. It's just not fun, especially when you're the first one caught with no way to be rescued - guys, it's no fun being left on the side to watch the match when you're out within the first three minutes.
3) Survivors who do everything they can to spoil things for the killer and other players alike. For example, switching to all 4 with torches in the lobby just before the final 5 seconds, trying to get players to play the way the way they want and then when they don't get their own way, they run the killer on to these players. They hide in corners, doing nothing then expect you to hurry up and die on the hook so they can leave by the hatch. The list could go on.
4) The DC'ing - you get a lobby, the killer quits. You get a match, the killer quits. The killer's totem gets bust in the first few minutes, the killer quits. The killer finds a survivor early on, the survivor quits. The survivor gets hooked, they quit. They quit to prevent the killer getting the points for a sacrifice. All you do is screw everyone over.
I know there's good killers and survivors out there and this isn't directed at you. Some matches have been great and even though I didn't escape, I had fund and have messaged killers when possible to thank them for the fun match. Over the last few weeks, this has been few and far between and on the occasions I've wanted to message someone, just to say 'good game', their messages were blocked; I can only assume it's to avoid the toxic crap that salty players send - have had some myself. SAdly, I think the good players will either leave or become as toxic as everyone else as it seems to be the only way to be able to make and progress.
This week, apart from one day, the game has driven me mad with frustration because of the behaviour on both sides; the games are no longer fun and several times I've asked myself why I still play this. After three matches today, each which had been losing my temper and swearing in frustration (something I'm not normally known for doing), I've given up. The game has been deleted - permanently.
So goodbye to what was a great game and goodbye to the few great players who have made the game a fun experience - you are few and far between and I fear becoming increasingly rare. And good riddance to the toxic majority - you've ruined the experience for me for the last time. Do the remaining nice players a favour and go lose yourself in the fog.
@ The Moderators - please feel free to remove my profile from the forum - I will no longer be needing it.
Comments
On console. Im also entitled to my own opinion, so calm down. No need to be a Andy DICK.
Did you just assume a guy with a Bill icon is a Killer main for being toxic?
Because that sort of highlights why this game is losing players.
Most of the responses leave a perfect example of the toxic community and it's really sad that you people are like this