Anniversary this year...
Compared to last year don't you feel like it's sort of lacking? And I mainly mean in game stuff..
Like for example last year we got new offerings and 5 challenges with a really nice reward at the end... and If I recall correctly we also had a x3 week if not weekend.
Comments
Why do you want a x3 weekend if 90% of the player base either gen rushes or moris the first survivor?
Because u still end up getting more points than if it were x2... not to mention the fact that an anniversary is only once a year. And anw... that's the thing I care less about. It just doesn't feel like an anniversary but like any other event, or at least to me.
Look I really think they can easily create new offerings without too much trouble if they think a bit. The thing I dislike mostly is the fact that there's nothing special to the anniversary... sure they added offerings last year but they also did some challenges that ended up with a Map... I sort of wished it was the same this year.
This year is super disappointing.
Last year had : Daily community challenges for killers and survivors, triple BP for 4 days, cosmetic rewards, new (non dlc) map. Added in Party streamers/escape cakes/survivor puddings and had them spawn a ton in blood webs.
This year :
-Failure of a tournament, good idea in theory, terrible execution due to space esports
-Double BP for 4 days the month after the anniversary. (Now adding a 2nd event later in summer to make up for some of the huge delays)
-Nothing unique, no new offerings/items (firecrackers could have returned to celebrate if they couldn't make something brand new, or something new/different if they had the resources to bring something else into play).
-Daily raffle that hasn't been updated daily (27th-3rd had no updates, understandable enough due to the holiday, but there have been multiple times were it has gone 2 days before being updated). 90% of the winners don't have a single login to the forums. So they aren't even lurking accounts. Legit just spam/fakes for more entries. Plus even an unconfirmed account won a day (I thought these weren't even being included?)
-No community challenges (challenges like last anniversary, or lunar event would have been nice). There are the Art and cosplay contests. Kinda sucks for people who can't draw/create worth much but cool I guess. There's some talented fans out there and it's neat to see their work.
-1/3 platforms still waiting on the new content. Not much to be done about this, but its put a bit of a damper on things.
-No acknowledgement from the team for consoles 1 year anniversary in June. Even a tweet to celebrate would have shown they appreciate console players and maybe stopped some of the "Devs h8 consoles!" posts. This is huge, it would have taken 2 minutes for their social media manager to throw up a quick post, heck it's pretty much a free way to gain more of a positive view from console players (especially with the animosity about delayed patches/not being able to be part of the PTB, etc).
TL;DR : Hate to say it but yeah, this anniversary stinks in comparison to year 1 PC anniversary for many reasons. Maybe next year will be better. Gotta have some hope for the entity to feed off of.
It would be cool if we got a new item or a new special event tied into the 2x...
A fresh coat of paint can really do wonders. The Lunar Event was cool.
This was a huge update though too.
I actually had more fun with the Howling grounds event. The special hooks and generators made the game different.
I agree, this was probably the best event they have done.
@Tizzle yeah this anniversary has been a let down. Something objective based in game to activate double bloodpoints would have been fun. If some celebratory decoration of the lobbies and in-game (lockers,generators and hooks) would've made things feel different.
As awesome as this new update was, the release was poorly planned and the only event we really got was the double bp. Yeah they were slackin' this year.
Did I say you claimed killers are innocent? I didn't claim you said killers were innocent, I only said you were blaming survivors for gen rushing and let you know the peachy state of Rank 1 games. I don't see how it's funny if the only option is to gen rush against tryhard memers. I went by the context given.
We really wanted to have in-game activities for the anniversary but considering the amount of work it took to get 2.0.0 out, the new features, the store, the changes, we didn't have enough resources to pull off anything close to what we did last year. This is why most activities were outside of the game. I can assure you there are more events to come, stay tuned!
Uh, I just gave context. If "blaming" was the wrong wording, then fine. I gave you context because you're apparently thinking that gen rushing (which is normal versus Rank1 killers putting up their best instakills) is funny, but if you think normal is funny, then good for you. I didn't say anything about you and what you think of killers, and I couldn't care less about what you main.
You're really getting fired up over nothing.