Question to the devs:

I just had a teammate troll by not saving me from the hook even though it was my first time on it. He kept way away from me and was camping by the hatch. I reached stage two and kept struggling until I died; he didn't even try to come close. After I died he went straight to the hatch and escaped.

I reported him for unsportsmanship, but I don't know how effective the in-game reporting system is. That's why I recorded a very short video of what happened. Now would it help more if I send/share the video with you?

I seriously hope you do something about it.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I suggest you to read this thread https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest and contact support here: support.deadbydaylight.com

  • @Rizzo said:

    I suggest you to read this thread https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest and contact support here: support.deadbydaylight.com

    Thanks.

  • You might not like it but i don't think that's reportable.

    If i was in that situation i would just kill myself so the other survivor can get the hatch faster.

  • I don't think either, they were probably either new to the game or they cared more about escaping than saving you, nothing against the rules.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I don't think either, they were probably either new to the game or they cared more about escaping than saving you, nothing against the rules.

    What are you talking about? I was on the hook for two stages and he kept camping by the hatch. Didn't do gens didn't try ro help; nothing but stay in his place.

    This is the definition of refusing to participate in normal gameplay; which is under the "Unsportsmanlike" category of reporting options.

  • @MegIsMyWaifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571402#Comment_571402

    What are you talking about? I was on the hook for two stages and he kept camping by the hatch. Didn't do gens didn't try ro help; nothing but stay in his place.

    This is the definition of refusing to participate in normal gameplay; which is under the "Unsportsmanlike" category of reporting options.

    Surviving is part of the normal gameplay.

  • I'm sorry, we are just telling you how things are, there's no reason to get heated.

    If you wanna report anyway, you have the links you needed.

  • He was in no danger whatsoever. Unhooking your teammate is normal gameplay. The "surviving" you're talking about is in case of emergency, when the Killer is camping, or the gates are open, or the Killer has NOED. None of these things were taking place. He had all the time to unhook me.

  • @MegIsMyWaifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571416#Comment_571416

    He was in no danger whatsoever. Unhooking your teammate is normal gameplay. The "surviving" you're talking about is in case of emergency, when the Killer is camping, or the gates are open, or the Killer has NOED. None of these things were taking place. He had all the time to unhook me.

    From your point of view? Yes. But they might not know if killer is camping or around you.

    Don't get me wrong, i'm usually willing to sacrifice myself to save others, but complaining just because of that match isn't needed either.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I'm sorry, we are just telling you how things are, there's no reason to get heated.

    If you wanna report anyway, you have the links you needed.

    Literally refusing to participate in normal gameplay, IS a reportable action and it's under a catagory called "Unsportsmanlike". You should both check it out.

  • @My_Farewell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571421#Comment_571421

    From your point of view? Yes. But they might not know if killer is camping or around you.

    Don't get me wrong, i'm usually willing to sacrifice myself to save others, but complaining just because of that match isn't needed either.

    That's why I mentioned that he didn't even TRY to come close and see if the Killer is camping. He stayed waaay far from me.

  • That's not what that means, refusing to participate in normal gameplay is forcing people to farm for example.

    image.png


  • Hmm I wonder, where did you find official rules that say not unhooking your teammates isn't normal gameplay ?

    I think you're just salty because you were left behind. No survivor is forced to save anyone, it's their choice to save you but they don't have to if they chose so. They will never get punished for these decisions.

  • @Rizzo said:

    That's not what that means, refusing to participate in normal gameplay is forcing people to farm for example.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/092/NPN50CGL8GJN.png

    "Refusing to participate in normal gameplay" is not in the photo you provided, but it is in the after-game menu.

  • If you read the link i gave you in the first comment, maybe you'd see that's a screenshot of that post that describes what's reportable and what isn't.

  • @Kebek said:

    Hmm I wonder, where did you find official rules that say not unhooking your teammates isn't normal gameplay ?

    I think you're just salty because you were left behind. No survivor is forced to save anyone, it's their choice to save you but they don't have to if they chose so. They will never get punished for these decisions.

    Normal gameplay: Doing gens, healing others, unhooking, and whatever else you'd like to add.

    He was simply crouching in his place doing NOTHING. "Nothing" is not normal gameplay.

  • Friend, you can't tell other people how to play. He is by no means obligated to rescue you. He wanted to survive, the safest way to do that is letting you die, once there's only two of you.

  • It is not a reportable offence. A survivor can choose to help other survivors or play selfishly - it's their choice.

  • @MegIsMyWaifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571437#Comment_571437

    Normal gameplay: Doing gens, healing others, unhooking, and whatever else you'd like to add.

    He was simply crouching in his place doing NOTHING. "Nothing" is not normal gameplay.


    Oh really ? Who are you to tell us what is normal gameplay. That's just what you think so unless you give real post made by the devs concerning normal gameplay you have no credibility.

    Even crouching around letting your teammates die to get the hatch can be considered normal gameplay since its goal is to survive which is the main goal of survivors.

  • @MegIsMyWaifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571437#Comment_571437

    Normal gameplay: Doing gens, healing others, unhooking, and whatever else you'd like to add.

    He was simply crouching in his place doing NOTHING. "Nothing" is not normal gameplay.

    @MegIsMyWaifu

    Sometimes saving a teammate can also you get killed as well, which is why he chose NOT to save you.


    Think of it like this, is it better for 1 survivor to get sacrificed or is it better for 2 survivors to get sacrificed? Obviously, it's the first option. However, I can agree that it's frustrating, which is why I tend to play killer more than survivor.

  • Nobody is forced to unhook you, people save eachother because teammates increase the chances to survive (and for points) not because they're obliged, but in that case saving you increased his chances to die. He just made a choice you don't like.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/571448#Comment_571448

    Oh really ? Who are you to tell us what is normal gameplay. That's just what you think so unless you give real post made by the devs concerning normal gameplay you have no credibility.

    Even crouching around letting your teammates die to get the hatch can be considered normal gameplay since its goal is to survive which is the main goal of survivors.

    So doing gens, healing others, and unhooking others, isn't normal gameplay?

    And crouching around doing nothing, is normal gameplay?

    One of us is completely delusional.

  • I'd have done the same thing if there were gens to be done and the other two dead. No point in getting us both killed and giving the killer even more points.

  • This thread is not going anywhere, so i'm gonna close it.