Tip for console players

I know I'm stupid, but I was a cheap ass and my wireless headphones wouldn't connect to my PS4, so I never used headphones while playing. That being said, I finally bought a wired pair off Amazon and my gameplay went up 100%. You can hear sooo much more that I couldn't on my TV. Like footsteps, a survivor breathing that's really close to you, the cry's when their injured, etc, etc. I can't STRESS THIS ENOUGH! WEAR HEADPHONES!!! Lmao 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Comments

  • Yeah I enjoy my gold v.2 wireless headset much more than some cheaper headphones I used before. It doesn't improve survivor gameplay that much but helps me when I play killer. Too bad the audio is still not in the good place like before. Sounds are messed up, still.

  • It sucks showing the game to my friends on console because I play without headphones so they can hear, so I play much worse than I normally do (which is already not great to begin win) as a result.

  • @Shaped said:

    Yeah I enjoy my gold v.2 wireless headset much more than some cheaper headphones I used before. It doesn't improve survivor gameplay that much but helps me when I play killer. Too bad the audio is still not in the good place like before. Sounds are messed up, still.

    The psgold version 2?

  • There was an awesome period between patch 3.0.0 and 3.0.2 where you could swing at the SOUND of a crying Blendette hiding in a bush wearing headphones and hit her.

    Unfortunately they "fixed" the sound in 3.0.2 but those were very happy days!

  • Yeah 2018 ones. Platinum were kinda expensive so I went for these. I love them. :)

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/569863#Comment_569863

    Yeah 2018 ones. Platinum were kinda expensive so I went for these. I love them. :)


    I use them too mind if I ask how you set yours up? I took the surround off and noticed a huge difference, but never messed with anything else. Was hoping you might have some insight in them.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/570010#Comment_570010

    I use them too mind if I ask how you set yours up? I took the surround off and noticed a huge difference, but never messed with anything else. Was hoping you might have some insight in them.

    You probably have yours for a while, I got mine less than a month ago. I didn't change anything. Did you played after the last update because some sounds were better heard in stereo and surround was messed up?

    It is not about the headphones, I think they are quite good, the problem comes from the game itself.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/570029#Comment_570029

    You probably have yours for a while, I got mine less than a month ago. I didn't change anything. Did you played after the last update because some sounds were better heard in stereo and surround was messed up?

    It is not about the headphones, I think they are quite good, the problem comes from the game itself.


    I've had them for about 5 months. I took off surround sound a few updates ago when I was looking for tips on the headphones and noticed a lot of people recommended playing with surround sound turned off. I noticed after trying it I had heard sounds a lot more clearly despite the bad audio. Few updates ago I was ecstatic with how good sounds were you could actually locate people with sounds not just a general direction.

    Was just hoping you might of messed with the customization honestly. Rare to run into anyone with psgold headsets.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/570041#Comment_570041

    I've had them for about 5 months. I took off surround sound a few updates ago when I was looking for tips on the headphones and noticed a lot of people recommended playing with surround sound turned off. I noticed after trying it I had heard sounds a lot more clearly despite the bad audio. Few updates ago I was ecstatic with how good sounds were you could actually locate people with sounds not just a general direction.

    Was just hoping you might of messed with the customization honestly. Rare to run into anyone with psgold headsets.

    I didn't mess up with it which is weird for me. I usually have ocd until everything is perfect. But in this situation I thought it wouldn't do much. Wish there are settings for dbd in headset companion app but knowing devs and how sounds change every update it wouldn't work well most likely.

  • And I prefer having surround over stereo, even if hearing survivors better was the case in stereo.