How long do you wait until you restart a lobby search?

If I'm waiting more than 3ish minutes I tend to exit out to the main menu and then get back in to search for a lobby again. I figure maybe my search is bugged or something. Am I actually making my search longer by doing this? It seems to me that when I do it I get a lobby more quickly after retrying but I'm not sure if that's just my confirmation bias.

So: is it better to stick out a long lobby search or should you try restarting it if it seems to be taking too long?

As a side note, if I'm in a lobby stuck at 3 survivors for more than a minute I always exit because I swear the 3 survivor lobby bug still exists.

Comments

  • Recently I am kinda impatient so I just close the game and play something else after 5 minutes. Or I just play killer because on ps4 it is a lot faster than survivor.

  • I refresh the search every few minutes. Whenever I leave it alone I get paired with wildly mismatching ranks, both survivor and killer. I dont want or need to be facing rank 18-20 killers cause lobby search took to long.

  • I got the impression for killer is works like this...

    You are searching.. until the MM picks you up in a bucket to be matched up.

    Once it grabs you in a bucket, your lobby is actually created and MM starts throwing survivors into your lobby.

    Survivor you are basically waiting to be put in a bucket, then matched, but there isn't any distinction in the "search for lobby" that tells you if you are in a bucket or not.

    --

    So restarting during the "searching" part only puts you back into the list for being picked up into a bucket.

    --

    I think restarting your MM now, will put you back to the bottom of the list.

  • I don't think i've ever restarted a search.

    In fact, i've never had longer lobby times than current lobbies (5 minutes at most), which are average waiting times currently according to @Peanits

  • 8 days.

    EAC is ######### bullshit and can't tell a system executable from a cheating tool. Hoping the EAC team ain't as ######### as the AC and accept my appeal. for now, I shall enjoy the searching for lobby bug I have found when i have nothing better to do.

  • @Shaped said:

    Recently I am kinda impatient so I just close the game and play something else after 5 minutes. Or I just play killer because on ps4 it is a lot faster than survivor.

    @Shaped I'm on PC, and pretty much the same. If my Killer lobby hits about 5-7 minutes, I just close the game and go play Overwatch or putz around in offline mode in F13 for a little bit.

    I have limited play time, and can't spend it sitting in a lobby. I'll go pop into Overwatch since it's summer time, the kids and rarely-play college folks are all back in the game so the matches suck across the board, and I'll just spend the summer months learning characters I rarely play, like Hanzo, McCree, and Doomfist. Not sitting in DBD praying to the lobby gods for a match.

  • I usually let it run and watch a video of Monto or someone like that while waiting. Takes about 5 minutes.

  • @Cheers said:

    I usually let it run and watch a video of Monto or someone like that while waiting. Takes about 5 minutes.

    Might slow down your search just a little bit.