A QOL for killers

The upcoming Freddy rework got me thinking, there should be an indicator in the UI that tells you which survivor(s) you are chasing. With Freddy it's important to know if the survivor you're chasing is asleep or not so you can know if you can use your dream powers on them.

Comments

  • Currently with Freddy, its fairly easy to tell if a survivor is asleep or awake by the glow their models put off. Also makes it kinda funny to see a survivor trying to be sneaky in a bush while literally glowing blue. I do think some indicators in the UI though on which survivor is which wouldnt hurt in general though. Would be nice for maybe an indicator of if a survivor is on death hook, how many dull totems are remaining, ect.

  • I don't want the survivors to have an indicator of the remaining totems, where is the fun in that.... for me?

  • @RoKrueger I was actually talking about for the killer. Kinda sucks to just not know if your NOED has already been denied or not until after last gen has popped.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Currently with Freddy, its fairly easy to tell if a survivor is asleep or awake by the glow their models put off. Also makes it kinda funny to see a survivor trying to be sneaky in a bush while literally glowing blue. I do think some indicators in the UI though on which survivor is which wouldnt hurt in general though. Would be nice for maybe an indicator of if a survivor is on death hook, how many dull totems are remaining, ect.

    @LordGlint That would be really neat. Maybe next to their player icon there are little tiers to indicate amount of hooks. Even the death hook knowledge would be great for teammates. If you chase someone, the player's icon glow. I like the suspense of not knowing who has DS, but if they ever try giving teammates that knowledge on the HUD, would be cool if an orange circle around a player's icon counted down (the same way Ghostface's exposed status counts down).

  • @wichael_wyers About DS, i think a timer showing how long its been since someone was last hooked would be handy. Its not uncommon to find and down someone again within a minute of them getting off a hook. Saw a video yesterday of a killer still getting DSed after chasing and hooking 2 other survivors.

    One thing I think would also be nice, its a little thing though... Id like to see who used which offering before the endgame screen. This last event, I tried being really nice by letting everyone escape if 2 or more event cakes were used. I still chased and downed ppl, but I avoided putting anyone on deathhook. If someone wouldve died if I hooked em, Id simply leave em slugged to apply map pressure that way and keep the game going. NOW though, if someone decided to use a bloody party streamer or something...I wanna know who im giving hatch to, lol.

  • @LordGlint said:

    @RoKrueger I was actually talking about for the killer. Kinda sucks to just not know if your NOED has already been denied or not until after last gen has popped.

    @LordGlint But you do know. If it is not active the icon won't lit up.

  • @RoKrueger The icon only lights up at the end of the match, while your left wondering if itll ever light up at all, or have the survivors already cleansed all the totems. You only find out when the last gen pops or when hatch is shut.

  • @LordGlint said:

    @RoKrueger The icon only lights up at the end of the match, while your left wondering if itll ever light up at all, or have the survivors already cleansed all the totems. You only find out when the last gen pops or when hatch is shut.

    @LordGlint When the survivors have completed all the generators and cleansed all the totems but are all still alive, it means I played poorly in that match. The only thing left to do is take the loss with your head held high.... maybe just try to take one of them with you to the basement if you can and camp them ;-)

  • Well the obsession claws are twitchting when chasing the obsession.

    The salty part of the survivor community might interprete such an icon for every chase as "tunneling-tool" and start rioting/whining... Again.

  • @RoKrueger Considering the only killer I bother running it on is Freddy, the only killer who cant really camp a hook... yeah.