Bring Back Down Vote
I really like the option to down vote. It was an easy way of saying "I disagree with you, but either someone has already made the same counter argument I would or I just don't have the time or interest in posting a reason why".
I really like the option to down vote. It was an easy way of saying "I disagree with you, but either someone has already made the same counter argument I would or I just don't have the time or interest in posting a reason why".
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No, "we" would not be happy, I'm always bring my arguments why I am not agree with post, I never used downvote, but I'm using upvote quite often.
The new downvote is the upvote... get with it! Come on!
Remember everyone...
This does put a smile on my face.
Far less likely to be abused - if someone up votes another it is generally authentic. Humans being the petty. obnoxious creatures that they are will slam the down vote like a monkey on meth.
@George_Soros awwww -heart hands-
What if they use a "disagree" option instead of down vote? Maybe that would hurt less feels?
People would still find a reason to ######### in this community.
Indeed. All they did was remove a useless button and look at the comments!
I agree.
Might as well remove upvotes then. Without downvotes upvotes are quite pointless.
the thing is, do we go through life with buttons? no, it's a a forum, voice your words and opinions, not hide behind down voting everything if we could do that, we would have a remote with buttons to do all we could with such lol
lmao. So they took the bully button away from the Killer echo chamber. my heart bleeds.
It wasn't useless. I've already mentioned a number of valuable aspects. You used to be able to click a thread and look at the original post and see by the number of vote ups or vote downs where the community stood on the topic. Compare that to this post. As of the time of writing this, my original post has 38 vote ups. But how many people disagree with me? It's almost impossible to tell.
The inevitable response will be "read the thread". But the thing is that is misleading. There are a handful of participants that are in favor of the vote down options being removed, but it is difficult to get an accurate count because a number of posters have made multiple posts and then there are the lurkers that don't have the time or interest in making a post, but might have voted. Plus some posts can be confusing where a person stands on the issue. You get the occasional person that will take both sides of the issue. You get the occasional sarcastic post and sarcasm doesn't always translate in text very well.
But votes are not confusing. They represent a simple agree or disagree that can easily be understood by everyone. So 38 people agree with me, but do 6 or 60 people disagree? That is the difference between an overwhelming majority or minority.
ha, i got a lot of downvotes on my "why does everyone like dwight so much" post. i miss them along with the LOL button.
This argument is so illogical that it is mind boggling. Yes we go through life with buttons! You use buttons on your phone, car, computer, tv, blenders, etc. You wouldn't have been able to "voice your opinion" on these forums in the first place without buttons!