Summarizing today
First We got to know that we got screwed with the double BP event, its gonna start ont he 6th, not on the 5th as advertised
Then DBD servers went down after the PS4 patch went live. Strange that everyone is affected, cant see a connection but whatever
Shortly after that, even the forum goes down..... ![]()
What is next?
Comments
Uh. I am on the game, the servers never went down for me.
The event starts on the 5th by the timezone they're prioritizing. For people who start on the 6th, will finish on the 10th. Its still the same amount of time.
Only if you assume that the event will end at the same time, I have a feeling telling me that it wont be the case
Also its kinda weird since the majority of the community is exactl NOT from NA^^
That's not nice! That's what we get for the money I've put in the game.
Official today is a failure.
Yes the event ends at the same time. It starts Midnight UTC on the 6th, and finishes Midnight UTC on the 10th. That is a 2am start and finish for the UK, 8pm EST start for NA, and will finish 8pm EST on the 9th.
No matter the timezone, itll be the same length for the event.
Sure, how can you tell? Are you a fortune teller?
Basing it off previous bloodhunts
. All the timezones will have the same length of time for the event though.
I get this message, down for all my friends who play dbd, and I thought the double bp event was only for a weekend ^^'
Thursday till Monday if you are NA, Friday to Tuesday in other places. Verify game files, and run EAC to make sure it is installed. When I updated to PTB my EAC uninstalled and I had to fix it myself.
Done that all, yet won't let me play
Are you getting the EAC error still, or has it changed to the "Cannot connect to the server" error?
i mean... its 6.37 pm, 5th of july. I've been awake since 3 am to play dbd for double bp... never happened
What are you people talking about.
The 2x BP event starts at 7pm CST today.
The event starts at 4am the 6th, and ends 4am the 10th in your timezone I believe.
Well, partially wrong. They have always given the starting times for the UTC/GMT time zone, because this is the central time zone, so actually saying the event starts on the 5th was wrong, because that would have been 16 hours ago. The event is now starting on the 6th midnight UTC/GMT, which is actually the 5th for the entirety of America.
On the original posts however, for the first time they did not actually give a specific time, just a date, so they caused a hell of a lot of confusion. American time zones are not a priority, UTC/GMT is.
Oh yes, I am aware they changed how the timezone they have prioritized for this, maybe its because it ties in with the PS4 update. Nonetheless, we still all get the same amount of time to play in the Bloodhunt.
Not everyone lives in your place, I know its hard to understand for muricans
I live in Belgium so that's GMT +1. So what time is it for real?
uh... if the event will remain till the 10th im not sad.... i wont play on the 7-8th and i thought i will miss some days... so we got one more day...
6th, 1 am.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/7275/countdown-till-the-double-bloodpoints-bloodhunt-starts#latest
No I actually understand time zones very much. You said it wasn't going to be today...
which is very much not the case...
As not everyone lives in Europe...
RIght back at ya.
Kiddo.
For the majority of the communtiy it is the 6th indeed, but I guess theres no point arguing with a murica kid
Hmm so most of the community is Euro?
That's interesting...
silly kiddo
The world is larger than NA and EU, but again I forgive a kid like you, nvm
Say what you want. The game is based in NA, and has MOST of its players in NA. Fact.
So my timezone takes priority in a game where it is based.
So yeah, people crying about stuff because they live in EU is stupid. It's our fault that you guys are ahead in time?
Who cares. Grow up.
Ok you say its a fact that NA has most players, I dare you to provide proof
In FACT the peak of players is in a NA-not-friendly time and its also a FACT that the tournament happened to the time where the LEAST players play DBD.
UNlike you I can actually prove my statements : https://steamdb.info/app/381210/graphs/
The devs are in Canada. Kinda weird to assume they won't use the timezone they're in.
Still really confused when people say the Devs got the date wrong. The only thing they're guilty of is not specifying. Everyone knows it was meant to be a bloodpoint WEEKEND anyway, so it hardly makes a difference.
Why are you crying? Is it our fault you're behind us in time? Who cares. Grow up.